• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Citi Financial & PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Gullible,

You need to send them a SAR, which is available from the link below..

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

As you can see my claim is up in the air at the minute, Ive "partially accepted" the £388.64 they have sent me but am going for the remainder.

Id also advise you to start a Fresh thread, this way you can keep track of your claim and its easier to reference back too so others on this "Wonderful" forum can help :-)

Good Luck and keep on at them. Its YOUR Money!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using the CAG PPI XLS calculator to work this out, it is really straightforward. As for Citi, watch them, they take everything to the final point, and then roll over. I had to write to Vikram Pandit in the USA before they acknowledged my complaint, its been through FOS who found them guilty, still negotiating direct, and they have stalled. I am trying to now enforce with a court order. Who are you dealing with? All major stuff now goes through Derby

Are you using the CAG PPI XLS calculator to work this out, it is really straightforward. As for Citi, watch them, they take everything to the final point, and then roll over. I had to write to Vikram Pandit in the USA before they acknowledged my complaint, its been through FOS who found them guilty, still negotiating direct, and they have stalled. I am trying to now enforce with a court order. Who are you dealing with? All major stuff now goes through Derby

officejet,

Yeh Ive used the PPI Calculator, but I must be doing something wrong?! Its coming up with figures at about £7.5K, but obviously as I have only made 5 payments before the loan was settled am thinking that the calculator has based the figures on the PPI being paid off over the 3 year term of the loan.

I know for a fact I paid approx 5 payments of the loan and "over" £3500 for the settlement (I had a cheque made out to Citi Financial with my re-financing loan for £3500 and had to pay extra on top of this, which was unexpected).

I will double check when I get in from work of where I received my £388.64 cheque from.

:)

Gullible,

You need to send them a SAR, which is available from the link below..

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

As you can see my claim is up in the air at the minute, Ive "partially accepted" the £388.64 they have sent me but am going for the remainder.

Id also advise you to start a Fresh thread, this way you can keep track of your claim and its easier to reference back too so others on this "Wonderful" forum can help :-)

Good Luck and keep on at them. Its YOUR Money!

Thanx Very Much for this..will get onto it asap x

Sorry to be a pin..but when I send off the letter I do not remember my account number nor do I have any details left to try and find out what it was. How will they be able to trace my details?? I am such a fool I wish I held on to everything.

Sorry to be a pin..but when I send off the letter I do not remember my account number nor do I have any details left to try and find out what it was. How will they be able to trace my details?? I am such a fool I wish I held on to everything.

Just use your address and name as reference, obviously use the address that was used when the loan was taken out...

They may reply back asking for further info, but from an old loan I had all I quoted was my address details and they located the details I requested.

Get stuck then let us know, Im sure we can offer the help you need.... but again, start a fresh thread and youll be able to use it for reference etc...

If you send me your email add , I can email you the spreadsheet, as it looks abit confusing here but I would go for contractual, of £927.43 +£18,599

Loan Details (From agreement) Actual Costs (Over full term of loan)

Loan Amount £3,500.00 Total True Cost £7,893.00

PPI Premium £927.43 (A ) Total Interest £7,893.00

Total Loan Annual Int.% 40.56

Apr% 51.7 Annual PPI Int. £376.17

Monthly Int.% 3.380 Total PPI Int. £1,128.50

No. of Payments 36

No. of Years 3 Actual Costs (So far)

Monthly Payment £219.25 Monthly PPI Int. £31.35

No. of Months Paid to Date 5

PPI Interest Paid to date £156.74

Settlement (If applicable)

Settlement Figure £3,500.00 PPI Kept by Lender £-

Settlement PPI Rebate £927.43 >>>

Actual Settlement £4,427.43 What should be refund£927.43

Statutory Contractual

Total Paid £1,052.83 £1,052.83

Total Interest £468.10 £17,546.31

Total Refund Required £1,520.93 OR £18,599.14

Date Calculated: 14/01/10

Statutory Interest (Simple)

In Respect of: Date Incurred Amount Days since Charge Interest Rate Applied (APR) Interest on Payments Made Total Owed

PPI Premium – Loan No. 1 20/06/04 £927.43 2034 8.00% £413.46 £1,340.89

PPI Premium Interest – Loan No. 1 - Month 1 20/06/04 £31.35 2034 8.00% £13.98 £45.33

PPI Premium Interest – Loan No. 1 - Month 2 20/07/04 £31.35 2004 8.00% £13.77 £45.12

PPI Premium Interest – Loan No. 1 - Month 3 20/08/04 £31.35 1973 8.00% £13.56 £44.91

PPI Premium Interest – Loan No. 1 - Month 4 20/09/04 £31.35 1942 8.00% £13.34 £44.69

£1,052.83 £468.10 £1,520.93

well done

should of used that last night!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Date Calculated: 14/01/10

Statutory Interest (Simple)

In Respect of: Date Incurred Amount Days since Charge Interest Rate Applied (APR) Interest on Payments Made Total Owed

PPI Premium – Loan No. 1 20/06/04 £927.43 2034 8.00% £413.46 £1,340.89

PPI Premium Interest – Loan No. 1 - Month 1 20/06/04 £31.35 2034 8.00% £13.98 £45.33

PPI Premium Interest – Loan No. 1 - Month 2 20/07/04 £31.35 2004 8.00% £13.77 £45.12

PPI Premium Interest – Loan No. 1 - Month 3 20/08/04 £31.35 1973 8.00% £13.56 £44.91

PPI Premium Interest – Loan No. 1 - Month 4 20/09/04 £31.35 1942 8.00% £13.34 £44.69

£1,052.83 £468.10 £1,520.93

This is the bit that is throwing it off I think (highlighted in RED), obviously this states that a payment was made on the 20th June 2004 of £927.43 whereas only the 4 payments were made on the PPI (4 x £31.35, plus any outstanding was paid via the settlement).

:confused:

Im confused :lol:

me thinks you need to re-jig your reclaim sheet !

told you you'ed been screwed!

dx

• Haha 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100uk,

Yup looks like it.... Ive still no idea what I can claim for though, Ive filled out the details as before but its still coming back with a figure of £18K+ (contractual interest) so....

I gave them 8 weeks from my initial letter which was posted 28th Nov, so the time is ticking good and proper.

• 3 weeks later...

you dont

leave it blank

dx

and they

gullible - As dx says leave it blank, just ensure you get it posted recorded to ensure they receive it (mistake Ive made)

Well as I heard nothing I thought Id give them a call yesterday to ensure they were in receipt of my declining offer (my mrs in her wisdom just posted it first class "WOMEN!!" ;-) ). They informed me they werent in receipt of my reply and advised me to scan and email them a copy, which I have done and have received 2 "Read Me" replies so....

I have also extended their deadline until the 18th Feb which gives them 7 days to respond (have I been too leanient?)

So its a case of sitting and waiting again..... Im guessing my LBA is the next step though if they dont come to a comprimise?!?

Hope all are well? :)

Thank god its "FRIDAY!!"

dx100uk,

Yup looks like it.... Ive still no idea what I can claim for though, Ive filled out the details as before but its still coming back with a figure of £18K+ (contractual interest) so....

I gave them 8 weeks from my initial letter which was posted 28th Nov, so the time is ticking good and proper.

what this £18k figure...not a PPI refund i hope..if so it must be wrong

dx

and they

dx.... thats what it came back with BUT... thought thats a little bit too much (would be nice though).

So I have hit them with a claim of £1340 this is guestimated on payments made and their non refund of the £690 they insist that they paid on Settlement.

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading your thread and thought I'd tell you what happened to me. I've found that Citifinancial are absolute sharks!!! I consolidated 2 loans, one of which I had with them originally and alarm bells started to ring when I questioned the payments and she told me that that was inclusive of insurance. When I told her that I didn't want it, she had to go in and alter the forms that she had already filled in (before I arrived) on my behalf, very thoughtful of her!

They also neglected to pay off the loan with the other company and I wasn't aware until 2 months later when they started ringing me asking when I was going to make a payment.

I complained to the Ombudsman in October 2008 and I have just received an answer to my complaint and he has asked if I will sign to agree what he has said which I don't in principal but where will my principals get me?

Unfortunately I have already been told that Citi 'aren't in a position to deal with this right now' and that they have asked for it to be referred to an ombudsman so basically its a wasted exercise.

One thing that has annoyed me is that unless you can provide absolute proof to the Ombudsman, they seem to side with the Company involved or give them 'the benefit of the doubt'. I was not informed of the PPI, the loan arrangement fee or the extorionate interest rate on the second loan but because Citi 'filled out a checksheet' they've been given the benefit of the doubt. The Ombudsman said that he believes that I would have taken the loan anyway and therefore cannot comment on the interest rate - I felt it was nice of him to speak on my behalf about that but unfortunately he is very wrong.

Good Luck but don't give them too much leeway before you go to the Financial Ombudsman.

Heard absolutely nothing off them.

Is it now time for my LBA? :-)

they prob wont write back, guestimates are just that.

you are guessiing what they owe you, so they are saying back, guess what, you got it, we won't pay up.

you need to hit them with a proper breakdown via a spreadsheet.

dx

and they

dx100uk.

Im obviously at a brick wall then now aren't I?

Firstly - I know what my PPI payment was but of course the loan was paid off early so....

Secondly - They tell me a rebate was made upon settlement which of course I am again guessing at....

Looks like Im gonna walk away with the £358 they paid me and made do.... unless I complain to the FLA? who would probably take it up on my behalf? or am I now past that stage?