Leased car fair wear and tear dispute - help!

Herdiamond
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We've just returned a lease vehicle, and in addition to the excess mileage charge, which we were expecting, we have also been hit with a £505 (excl VAT) charge for damage which was totally unexpected. Not only that, the lease company have sent through photos of the alleged damage which are blurry, unclear and/or just show reflections of the workshop..

I've emailed them back to ask for more specific damage descriptions and clearer photos, and also where these fall outside of the fair wear and tear descriptions, because as far as we are concerned, the majority of things they have highlighted either don't exist, or were within the wear and tear allowance.

In addition, the vehicle collection sheet shows absolutely no damage whatsoever to any part of the car.

I am wondering what our rights are - if it's their word against ours, would we need to do to resolve this? I am absolutely unprepared to pay the full amount they claim we owe. IN addition, we also leave the country next week, for at least 1.5 years, so what do we do to reoslve this then?

Help!!!!

normally when you have back a leased vehicle an inspection is done by them in your presence - i take it this is the vehicle collection sheet

is this signed by you and them?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know any law on this, or no-win no-fee lawyers?

An ex lodger has been charged over £3,000.

The contract states that it is exempt from consumer protection legislation.

Repairs are charged at any figure Mercedes chooses - hundreds for a bumper.

My dad had this the other way when he ran a hire purchase firm in the 80s, but all the work he did was heavily regulated: these folks seem to have found loophole in the law - or have they!