SPML insurance scam

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a mortgage with SPML for a few years and have used another company for my house insurance up until now. I have not made any changes to the policy, but this year when the policy came up for renewal SPML wrote to say that the policy was inadequate for a number of reasons. I wasn't very swift in getting back to them, and in the meantime they said they were switching my house insurance to their own broker and charging me an extra £45 per month for the dubious priviledge. I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction for a robust and meaningful response.

Cheers,

metricman

I dodnt know how to respond to these thieves but,I have had the same experience with oakwood/mars, and they are taking me to court for a repo hearing!!! so My Judge will hear about it

I sent a SAR and surprise surprise I got back a copy of their insurance invoice which was £300 less than they are charging me.

Check your policies and dont let em get away with it

ohitsonlyme

Get in touch with SPML and find out why your policy is not good enough. You can then approach your own insurance company and amend your policy as necessary and cancel SPMLs. It will be part of your agreement to have adaquate buildings cover.