• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance Unenforceable Loan ??

dantripled
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to this site, but after reading many of the threads on here, I feel sure somebody may be able to help/advise me.

I took a secured loan out with Welcome Finance in 2005 for around £11800, this was a re-write. I have paid in almost £5000, however I have missed several payments over the years and have accrued many charges. My account was recently taken over by a new account manager, who decided to tell me for the first time ever that my contractual monthly payment wasn't even covering the interest being applied!!!!!! My £11800 loan now stands at around £16000. I immediatly agreed to up my payments to cover interest and a little bit more but was very shocked no-one in Welcome had ever told me this before, I questioned this and was told that interest had only accrued since Oct 2008 due to missing a payment, so for almost a year, I have had £2/£3 added to my account each month, instead of anything coming off!!!.

I paid a £10 fee back in July, to which i have proof of (bank smt) and requested that they send me my CCA. I received a computer print out, with all figures on, but no dates, names or signatures.

I never did anything with this until 2 weeks ago when i asked my new account manager to send me the correct CCA through, which i had paid for. He phoned back to say they couln't find it. He then basically said if i go for unenforceable loan, they will take me to court for the original loan, which this one wrote off.

I have a meeting arranged this week with new account manager to discuss this further and would appreciate any advice beforehand. I have been advised to hold all future payments as this loan may not stand etc....

First of all:-

a) should i stop paying now???

b) should i even go to meeting this week???

c) what do i say when they phone chasing payment???

d) if they can't produce my CCA, and the loan is uneforceable, what would happen to previous monies paid in???

I would really appreciate any help on offer, thanks guys:)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Dantripled

What Ever You Do, Follow This Advice

Welcome Only Want You To Go Into The Branch To Get You To Sign A New Agreement

Tell Them To Bog Off If They Do

Do You Have The Original Loan Agreement And If So Post It Onto Your Thread

Google Photo Bucket

GO TO THE MEETING TO FIND OUT WHAT WELCOME ARE UP TO

THATS ALL

I have the original agreement in my possession (blue carbon copy). This i believe is unenforceable as it doesn't have CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 on there as a header, it is also unsigned and undated for and on behalf of Welcome Finance.

I truly believe they know this is unenforceable and have "lost" it on purpose maybe???

Either way, if they do happen to locate it, do i have a leg to stand on??? If they don't locate it, i am laughing anyway surely????

Do you suggest i stop making payments as of now, only my DD is due out this week??

Thanks for your speedy reply post ;)

the above is a copy of the loan, myself and hubby went into branch to sign. not very clear but, there is no signature for and on behalf of welcome or date, there is only a witness signature. also this agreement does not have CCA header on it, hence the reason why they probably can't find it????

it is difficult to read figures from this, so here they are:-

Total amount of credit: £10676.40

monthly payment: £151.50

Number of monthly payments: 180

APR VARIABLE: 16.40%

TOTAL CHARGE FOR CREDIT (M+N+O) £16594.36

ACCEPTANCE FEE: £0

MORTGAGE INDEMNITY FEE: £1174.40

INTEREST CHARGE: £15419.96

RATE OF INTEREST - NO FIGURE IN THIS BOX

SETTLEMENT FIGURES:-

AFTER QURTER TERM: £9864.99

AFTER HALF TERM: £8189.87

AFTER 3 QUARTERS TERM: £5230.37

MYSELF & HUBBY HAVE BOTH SIGNED THE AGREEMENT ON 25/11/2005

UPON LOOKING AT THIS FURTHER I HAVE JUST NOTICED A BOX FOR PPI FURTHER DOWN, NOT SURE IF YOU CAN SEE IT BUT THIS READS AS FOLLOWS:-

I WISH TO PURCHASE ________________

PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE

THERE ARE NO FIGURES IN THIS SECTION AND NONE OF THE BOXES HAVE BEEN TICKED, HOWEVER I HAVE JUST NOTICED THAT WE HAVE SIGNED THIS SECTION ALSO. SO WHAT HAVE WE ACTUALLY SIGNED FOR HERE??? I WAS ALWAYS UNDER THE IMPRESSION WE DIDN'T HAVE PPI

You Signed The Pre Contract Agreement And Welcome Being Muppetts Have Accepted It

You Have Not Signed Any Credit Agreement

JUST LOOKING ALSO

THE APR HAS NOT BEEN INCLUDED

THAT A PERSCRIBED TERM

LOAN TOTALLY UNENFORCEABLE

YES THIS IS A SECURED LOAN POST. UPON REQUESTING A COPY OF MY CCA BACK IN JULY, I RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT:-

ccafromwelcome.jpg?t=1255989518

THE FIGURES READ THE SAME AS THE CARBON COPY ABOVE, HOWEVER THIS ONE HAS THE CORRECT HEADER AND ALSO HAS THE ADDED FIGURE OF 14% FOR RATE OF INTEREST PER ANNUM.

THE MASSIVE FLAW HERE IS THAT THIS COPY STRANGELY HAS NO NAME, ADDRESS OR SIGNATURES ON IT ANYWHERE, SO BASICALLY IT COULD BE ANYBODY'S LOAN????

WHEN I PHONED TO SAY PLEASE SEND ME CORRECT AGREEMENT, IT IS THEN THAT THEY SAID THEY CAN'T LOCATE IT.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS NOW????

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IT'S MY LUCKY DAY, DO WE HAVE A GOOD CASE HERE????

THANKS YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP SO FAR, IT REALLY IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

No it was requested over the phone back in july and i was told i had to pay £10 fee!!!! I did this by debit card and have the statement to prove my payment.

When i have phoned again requesting the correct CCA, they said they can't find my £10 in the system so any requests from me are on hold while they locate my fee. Personally i think they are stalling, god knows what for, but they have requested this meeting on friday so i will be taking a copy of bank smt in with me to prove i have paid.

What else do you think i should be saying to them when i get there???

It Seems Welcome Have Lost Your Agreement

As Stated

Sign Nothing, Welcome Will Prob Sling An Agreement Under Your Nose And Say Sign Or Be Hung , Drawn, And Quartered

Ime Posting A Template In A Mo For You To Send Welcome

Lets Do This By The Book

yes i have signed the pre contract agreement only haven't i. i did notice that it says on there DO NOT sign or return this copy, why is that???

so basically are you saying i have never signed an actual credit agreement?? also, why do you think they would "lose" this pre-contract agreement, surely if this goes to court, they at least have something with my signature on and that would help them, no??

WITH OUT AN AGREEMENT

WELCOME ARE STUFFED

THEY DEFAULT ON THIS REQUEST IME POSTING AND THEY WONT BE ABLE TO TAKE IT TO COURT AND AFTER 14 DAYS FROM RECEIPT YOU CAN WITH HOLD PAYMENT WITH NO PENALTY

send this by recorded delievery

to

welcome financial services

compliance

ruddington fields business park

ruddington

nottingham

ng11 6nz

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77(1) to s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name

It is clearly obvious that you have had bad dealings with Welcome in the past and your advice is absolutely sound as can be. Thank god for people like you, i really can't thank you enough. For once i think i will have a decent night's sleep tonight, as i am feeling positive now.

I will send this letter off recorded tomorow and if anything happens in the meantime, i will let you know asap, other than that i will be in touch on friday after the dreaded meeting ha ha, speak soon and once again thanks for everything:D

Just a little tip. Welcome Finance tend to charge interest on their fees. There's a case in the CoA at the moment awaiting judgment on the issue of whether that is legitimate. If it goes in favour of the consumer, then you may want to challenge Welcome over that mortgage indemnity fee...