Letters needed for default removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place last time.

Does anyone have a template letter for getting a default and late payments removed off my credit report.

My account has been paid in full since June 2007 but due to some idiot at welcome seriously messing my account up I have just recieved default, they are repaying the amount they owe back to me but there dragging there feet getting my credit report cleaned up.

I would like a letter that says they have a set amount of time to do this as I keep getting told there is a back log for the credit agencies and this could take several months, this is having an awful effect on my credit rating.

My account shows from June 2007 till now 0000000001231234563456666D

Thanks

Hi

Try this thread, there's some good stuff there

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/222663-cras-ocs-credit-ref.html

If this has been paid up and they are now adding false info you may have a claim for compensation too if they have impacted your life by screwing your rating up.

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I would be sending Welcome a letter before action demanding they remove the incorrect data within 28 days. If they don't then off to court you go.

I would also write to the CRA informing them of the data issues and remind them that they are JOINT data controllers and as such can be sued alongside Welcome

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

You have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXXXXXX - date of preliminary letter] and its enclosed schedule.

If you do not remove the default and late payment entries from my credit file within 14 days I shall issue proceedings in the County Court and without any further notice to you.

How do I word the bit about compensation as my account has been cleared from June 2007 and they have just defaulted my account August 09. If this had been sorted out in 2007 I would have clearly got a better apr for my car agreement.