• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Log Book Loans please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my partner took out a log book loan on our car this was done mainly over the telephone and concluded in a Money Shop. He took out the loan as he was layed off from his job but with the promise of returning to work which unfortunately did not happen he has been out of work for sometime now and as a consequence was unfortunatley unable to pay off any of the repayments. I am now living in fear as we have had letters with threats of taking possesion (THIER) vehicle and bailiffs card shoved through the letter box the car is the only thing we own of any value when i sat that its only worth around £1300 but that to me is everything. The loan was only £500 i am petrefied is thier any loopholes i could look into or does anybody know of anything at all i could do. Also as the loan was secured on the car is there now outstanding finance on the car,

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

• 2 weeks later...
Thankyou im affraid ive had to come to an arrangement with them to keep my car, im now paying a fortune every month for the sake of £500 NEVER AGAIN

This arrangement was this done over the phone or was it via letter? This you state was done over the phone? Did you or your partner sign anything? Do you have a copy you could put up (remove your personal details)?

Just a word of warning, do not trust them.

trooper68

Trooper68:)

Hi i dont have anything in writing it was arranged over the phone and we were asked to submitt a new payment proposal by email. The company we used was loans 4 logbooks, have they been known to go back on thier word????

Hi i dont have anything in writing it was arranged over the phone and we were asked to submitt a new payment proposal by email. The company we used was loans 4 logbooks, have they been known to go back on thier word????

Hi

May I suggest you start reading the posts and stickys, it will make things a little clear.

So you have no paperwork, no copy of the BoS, and all this done over the phone, so how do they know its you? Do you have a copy of the email? hmmm, i'm smelling a rat. First thing you need to do is SAR the by reg letter, you will also need to find out the BoS registration number, then see if it has been correctly done at court.

start off reading the stickys.

trooper68

oh sorry yes we signed some paperwork at the moneyshop but with reguards to the new payment arrangements no paperwork. i have just been reading the above posts re. bos there was only one lady by herself at the moneyshop when the agreement was taken out does this mean there was no witness. also i dont know if it matters she didnt even look at the car. Thanks Trooper your a big help.

oh sorry yes we signed some paperwork at the moneyshop but with reguards to the new payment arrangements no paperwork. i have just been reading the above posts re. bos there was only one lady by herself at the moneyshop when the agreement was taken out does this mean there was no witness. also i dont know if it matters she didnt even look at the car. Thanks Trooper your a big help.

Ok, can you get that and anything else posted up without your personal details. If there is no separate witness, Its void. You will need to check with the court as well. Looking at the car, no, she more than likley valued it under what its worth. As for the new arrangment, it was not a BoS, so NOT take there word for it. Are you behind with the payments?

trooper68

Yes we are behind they have agreed to call off any action if we pay what was agreed £200 per month and we already paid £100 to call off recovery agents. Are the company we are dealing with Loans $ Logbooks the same company as log book loans do you know??

Yes we are behind they have agreed to call off any action if we pay what was agreed £200 per month and we already paid £100 to call off recovery agents. Are the company we are dealing with Loans $ Logbooks the same company as log book loans do you know??

Ok, let me get this in to perspective.

You borrowed £500, they set up a repayment plan of £200 a month for how long? They charged you £100 for not sending the "agents".

Right, have they told you how much you owe? I'm guessing No. Write a letter to them, reg it, requesting a brake down of the account and how they calculated the charges. Look carefully when you get it. NOW HIDE THE CAR, not in you garage, down the road. Do you know anyone who will keep the car away? (from you area)

trooper68

Ive done the same thing as your husband! But last night they took my car without any notice, I took it out with Mobile money, 1st payment i made was 3 days early, I lost my Job my House my family, my god daughter passed away 3 hours after her birth ect! explained this to them which they more or less told me tuff crap! The manger rang me about 3 weeks ago making out he was nice ect over the phone i had voice message left on my mobile as i turned it off after about 10 calls a day from them treating to tell my dad as they knew he owned his own company (after explain i had nothing to do with my dad anymore due to family matters!) He said if you pay £400 i will clear the account so i tried to get it together but noway i could being on the dole and trying to get a empty house sorted too! (being 22 and in a credit crunch nothing bank could do either). I rang them explained this again to the manger who seems to understand i offered to pay £50 a week till i payed it off.... He said this was fine with this so i made two payments so far plus what i paid from first doing it, id moved address since taking the log book loan out so they didnt know where i lived or anything! last night i heard a recovery truck which was uploading my car to his wagon i stood infront of my car which he couldnt pull on till i moved while doing this i rang my dad who flew round and said do not let them take the car my father didnt even know id done this at all, He blocked the wagon from taking my car the mobile money people told my dad i had not paid anything at all so i ran inside and got my bank statments to prove i had made a payment of £50 on the 18th they called the police and they made my dad move this 4x4 pick up, If i was you i would get the new aggrement in wrighting because accoring to the man last night he said they are within there wright even thou i had started new payments and made them! the total from £400 went upto £726 my dad offered them £600 cash there and then but they refussed it. So they took my car after i screamed cried and all my stuff bank cards money ect is in the car, they dont have my car keys i refused to give them it, they had no balift with them or court order to take my car just 2 sumg guys and a recovery wagon! Just go steady with what you have set up and keep your car off the road they have been following me and logging my every move!

Zara-Lea :p

Ive done the same thing as your husband! But last night they took my car without any notice, I took it out with Mobile money, 1st payment i made was 3 days early, I lost my Job my House my family, my god daughter passed away 3 hours after her birth ect! explained this to them which they more or less told me tuff crap! The manger rang me about 3 weeks ago making out he was nice ect over the phone i had voice message left on my mobile as i turned it off after about 10 calls a day from them treating to tell my dad as they knew he owned his own company (after explain i had nothing to do with my dad anymore due to family matters!) He said if you pay £400 i will clear the account so i tried to get it together but noway i could being on the dole and trying to get a empty house sorted too! (being 22 and in a credit crunch nothing bank could do either). I rang them explained this again to the manger who seems to understand i offered to pay £50 a week till i payed it off.... He said this was fine with this so i made two payments so far plus what i paid from first doing it, id moved address since taking the log book loan out so they didnt know where i lived or anything! last night i heard a recovery truck which was uploading my car to his wagon i stood infront of my car which he couldnt pull on till i moved while doing this i rang my dad who flew round and said do not let them take the car my father didnt even know id done this at all, He blocked the wagon from taking my car the mobile money people told my dad i had not paid anything at all so i ran inside and got my bank statments to prove i had made a payment of £50 on the 18th they called the police and they made my dad move this 4x4 pick up, If i was you i would get the new aggrement in wrighting because accoring to the man last night he said they are within there wright even thou i had started new payments and made them! the total from £400 went upto £726 my dad offered them £600 cash there and then but they refussed it. So they took my car after i screamed cried and all my stuff bank cards money ect is in the car, they dont have my car keys i refused to give them it, they had no balift with them or court order to take my car just 2 sumg guys and a recovery wagon! Just go steady with what you have set up and keep your car off the road they have been following me and logging my every move!

Ok, this was taken last night, the car. Did they show you any paper work, these agents?

So you offered payment and they refused, was this infront of the Police?

Ok, you need to act fast if you want your car back, you need to go to county court and get an injunction by the judge, this will prevent them selling the car, if you check the posts on the Bill of Sale forum it explains all this. They "should" hold the car for 5 days, and "should" allow access to recover you personal items. But i will state this DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU, if you can record or get everthing in writing.

Act now if you want your car back.

I would also report the car being taken to the Police, don't be put of if they state its a civil matter, they have taken the car without a court order and no paperwork, in otherwords TWOC.

trooper68

Edited by trooper68

Omg this is awful i cant believe the level these vultures will stoop to, im a nervous wreck, im just about to check out the bill of sale can anyone tell me the exact way in which to go about this i have lost my copy but i know the date of bos and obviously the other party. thankyou.

Omg this is awful i cant believe the level these vultures will stoop to, im a nervous wreck, im just about to check out the bill of sale can anyone tell me the exact way in which to go about this i have lost my copy but i know the date of bos and obviously the other party. thankyou.

You can SAR the lender, but you can see if the BoS has been reged at The Hight Court if you have the BoS number, and ask for the date it was done. It should be done within 7 clear days, not working days.

googlewhack the high court

trooper68

No paper work was show to me they didnt even knock on my door they shouldnt even know where i live but they had been following me, After floods of tears Ive spoken to trading standers commety legal advisers, debt lines citzen advise ect, If they have applied with the high courts in london and got the paperwork sealed and stamped they can do it but legally are not allowed to sell the car 4 7days or sumthing alonge these lines! They have just rang me now and my dad spoken to them because all i kept doing was crying! The company say they have this high court order but you can not go to a county court to stop it, You have to apply with the high court in london pay £40 to check which u will recive in a couple of days to see if they have done it the right way, For anyone who's done this my advise would be just pay it or call a debt line to help you, i never beleive they could do this at all after setting up a payment plan but they have told my dad i have not been making second set of payments but i have. If the second aggrement is not draw up in wright this lady is going to have the same problems as soon as you think its safe to leave your car they will have it away! im sooooo upset!

Vickie i know how you are feeling straight away ive been crying since about 8 this morning and cant stop, My dad just taken my car keys so i dont know whats happening , I aint going to lie to you hun but its risky, You need the 2nd aggrement in wrighting i have a new logbook and stuff but to be honest even if you change your name on the logbook they can still take it even if its not outside your home, while ive been paying 50 a week and they know im on 90 every two week they have been doing woteva they need to take my car, ive spoken to trading standers this morning who are very helpful i'll give you the number the gave me have a word with them and see if the can help you more its 08453454345 explain it all over the phone and they will help you set up the repayments within the law and you are not going to in the same place as me, Please do phone them thou i wouldnt wish this on my worse enmey

I didnt really want to arrouse the suspicions of the loan co, by getting them involved must i have the bos number will all other details not be enough, also do you know how much it would cost cant find on google.

There Address to apply by wrighting to check it is

judement & order section

Room e15-e17

Royal courts of justace

london

wc2a2ll

it cost £40.00

But apply by phone & there number is 02079476000

No paper work was show to me they didnt even knock on my door they shouldnt even know where i live but they had been following me, After floods of tears Ive spoken to trading standers commety legal advisers, debt lines citzen advise ect, If they have applied with the high courts in london and got the paperwork sealed and stamped they can do it but legally are not allowed to sell the car 4 7days or sumthing alonge these lines! They have just rang me now and my dad spoken to them because all i kept doing was crying! The company say they have this high court order but you can not go to a county court to stop it, You have to apply with the high court in london pay £40 to check which u will recive in a couple of days to see if they have done it the right way, For anyone who's done this my advise would be just pay it or call a debt line to help you, i never beleive they could do this at all after setting up a payment plan but they have told my dad i have not been making second set of payments but i have. If the second aggrement is not draw up in wright this lady is going to have the same problems as soon as you think its safe to leave your car they will have it away! im sooooo upset!

Ok, now what they have told you is wrong, Its not 7 days to hold and sell your car its 5. They don't need a court order from the high court the BoS covers them in that you "sold" the car to them.

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR CAR. If you go to the County Court, fill in the forms, i cannot remember the form number, you can apply for a court injunction to stop the SELLING the car, this gives you time to resolve the issue. If the sell the car under a court order they are in trouble.

THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO STOP YOU.

Go to a sol.

trooper68

Ok, now what they have told you is wrong, Its not 7 days to hold and sell your car its 5. They don't need a court order from the high court the BoS covers them in that you "sold" the car to them.

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR CAR. If you go to the County Court, fill in the forms, i cannot remember the form number, you can apply for a court injunction to stop the SELLING the car, this gives you time to resolve the issue. If the sell the car under a court order they are in trouble.

THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO STOP YOU.

Go to a sol.

trooper68

I have not spoken to the comany because i get too upset because they are always 1 step infront, If they have the forms from the high courts in london they CAN take your car they CAN NOT sell it within 7days of them recovering it by law, Within the 7days of them taking your car they have to come up with a final settlement fee which they have just offered my dad. And they have to put it in wrighting, Trooper68 thanks 4 the advise but have you had this done too you? Advise online is useless unless you are put in this place yourself, everyone is saying wot u can cant do but to be honest with you, If you owe a man in the street 100 pounds they can witheld anything you owe untill you have paid the amount in full. Ive been on the phone since 8 this morning spoken to everyone in every deparment possible to see if they are wrong or wight and too honest the are within there wrights unless they brake anything on my car.

Thanks z4r4l3a thats just what i was looking for i hope you manage to sort everything out. Did you check the witness signature on your bos as ive had dealings with MM before and there was only one guy in the office and therefore no independant witness to sign the bos, this is what im pinning my hopes on.

I have not spoken to the comany because i get too upset because they are always 1 step infront, If they have the forms from the high courts in london they CAN take your car they CAN NOT sell it within 7days of them recovering it by law, Within the 7days of them taking your car they have to come up with a final settlement fee which they have just offered my dad. And they have to put it in wrighting, Trooper68 thanks 4 the advise but have you had this done too you? Advise online is useless unless you are put in this place yourself, everyone is saying wot u can cant do but to be honest with you, If you owe a man in the street 100 pounds they can witheld anything you owe untill you have paid the amount in full. Ive been on the phone since 8 this morning spoken to everyone in every deparment possible to see if they are wrong or wight and too honest the are within there wrights unless they brake anything on my car.

OK, I have had this happen to my partner, The Standard time they keep hold of the car is 5 days, but, they have be known to sell the car within a few days. That is why you must act if you want to keep the car, I understand what you are going through. You need a SOL as soon asposs.

The 7 days, i suspect is for them to get the BOS at the high court.

They will lie to you to gain your car, I will not, I offer advice on what I would do in your situ.

Trooper68

Thanks z4r4l3a thats just what i was looking for i hope you manage to sort everything out. Did you check the witness signature on your bos as ive had dealings with MM before and there was only one guy in the office and therefore no independant witness to sign the bos, this is what im pinning my hopes on.

Hiya Vickie,

There was only one there doing mine too, It's your word against there's ive got all kind of numbers but your best of contacting the Jugdement courts to see if they have sealed the contract, they still have your signature to say you understood there tearms and condtions and what you was getting yourself into its harsh but the truth. If they have not they dont have a leg to stand on but if it is mobile money ive just been informed there is a high chance they do, I know theres alot of people putting diffrent things on here and there advise is good but its not correct, Contact the high courts and if they have done that the only way you can do it with out loosing out is selling the car. If you dont want to pay the £40 to the courts hpi your car and if it shows the car has finance they have done it by the book 9 times out of 10, And Please Please do contact trading standers and get them to check things over for you they was very helpful but i was just a day to late of taking the nexted step! I know how it feels scared to answer ur phone to them and stuff ive done it and the best thing i never even saw a penny of the money my god daughter passed away and my friend needed the money so i did it hoping she'd pay it back she didnt i lost my job home family over family stuff all at the same time and they set a new aggrement over phone and still did it, You have 4 weeks hoilday payment which i didnt even take and made a payment on the 18th of this month 10days ago and they took my car last night and after 24hours of tears and being on the phone im probley no closer to getting my car back, My car worth over 3000 bright pink fancey lights real head turn ect not what a normal 22 year could afford but i put everything i could in getting my car to wot i want and now its been taken away and there nothing i can do about it unless i pay 623 before 5 which no 22 year on the dole can do! Going thou trading standas ect could take upto a week so act fast! And just so you know they came to mine at 9 to take my car so please dont think its normal office hours your car is un safe because they can come whenever they like. Hope ive helped abit x

Morning Guy's,

Some genuine info for you this morning! My dad bought my car back and i now have it with me (£625), For the BoS they do not have to have anyone there but you and the person who takes the loan out for you (obtained this info from the high courts of london) You take out a loan you are ment to read all the small print before signing! They do not need a independant witness as this is themself and they will also have cctv in action which will pick up your voice and theres! Trading standers can not tell you anything about the comapny unless you put it all in wrighting, You MUST contact the high courts to sespend the overheard on your car and let them know you have started making payments and they are late and if they think you are within your rights they will suspended the court order!

Morning Guy's,

Some genuine info for you this morning! My dad bought my car back and i now have it with me (£625), For the BoS they do not have to have anyone there but you and the person who takes the loan out for you (obtained this info from the high courts of london) You take out a loan you are ment to read all the small print before signing! They do not need a independant witness as this is themself and they will also have cctv in action which will pick up your voice and theres! Trading standers can not tell you anything about the comapny unless you put it all in wrighting, You MUST contact the high courts to sespend the overheard on your car and let them know you have started making payments and they are late and if they think you are within your rights they will suspended the court order!

congrats on getting you car back. I take it the £625 was to get the account arrears cleared, please be aware that most caggers don't have that kind of money to payout, Its true it has worked out for you. I would now suggest that you look at the BoS act and read it, these guys use the act to bypass the credit act and court procedures to get there money/property back. Have a look at Nicky Bodmin posts.

TS can be helpful, but take time, your car was taken from you at night, you clocked them doing it. Most people only are aware after it has been clamped or completely removed from their places of work or where they live. I my case my partner had had hers taken when she was shopping, even though the car was reged as mobilty for my stepson. I was sold the following day at an auction not 5 or 7 days, it had taken us 4 years to get this sorted. It is to this forum I learned of the that the BoS act and the caggers that have shared their posts. I, like most people are trying to help others when they have no direction, take it or leave it.

I had a separate issue myself, I turned to this forum, and took advice and discounted others. You should too.

good luck

trooper68