Not my CCJ

pearlybabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have discovered CCJ's in my name when I applied and was refused credit.

The link is to a previous address and that of a relative,who admits the debt is theirs and should be in their name.I have previously held a credit card with the same company but have not used them for years.

Do I write to the credit company using my previous address or my present one.

Do I ask them to produce a copy of the agreement bearing my signature.

Do I give them my account number that I had with them.

I thought that when I no longer used them and chopped up my credit card that the account would lapse automatically.

Do I ask for all the details of transactions and payment from past dealings.

Any advice is welcome.

This sounds as if it can be a can of worms. :eek:

Unless your relative has the same name as you, it seems as if someone has committed fraud and either used a card in your name or used a card which was reissued to you.

For the time being I think your best course of action will be to send a SAR http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca which will cost £10, this will show what has been happening with this a/c.

Hi Pearlybabe and welcome to CAG.

Re your Q about which address, use your present address.

Can you confirm if your own, and the true debtor's, names are the same or not.

Also, is the debt on YOUR card - ie, did the relative run up a debt on your card fraudulently, or is it a separate card a/c.

You'll need to contact the court to get the CCJ Set-Aside but we need more info before we can properly advise on this. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi, Thank you for your reply.Yes our surnames and 1 initial are the same. We both had credit cards with the same company at the same address.I last used mine around 2002.My relative has admited the debt is theirs and should be in their name and says has even submitted their NS number is paying off the debt on a monthly basis.There are 2 CCJ's one is admited the other one not and got no information on that one.I don't want my relative to be acused of fraud and wondered if the credit card company are to blame and got us mixed up.Do I write to them or to MBNA the money lender whose address I do not have. Have not got a reply from the court regarding details.I rang the company that have the debt spoke to their solicitor who insisted it was me and I was making the payments, had my DOB and full name.Now has present address.I haven't got any other court information other than what is on Equifax where the CCJ's are one in 2006 the other in 2007.

Thanks

It would be wise for both you and your relative to send a SAR to the credit card company to see whether there has been a mix-up with the a/cs. With the information you get back there will be copies of statements which will show what has been occurring with these a/cs & should throw some light on things.

Obviously both a/cs will have completely different no.s, so if there has been manual intervention when one of them got into default, the mix-up may have occurred then. They may have just referred to the name & address and not cross-referenced the a/c numbers properly.