• Tweets

• OK.  It was worth a try. Their case is still pants and they have broken their own Code of Practice numerous times.
    • @BankFodder sorry for the delay and thank you for the lengthy reply. Yes, I agree. It's a small business and the guy is very very decent. I know someone else said my priority shouldn't be worrying whether he gets shafted but I'm not here to try and screw him over because I feel like if someone behaves decently and gets exploited, they might not behave so kindly in the future. I know DX mentioned he thinks I've caused the issue by leaving multiple instructions, but I have already explained why and both instructions were to leave it with a neighbour and there was nothing advising the driver to abandon the parcel on my doorstep. I don't think leaving it there could be considered a safe place.  I am still waiting on the retailer to respond. Ultimately, I wanted to know how he would proceed if DPD's response isn't favourable. I am certainly not looking to cause any problems. I just want my laptop. I will read the other posts for sure. I've been a bit preoccupied with family stuff. I have nothing in writing from DPD as I phoned them, but they did advise it should be the retailer that liaises with them. I tried contacting the driver straight after deliver via Whatsapp, as that's an option, but it said I couldn't send him a message and I have kept that log. We all know who took the parcel on our street, because that person has a history of parcel theft, but I don't have a doorbell camera or cctv. Police are refusing to intervene, despite the fact that I, along with several other people, spotted another's neighbour's parcel in said "suspect's" car and confronted her to get the parcel back. If the police had acted sooner, I might have had a better chance of getting the parcel back, but I suspect the laptop has long been sold on.  When the retailer responds, I will send him the link to this thread. Hopefully, he will benefit from the information on here as well.
    • @dx100uk none of the instructions advised them to leave the parcel on my door step and without such instructions., I'm struggling to see why they think it's ok to just dump it there.
    • I have checked. No recording was triggered by the camera - I don't have loop recording, only proximity and vibration sensor triggered recording - abs and since he took photos from afar and did not physically touch my car - no recording was done. 
    • He also useing he girlfriend to phone and mesage people as well
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

winston v lloyds tsb cc

Winston44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i have been a member and a lurker for sometime now:) and i find all the info fasinating, but i could really do with some advise please

i have a lloyds tsb cc and it was taken out in 1985.

before joining this forum i have gone through a company which deals with credit cards ~ i didn't pay a fortune but i wanted the security of using a company that knew what it was doing. so far i think they have been ok.

i first instrusted them last nov (2008) and lloyds have been cca'd and sar'd etc, but i have just recieved a letter from the company saying that i have 2 options as lloyds have given no response as yet other than to say they dont have to supply the origional signed agreement, no paperwork, agreements anything!!

option 1) carry on paying min payment and continue chasing for the sar and cca.

option 2) stop paying and force lloyds to take legal action, so that the solicters/barresters can start legal action at their end.

i have a payment plan in force with lloyds, (2nd one this yr) and pay a set fee each month, but lloyds have advised me that this will be the last one that they can set up for me and when it ends they will not set another one up:(

hubby thinks i should do option 2, but i am a coward and hate the idea of threatning phone calls and letters, and dont really want baliffs or debt collection companies turning up on my doorrstep. i have a young child

can any one advise on what normally happens when you stop making payments? or on anything else from my brief explanation

thanks in advance

Hi,

Glad to see you've stopped lurking.

It is a personal choice which way you could go (I know I would go with option 2 but I'm a beliggerent sod :D)

Chances are there is no agreement as it was taken out so long ago.

The chances of a debt collector turning up on your doorstep is slim but we have letters to assist in stopping that from happening.

If you get too many phone calls, there is a letter for that too.

You could always get a truecall as that will screen all your calls.

Bailiffs can only come to your house if the OC has a CCJ against you and only if you fail to pay the judgement.

hope that helps

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hi fox

thanks for your response, so basically what you are saying is that they CANT send baliffs to my door to demand payment of any kind UNLESS, I have actually been to court and that it has been found against me?

what happens is they send debt collectors? do they have a legal right to enter your house?

how often will the company call and send threatning letters? are they very nasty?

sorry i am being a wimp as i hate confrontations and really dont want the stress, but at the same time i would love to get this sorted sooner than later.

if you dont pay the min payment to the cards, how soon do you start getting calls and letter?

many thanks again

hi fox

thanks for your response, so basically what you are saying is that they CANT send baliffs to my door to demand payment of any kind UNLESS, I have actually been to court and that it has been found against me?

Correct!

what happens is they send debt collectors? do they have a legal right to enter your house?

None whatsoever. They don't even have the right to come up your path. If they do turn up, you can tell them to leave or you will call the police

how often will the company call and send threatning letters? are they very nasty?

If you have call screening-use it. Depends on the letter to what you do with it.

sorry i am being a wimp as i hate confrontations and really dont want the stress, but at the same time i would love to get this sorted sooner than later.

if you dont pay the min payment to the cards, how soon do you start getting calls and letter?

Doesn't take them long. I'd say within 3 months

many thanks again

Try not to speak to them on the phone and don't answer any security questions. By doing so, thay cannot continue with the call. If the did, they would be breaking the law. Do everything in writing and send every letter Recorded Delivery. By doing everything in writing, they can't lie like they would on the phone. Look out for "May","could", "Might" in their letters. Very few will say "WILL"

If you start getting harassing phone calls, send this:

Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki

If you don't want a doorstep collector to remove your doorstep, send this:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

As they haven't responded to your CCA and SAR, the account is in dispute and as such, you have no obligation to offer payment nor are they allowed to demand payment.

I would report them to the Information Commissioner re: the SAR and the OFT about the CCA. Get trading Standards involved too. Go via the consumer direct website for this.

This won't go away quickly unfortunately. To ease the amount of stress, you could offer token payments but as they have already said they won't be doing this again, I don't think this plan will work.

There is loads of peeps here who have vast experience who will help as much as they can.

Good luck

Fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE