If a bailiff has called can you still pay the court the fine?

libbyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new to this site but have spent the last two hours reading the threads on baliffs. My son was fined in court and was allowed to make payments - of which it transpires he has only paid the first one. He is not living at home but all his post comes here. Last week a bailiff arrived (Drakes) and told us he needed to speak to my son urgently - I called him on my mobile as I knew he would answer. He spoke to the bailiff who told him he had to pay £543 by debit card on the phone to himself today (son's payday). This is £200 more than the fine. Can my son actually go to the court and make a payment on the fine or will they refuse to accept this and force him to pay the bailiff?:confused:

He is staying with his (fairly new) girlfriend as this fine was because he was sitting in his car, over the limit(1st offence) and he has been given a 6 month ban aswell as this fine. He cannot get to work via public transport from here. He cannot afford £543 in one payment and I cannot pay it for him. What can he do?:rolleyes:

Guest Zooman

This is a Magistrates' Court fines and if he does not come to arrangement to pay he will get a warrant for his arrest issued. Drakes coming for money is first step next is Arrest warrant with bail. He must make some sort of payment now, if he can not he needs to present himself in front of the bench this week, you can phone your local Magistrates' Court on Monday and someone will tell you what can be done. Kids who'd have em.

Had a little run in with drakes last week over someone I work with. basically it was a £100 from last Dec, 20 had been paid and then nothing. person has pocket money of 10 per week - is in education but over 18. visit to carers house by baliff demanding 230 - I rang court and they said that as he has no means to pay then the baliff is quite capable of assessing that and should return warrant to court with no further action, and then court will issue another letter (could be an arrest warrant but unlikely as I had contacted them) asking for weekly payments. Rang drakes back and told them what court had said and was basically called a useless do gooder, baliff charmingly informed me that he was only 24 had served in the forces and always paid his debts! - but eventually agreed to return warrant and said he would be pursuing his company's costs - told him that would be ok if he could justify them in court, he then hung up on me. SO will wait now and see if he returns!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there - I have been on holiday, but thanks for your responses. My son had a call from the bailiff on his pay day and he agreed to split the payment into two, so he now has to pay the 2nd half next pay day. He was told during that conversation that his next action would have to be a warrant for my son's arrest. He only called here once on the day I mentioned above, so the cost of a letter which he says was sent out and that visit was £200. It sounds like a profession for people who think they are perfect and never mess up. My son has been foolish but he certainly isn't a criminal, he is just short of money due to all the additional costs his stupidity has brought on him!