New & Confused!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning! :D

New to the site and the prospect of claiming money back. I am the first person out of my friends and colleagues to properly start investigating the situation! Many people seem to be aware of this as a topic, but few have done anything about it - madness!

I personally only ever suffer extreme charges on overdrawn / overdraft limits at the hands of HSBC. At one point, up to £125 per month. This was much easier for them to do when they stopped declining transactions, allowing cards to continue going overdrawn.

Going over my overdraft is truly all down to me, but can I look to claim back some of the extorsionate charges?

Hi Karen

I too am fully responsible for going over my overdraft limit, however, the bank still makes payments even when there is no money in the account why?

They also have a policy of not charging more than 3 penalty payments in any accounting period, however I was charged a penalty 6 days in a row - as it crossed from one charging period to the next. I just think they like to set charging periods in order to maximise the charges.

Good luck with your claim.

Claiming £865 from Barclays.

6 years of statements already on file (never threw them out)

Preliminary letter sent 10/08/06

£420 Offer received from Laurence White on 30/08/06

Letter of rejection sent 06/09/06

LBA sent 21/09/06

MCOL Submitted 4/10/06

Acknowledged on 23/10/06 - Barclays have filed a defence 7/11/06

Case transferred to Cardiff Court and a directions hearing set for 21 December 2006

Barclays caved in on 18th December and made an offer to settle in full

Money in my account 2 days later.

Case closed

I won

Follow my thread here

Good morning! :D

New to the site and the prospect of claiming money back. I am the first person out of my friends and colleagues to properly start investigating the situation! Many people seem to be aware of this as a topic, but few have done anything about it - madness!

I personally only ever suffer extreme charges on overdrawn / overdraft limits at the hands of HSBC. At one point, up to £125 per month. This was much easier for them to do when they stopped declining transactions, allowing cards to continue going overdrawn.

Going over my overdraft is truly all down to me, but can I look to claim back some of the extorsionate charges?

Hi Karen

If you follow the Info and advice on this site you WILL get ALL your charges back:)

Start by reading the FAQ's and the step by step and spend a few days reading the forums and you will see how other have done this and what the banks ahve done in return:mad:

When you ready start your own thread in the HSBC forum and ask any other questions in there and keep us updated on how you are doing and stick to this thread.

Another good bit of advice is to open another account as HSBC may close this one:(

Good luck

Welly:)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.