My Brothers Problem Please Help

shammy36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, I'm on it - hopefully I'll get it done soon if I don't get interrupted at work:rolleyes:

Here are the instructions for completing the rest of the form:

1. Your name

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for attached witness statement

Cross out all options except I Believe

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

11. Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details.

Ell

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Shammy, affixed is the statement for Q10 of the N244. You need to enter the information where there are XXX's at the top (remove the XXX's), the info will be on the eviction notice.

When you print it off make sure the printer is set for A4 paper not Letter size.

On the letter that was sent to them last September and also their reply - write the claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner.

Do the same on the letter from the DWP stating their error, except it will be Appendix 2, and the same again on the letter you sent last week + the proof of signature and that will be Appendix 3.

No assemble as follows:

N244 signed

Statement for Q10 - signed

Appendix 1 - letter you sent in Sept and their reply

Appendix 2 - letter from DWP re their error

Appendix 3 - last week's letter + signature proof

This forms your pack for court. You will need to take a photocopy of it all before stapling each set. Take one set to the court with the £35 fee (cash) and keep the other set for you to refer to in court.

Shammys brother N244 Statement.doc

• Haha 1

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You're welcome :) - let me know what date the hearing is.

Hi Ell-enn,

Just been to the court and put the application to suspend in.

They have given the date for the hearing at 10am 31st March one and half hours before the eviction is due. I need to have my mind put at rest here , as the very surly woman at court has said that depending on on what the judge says the eviction may still go ahead !!!!!!!!:eek: This cant be right can it ???

Regards Sham

It happens quite often that the hearing is on the same day as the eviction. I'm sure it will be OK though - judge's don't tend to give possession on the same day. When the lender sees your defence I think they'll cancel the eviction ;). They may try phoning him to let him know it's cancelled, make sure he takes the call !

Hi Ell-enn ,

Your PM made me laugh !!:D

O K , managed to convince him not to offer them more than he could afford and sat with him while he made the call , and listened on speaker phone. Well , they could not have been nicer , they even told him that if he paid on time for six months he could have the arrears capitalised as long as head office approves his proposal (sounds like they have the defence !) So she said she would refer it to head office , and try and get back to him today.

Lets wait and see what happens then !!

Sham

Hi Ell-enn,

Just a quick update for you.

Rang them this morning to see if anything on the proposal my brother put to them on friday , and they said nothing yet as it had only been sent today. I think this is going to go to the wire with these people ! the only thing i have done is send off a complaint to the fos today (recorded delivery) regarding charges they have been adding to his account since its been in arrears

Regards

Sham

OK, keep us updated on what's happening :)

Don't panic, attend the hearing and put your case forward - I'm sure the judge will find in your favour.

Hi Ell-enn ,

My brother has just come back from his G P who wrote him a very good letter to hand to the judge tomorrow .

So thats all we can do for now , my brothers blood pressure is through the roof and hes been given meds to calm him down . Just one question , will i be able to go in with him tomorrow Ell-enn ?

Regards Sham

Yes, you should be able to go in with him - ring the court this afternoon and ask permission for you to accompany him due to his health - as you are his brother I can't see a problem.

Hi Ell-enn ,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :D:D:D:D What a great judge we had today ! He ripped their barester apart and told them this should never have come to court due to the circumstances , and even reduced my brothers offer of £80 per month to £50 per month and wished him all the best with his recovery and said good luck with his complaint to the fos.

Ell-enn , thank you so much for all your help we could not have done this without you , THANK YOU , THANK YOU , THANK YOU !!!! :D

Warmest regards

Sham

Brilliant - well done to your brother for being so brave, and also well done to you for supporting him so well. :)

I hope he can now relax and concentrate on getting better.