Northwood Lettings Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a landlord who has the platinium scheme with Northwood Lettings. This is a scheme wherby my rent is gaurenteed for the whole period, thereby granting peace of mind to the landlord. This worked well for the first 3 years, but for the last two I have had to phone every month for my money, being paid as late as 6 weeks in arrears. I am now being asked to renew with them for a further year, but do not wish to do so. The nub is this - he will emove his tenants - is there any way I can get round this - for example by proving his breaches of contract re payments?

I would add that according to the contract he is my tenant....has anyone manged to leave this comnpany without losing their tenants?

I am by no means an expert but are your current tenants under an obligation to live where ever the letting agency tells them? If so it would seem a bit harsh! What's to stop you approaching the current tenant and offering them a new contract directly after terminating with Northwood?

:) Captial One - Won!

:) Egg Card - Won!

:confused: Abbey National - Stayed pending Test Case Judgement

Northwood are termed my 'tenant' in the contract. I allow them to sub contract to tenants of their own, having made an agreement to accept £xxx for the full year. The contract clearly states that they will remove their tenants if I cancel with them. Just like all contracts, seems they can breach (habitually late payments), but when you want to do the same (and keep the tenants) that is not allowed!

• 3 weeks later...

As a previous tenant with northwoods I have experienced this from the other end and have found northwoods to offer a very poor service all round, to the point where although the landlord was instructing them to carry out work he was having to come around and do it himself.

Was a shame really as the landlord was a great guy and i would happily have rented from him directly. Unfortunately his agents and lost him a tenant.

Out of interest for those more in the know if northwoods are referring to themselves as a tenant and getting into arrears could you start a repossession against northwoods? Or at least cause that much hassle that they will want to break the contract ;)