• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

since friday 'last' ...argueing with parentpay and my sons college as to why his account has stopped so I cant check on how much was left in the from last term and I cant stand the thought of him getting to the food counter with nothing in his account to buy his meal with...................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this is the third time that these 'richards' have done this and yes ive contacted and been round the college...no joy and also told the owner of parent pay to get off her butt and stop using parentpay as her private cashcow and DO something............her response is............it's out of her hands and in the hands of the college.................be warned parents that these cashless catering things are nothing but problems............dont allow them into your kids schools etc vote them out

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had a call from the education dept earlier and they told my old account was up and running.............yey then went to sign in and its closed...........cant make headway into that crap parentpay site and have meailed the owner to tell her that i have re-reported her again..............i'd love to know what type of car she drives and how much mortgage 'she hasnt got left'................swear isnt the word

I'm STILL waiting for KARMA to hit those who have caused me so much damage these past twelve years or so since my late wife passed away.........ex friends who were supposed to be here who turned their backs...........my life will not last out for me before THIER karma arrives...........too much to say about these monsters and you'd never believe ALL of this could happen to one man and still is happening:mad2:

I had a run in with someone 'high' in here with my firsrt or second post BUT gave as good as i got and since then he's left it and me alone..........his passing shot was a 'whatever' and that reply is a bit lame so from then on i sort of bow with the breeze unless the breeze becomes hurricane.....BUT do not take everything laying down and try NOT to be wallked over in real or cyber life

Edited by burlyb

checking my youngest son's parent pay account 'FINALLY' after over a week of emailing and going to the college and blasting parentpay with emails blah blah blah and then it showed today that the £20.00 he had in the account at close of last day of summer term has now gone missing so I had to bung up the hole with a £20.00 note today and now my son tells me the college are only taking cash payments from now on AT THE FOOD COUNTER........grrrrrrrrr and even more bliddy grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .............wheres me gun...and as for that BIG SPIDER we had one here last year we though it was a mouse at first lol...they seem to be getting bigger year by year

ps anyone who dosnt know what parent pay is ............it's a cashless catering thing thats slowly turning into a load of crap and I emailed the founder to tell her that last week too..............it's her cash cow grrrrrrrrr one last time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

cos they hate you # 4580 lol

what made me swear and I did swear was when I came back from my docs yesterday to find a scummy chargehand had parked his car over my drive entrance so he could over see the infilling of a trench that some other morons had left open for over 8 days just for a BT Openreach cable repiar....then the hiab grab lorry driver told me to mind my mouth....yeah he was Polish...that was a red rag to a bull.................where were their poppys thats what i want to know..................there is a lot more to this but I wont divulge it....it could be the start of a novel...the chargehand reported me for racial abuse ....I wanted to report him for being a greasy uselss ignorant tosser...but i'd already made that clear to him to his face yey way to goooooooooooooooooooooooo

ME having to phone the docs to try to get an MIR scan arranged then being told that the x-ray I had the other day has picked up athritus in my spine and neck.............3 doctors had missed this THREE ....makes me want to spit nails

having to call creation financail services to chase my ppi only for them to say..................letter what letter............ok so WHO signed for my registered letter i sent to you on the 15th sept and it was signed for on the 19th sept grrrrrrrrrrrr....sent them a scanned one now via email as they promised me they would start my ppi strait away....................can you smell it too ?? smells like bull plop to me

going to the docs at 9.30 only to be told that my appt was a phone consultation and that the doctor had called me to cancell it due to her was ill...........bullshyte....and i told her so at the desk so she went through a list of doctors 'terminology used loosely' and when she said ahh haa dr ------ can see you at 10 45 I said no he's the little black guy and she said ohh dark skinned....ok dark skinned BUT he was one of the reasons for me still seeking an MIR scan you dope....five doctors I been to see these past three years about the growing lump in the middle of my ribscage and it's two smaller mates that are growing off the lower ribs to my side both sides and not one of them WILL give me the green light for the scan. I left the surgery imediatly i got in I checked my phone....no one ...NO ONE had called my moblie or home number since 6.20 last evening and that was a friend of mine from heartford town..........I have made a formal complaint to the surgery manager and she told me she is going to sort out the dope on reception and also the doctor....it really stinks now knowing this and i'm thinking that they all know more than they have told me about my lump AND that it's another bliddy worry for me now...................why cant we all be in bupa like the bankers............can think of a much more apt and simular sounding word for them

almost forgot....I'm seeing a canadian doc there this arvo at 2.20 and i'm being allowed a double session of 20 minutes woop woop

Just this minute finished trying to track three recorded delivery letters with £10.00 postal orders in 'crossed and with banks names on'....the royal mail have them still in their system...the letters date from 15th Nov up to 18th nov....................I smell a rat or two...has this happened to anyone else ? I hope it's not some new dirty deeds by iffy postmen

Having to send back the acceptance of my ppi in their SAE 2nd class 'well done RBS' and due to three of my recorded letters already gone missing i thought it best to send RBS their one back RECORDED grrrrrrrrrrr where is the quality in the UK now where's has it all gone

I just spent 10 minutes on their expensive call system only to be continually told to go online to track the letters................I just emailed them a few expletives.................I just want to know why my three tracked mail items have dropped off their system....theres a [problem] going on you can put money on that....thats my belief knowing the mail as i do......full of thieves [problem]mers and people who cant speak the lingo unless theres something in it for them...i'd cheques and or postal orders crossed or uncrossed..................hope i'm wrong but doubt i am..............hope that dont try to [problem] MY ppi's for themselves.

MY LETTERS ARE IN THE SYSTEM 1st was posted 15th nov.2nd on the 16th and 3rd on the 18th............I wont ask the post office to be honest...why break the habit

ahhhhhhhhhh bum hug....er hum bug you are NOT scrooge...............sort of on off tiopic lol....going to swear in a mo though due to the water company and their ever changing bill issues with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yep I was right............they still recon I owe them the princley sum of £32.09...but at least they have re-issued it from being £64.18 the donkeys.................BUT IT HAS BEEN PAID a bliddy month or more ago...makes me want to swear ooops :madgrin:

the monster family next door who's washer drier came on at about 5.40 am and the noise reverberates through the wall strait into my bedroom....................I think they have removed part of the jack 'party wall' to get it to slide back...need to send them a warning letter and I agree with mould ....there's plenty of the B's about and I happen to live next door to a family of them

• 2 weeks later...

we have simular class A a-holes up here and just befor xmas 2 years ago there were over 18 yobs outside my home aged between 12 and 17 'so the cops told me later' I went out after them due to one tried to pee through my letter box...I warned them as they ran up the road that there will be stasistics....it will be or them ....they came back later and threw some empty lager bottle at my home and classic car in the drive and when I called the cops and told them...the cops threatened to arrest ME for the warning i'd issued to the yobs....................DO YOUR F.......job then grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

expecting a nice cheque to arrive "ppi-RBS"............but nothing has arrived due to they sent the 'whole cheque' to wescot and wescot KEPT it all so I had a shed load of phone calls to make in order to try to get the rest of MY MONEY back from wescot after being told a load of lies from Mint...RBS on the outset...........they are all (Edit) who need to undergo a major investigation but will it happen ............NOOOOOOOOOOO due to Chamelion Cameron and co dont want any more upsets of their dirty financial apple carts............(Edit)

I would have posted this yesterday BUT am just calming down lol

Edited by ukaviator
Edited naughty words removed