SLC are threatning with CCJ-help!

WhiskeyGee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

A couple of months back I recieved a nasty letter from SLC demanding repayment of pre 1998 loans with help from this forum i established that my debt should be well and truly Statute Barred and that it was most likly a phishing letter so I ignored it.

Today I have recieved a letter stating if I do not pay within 7 days my details will be passed to Northampton Bulk Centre Court who will issue a ccj against my name. If this is a phishing letter it is a damn scary one!

What I need to know is how do I get the debt registered as being Statute barred? I've seen the letter template on this site but if I send it to SLC is that not classed as "contact" thus invalidating the conditions of stute barred? Is it better to wait fo contact from this court and submit it to them?

a really simple step by guide would be great - I am terrified that I will invalidate my only defence by making a stupid mistake at this stage.

Any advise would be great

ta.

You have to acknowledge the debt within 6 years of the last payment to set the SB clock ticking. You would have had to have made a payment or made a written admission that you owe them in order to acknowledge the debt.

After 6 years nothing can set the SB clock tickung again.

Once SB, it stays that way forever.

• 2 weeks later...