mortgage application help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

We had a mortgage appliacation turned down by RBS with 987 & 999 ratings on credit expert and top scores on Equifax.

We are now in the process of sending detail etc to the under writers as asked by RBS.

I had a very small default put on me in error which has been removed by the company who made the error.

So no default etc is now showing on any of my reports, My question is on the Application form it asks have you ever been subject to a ccj or default??

I am unsure what to put as my reports shows nothing but RBS advisor says even with it gone it still could be the reason for it been turned down??

Please help.

Hi, Kermit,

You could check the register of county court judgments if you wanted to know for certain if there are no ccjs recorded:

County Court Claims and County Court Judgments (CCJs) : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

This is what it advises:

How can I find out if a judgment is registered against me?

If you are not sure whether any judgments have been registered against you or by which court, you can search the Register.

You can do this on-line by visiting CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online or by sending a request form or a letter to the Registrar:

Registry Trust Ltd

173 - 175 Cleveland Street

London W1T 6QR

Or you can phone them on 020 7380 0133.

Also, have you checked your credit records held with all three credit reference agencies - experian, equifax and call credit? Sometimes there may be information with one cra which does not show up with the others.

BAE :)

I would state that NO you have had nothing against you, because if it has been removed then you haven't.

RBS normally don't worry about minor blips on credit reports, so I would take Blossomandebony's advice and review your credit report in case there is something you are unaware of.

Other things that may affect being accepted are:

Do you earn enough?

Do you have other debts (which will reduce how much you can borrow)?

Have you provided the correct address details for both applicants for last 3 years?

Are you both on the voters roll for all addresses given?