Queries on Moneyclaim

curli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am thrilled to find this site/forum.

I have been had by the Abbey - several hundred pounds in the last six months alone, possibly running to a couple of thousand over the last few years. The took some charges from my account but as there was no money in there they charged me another £30 for each amount they took, etc, etc - you can just guess how it goes!

I've been reading this board for about 10 days now and two days ago sent my DPA letter to the Abbey. Just checked the Royal Mail website and it was delivered yesterday, so I know they have it. From what I have read I shall expect the microfiche letter and some statements at some point, but I am prepared to go all the way with this one. I am in the process of opening another account so they won't scare me with the we're closing your account tactic.

Is there anything else I should be doing at this point?

Sharon

Nope - you've done all you can for the moment.

Well done and keep up the good work!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Has anyone else emailed Abbey to ask about progress on their DPA letter, and if so which email address did you use. I the DPA letter and cheque last week and know it was delivered (from the Royal Mail website) but just want them to confirm thay have got it. Although I have since found a couple of years of statements and so far added up over £1,200 (sone to pay off the o/d, some to have fun with!) Thanks.

If it helps ....... I sent abbey a slightly doctored version of the microfiche letter available at the "ABBEY - the microfiche arguement" which is at the top of the forum. (also see my thread, The long wait).

Abbey gave a bog standard response, which answered questions I had never asked, and made reference to letters I had never recieved.

The long and short of it is, if Abbey do send the info before the 20th May I've got what I need to proceed. If they try and delay, I can proove I sent a reminder and acted reasonably, and will escalate my complaint to the complaints commisioner.

If money is the route of all evil, I must be a Saint

Well, being impatient I thought I would ring Abbey to see if they had received my letter that the Royal Mail said had been delivered on 9 May. The £10 cheque hadn't cleared my aacount. I called 0845 600 6014 and spoke to Dawn who said she couldn’t see anything on my account. She didn't ask me any security questions to verify who I was, just the account number. :eek: She asked which statements I wanted and I said the last six years as stated in my letter. She then spoke to duplicate statement department (?):confused: who said they had received no such request but they would send duplicate statements within 10-12 working days. No mention of statements being on microfiche.:confused: Think I will give them a week and phone again. I don't think their staff know what they are doing.

It's probably not worth chasing Curli. You can proove you sent your first letter. If you want to chase it send another letter recorded.

If you read other posts on here, you will soon see that shABBEY will fob you off at every available opportunity. Phoning is only likely to get you hot under the collar when they start running you around in circles. They've got 40 days, and boy will they use them.

My 40 days, for example expires tomorrow. I will be preparing my complaint to the information commisioner tonight, and if I don't have what I need by lunch time, I'll just pop down the post office in the afternoon.

If money is the route of all evil, I must be a Saint

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have looked around, but can't seem to find where to send the first letter asking "nicely" for my money back. I have a letter from Pam Speed that is PO Box 1109 Bradford, and one from Sheena Small, at the Data Protection Team address at Abbey House.

They have also gone over the 40 day DPA deadline:mad: , so I will have to pursue that as well, although as I have at least half of my statements I am going to start asking for my money back now.

Thanks.

Use the registered London address:

Abbey National House

2 Triton Square

Regent's Place

London

NW1 3AN

Good luck.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

• 1 month later...

Hi

Hope someone can help. I have sent my two letters each giving 14 days to refund my charges plus a couple of calls and emails for good measure (unhelpful, passing the buck and wasting my time) so I am now about to start a claim. My question is, which address should I use. I have received a letter from abbey (offering me £300 - they owe me £1902) and the address is a PO BOx number, but is the best address to use the main London one at triton Square?

Thanks

Triton Square is the registered address.

;) nn

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

I am just in the process of submitting my claim though Moneyclaim and hope someone can help with a couple of queries.

I found the suggested text on this site but am unsure what date to put in for the first part that states: "I have a contract with Abbey Plc dated XXXX " I am guessing it is when I opened the account but have no idea of when this was, but probably about 14 years. Also, do I need to put the amount in the body of text or only in the boxes underneath.

Hope someone can help - thank youl.

Hello,

It was a while ago since I submitted my form, but with regards to the date I would put approximately 14 years ago.

There is a box for this text, where it says maximum of 1080 characters, or something similar.

I would fill in as many boxes as possible.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Four threads merged - please keep to one thread!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sorry about the four threads - I couldn't find my previous threads before but I know what I'm doing now:-)

I fund my very first statement so used the opening balance date on that and I managed to fit in the text with my details/amounts. I think I just panicked a bit as I've not done anything like this before - the total claim is just over £2k. Anyway, I've set the wheels in motion and I'm off on holiday for 10 days tomorrow.

How long have those who have won found that it takes from this stage for them to cough up?

Curli

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Abbey have some up with something I didn't expect!

The claim was issued on 10 August and deemed to be served on 15th. I have just received a letter from Abbey dated 15th August and, "as a gesture of goodwill, I have cancelled £880.00 of the charges. This includes £20.00 which was due to debit your account." My total claim is for just over £2k, so what happens next? Should I write to say thank you for the payment but I still want the rest or should I just ignore it and wait for the next step. They have until 29th August to respond , but does this payment affect that date. They didn't just offer me the money, they have paid it straight into my account.

The letter also gives me the usual "I am sorry you feel these charges are unlawful at Common Law and recent Consumer regulations." and "I can assure you the charges do not contravene those regulations and therefore I cannot agree to credit all of them to you account."

Help!

Should I write to say thank you for the payment but I still want the rest

That's what I would do - it's your money after all!:cool:

;) nn

• 2 weeks later...

Well, things are moving along for me now and I'm trying not to get worried.

I received a "Notice that Acknowledgment of Service has been filed" in the post today and yesterday received a letter from DLA Piper asking for details of how my sum of £1902 plus £226.72 interest has been calculated. Am I correct in thinking that I just send a copy of the spreadsheets that I sent to Abbey (twice!).

Also, this is a little complicated in that Abbey have recently refunded me £800 in charges, so should I deduct that amount from the earliest or latest charges? I am inclined to think from the earliest, but would be pleased to hear other's views.

Thanks

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks