Becky vs HSBC

rebeccalongson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I heard nothing until today, when they offered a settlement, so don't expect to get an acknowledgment from them.

Good luck with your claim! :-)

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]HSBC - Claim for £838.50[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]OFFER of £754.57 received 9/08/06 - ACCEPTED :-) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#ff0000][B]£50 Donated to the CAG - Thanks guys![/B][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]MBNA Credit Card - Claim for £464[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]06/10/06 - Account credited in FULL £464:D [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]Capital One Credit Card - Claim for £440[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]18/09/06 - Offer of £184 as goodwill gesture & increase of interest rates to 35% [/SIZE][/FONT] Currently taking landlord to court for TDS Non Compliance - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/residential-commercial-lettings/187545-tds-non-compliance-case.html"]See THIS THREAD[/URL][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

No, just the breakdown of charges is all I used.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]HSBC - Claim for £838.50[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]OFFER of £754.57 received 9/08/06 - ACCEPTED :-) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#ff0000][B]£50 Donated to the CAG - Thanks guys![/B][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]MBNA Credit Card - Claim for £464[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]06/10/06 - Account credited in FULL £464:D [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][U]Capital One Credit Card - Claim for £440[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]18/09/06 - Offer of £184 as goodwill gesture & increase of interest rates to 35% [/SIZE][/FONT] Currently taking landlord to court for TDS Non Compliance - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/residential-commercial-lettings/187545-tds-non-compliance-case.html"]See THIS THREAD[/URL][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

I've just sent off my LBA and haven't heard a peep from HSBC. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way they deal with these claims!!

28/07/06 - Prelim letter sent to HSBC for £3648

31/07/06 - Letter rec'd at HSBC

14/08/06 - LBA sent to HSBC

16/08/06 - LBA rec'd at HSBC

22/08/06 - Finally!! first reply from HSBC offering £2000

23/08/06 - Letter to HSBC declining offer, saying I want ALL my money!!

31/08/06 - MCOL filed for £4551.96, to be deemed served on 06/09/06

05/09/06 - HSBC Acknowledge claim

22/09/06 - DG Solicitors offer full amount in settlement, I accept!!

27/09/06 - Full amount paid into my acount

28/09/06 - Full amount taken out of my account!!!!!:mad:

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

29/09/06 - HSBC refuse to pay money back into my account

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

I think they 'hope' that you will forget about it or be too afraid to continue with actually claiming through the small claims court. How wrong they can be sometimes...Just hang in there and you'll get your reward. Keep referring to this site for help and advice and gain inspiration from the other members success stories!

*Steps off soap-box*

I had my letter today from HSBC offering me £600 (not the £656 that i asked for), but I am going to accept, as it is very much needed now. I am very pleased and cant believe that I actually won. Thanks everybody for the help and advice and good luck to everyone who is in the process of claiming there charges bank.

Well done - I accepted on the same basis (see my sig)

Don't forget to donate a little to the site if u can - it really help keep the site going. :-)