Re:Dublin Gal v TRITON CREDIT SERVICES

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi people, i ned some help in dealing with Triton Credit services, they are threating to take me to court, to recover debt, I have a credit card with a well known bank who i will not even mention, i have fell behind on payments I have become a single mother and nbow only work part time, I was in contact with credit services trying to make an agreement of 150 pm payment but they told me it is not good enough and they want me to pay 220p.m. As I do only wokr part time 150euro a month is the max i can pay cos i am living in a rented house. I am very upset and worried to a point that i am having sleepless nights at the thougths of being taken to court,

Is the company allowed to be so unhelpful over the phone to the point where I am upset and crying over the phone........

I am terrified of the thought of being taking to court but I dont know what else i can do.. I really thought 150 euro a month would be good enough, they are very unhelpful ... any ideas of what i could do and what would actually happen if they take me to court, any advice will be greatly accepted as I am in a very worried about this

Do not alarm yourself by those bullies. They really use nasty tactics. I also never call any debt collectors - write to them instead (so you also have proof of what you said). On the phone they are trained to cause you maximum psychological pain. You are not doing anything illegal. If 150 pm is the maximum you can afford to pay, then pay them 140 pm, as you might need some money for something you haven't accounted for. If this goes to court (very unlikely) you will never be asked to pay more than you can afford.

So here is a bit o law you may want to remind them about in your letter:

"under the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) Debt Collection Guidance on harassment, creditors are warned that it is considered unfair pressuring a debtor to pay in full or in large instalments they cannot afford."

If they continue report them to the OFT!

Also, if you haven't done this already, please send them a CCA request letter (see forums for details or ask). Until they provide you with a true and valid copy of your credit agreement they are unable to pursue your debt any further.

Check the forums, or go to the online websites of National Debtline, CCCS, etc. Your bank is probably NatWest or RBS - Triton is used (they are in the same building) as an ugly face of those companies. When they want to use questionable tactics they use Triton. However, every single time I had a letter from them I've managed to scare them off. So please do not worry. They are a barking dog chained by the law. They bark that they will do this or that, but in order to actually do those things you would have to have never offered them a monthy repayment, they would have taken you to court AND you would have failed to keep up with the court payments (of the amount you said you could afford to pay). Then only they could go further... BUT nothing as such has happened yet. You are offering them a REASONABLE amount monthly and they are just being bullies. Do not accept this. They should be the ones that cry when we call them because we know our legal rights!

It is a shame I am currently travelling and don't have internet access all the time, but I'm sure others here can help.

Also, when offering a monthly repayment is it usually only accepted if you've given them a budget sheet of income and expenditure and a list of all your creditors. Go also here: National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000

for a full information pack on how to do this, sample letters, and email support. Or go to CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity to have them do this for you for free.

If you feel you need more time, do send them a CCA request (gives you at least a couple of weeks time or forever if they can't find your agreement - it does happen!), AND you can also say that you need a couple of weeks to provide them with a financial evaluation.

Hi DG...and welcome to the CAG forums, they are being unreasonable in not accepting your offer. In any event even if it did go to court a judge would only make you pay what you could afford.. This is what the OFT say -

Section 2.6

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments, or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

Also how old is the account ? any penalty charges ?

Have you requested a copy of your agreement ? - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter - this needs to be sent to whoever owns the debt at the moment, Are Triton collecting on behalf of ? or do RBS/Natwest still own the debt ?

(moving this also from the previous forum)

...and to continue from above, if you feel that they keep writing to you and calling you, without giving you time to respond write something to them as shown below. This would also apply in the case where they send you a letter saying "you have 10 days to reply" and then send you a further letter within 7 days, before waiting for your reply!!!! Do not accept this type of pressure.

Contacting debtors frequently is an unfair practice according to the OFT Debt Collection Guidance section which states: “Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.”

hi people, i ned some help in dealing with Triton Credit services, they are threating to take me to court, to recover debt, I have a credit card with a well known bank who i will not even mention, i have fell behind on payments I have become a single mother and nbow only work part time, I was in contact with credit services trying to make an agreement of 150 pm payment but they told me it is not good enough and they want me to pay 220p.m. As I do only wokr part time 150euro a month is the max i can pay cos i am living in a rented house. I am very upset and worried to a point that i am having sleepless nights at the thougths of being taken to court,

Is the company allowed to be so unhelpful over the phone to the point where I am upset and crying over the phone........

I am terrified of the thought of being taking to court but I dont know what else i can do.. I really thought 150 euro a month would be good enough, they are very unhelpful ... any ideas of what i could do and what would actually happen if they take me to court, any advice will be greatly accepted as I am in a very worried about this

2u7t9g1.gif

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...plaintForm.DOC

debtcollectionguidance@of t.gsi.gov.uk

Stop speaking to them on the phone & refuse to answer security questions if they phone you.

Insist everything must be in writing only.

They have no legal authority to money off you..only a county court does.

They wont take you there as it will cost them money & they'd be lucky to get £1 per month.

Thats why they rely on threats & intimidation.

Tell them to sod off - they are never happy no matter what you pay them & will just bully you to pay more.

Guys thank you all for you rkind advice i will be following up on these links they you have given me. My debt on my credit card is 2165 euro which im sure is only a small amount compared to other debt I would hate to see how these kind of companys treat them people, The one i spoke to on the phone was so rude to me and told me it was all my fault that im in the suitation... How dare they think they can speak to me like that i work to supply for my young child and have always paid my house hold bills before credit cards to ensure my child was looked after, I hope the staff in that Triton sleep well at night knowing how muvch pressure they have put people under.

That member of staff i spoke to told me i didnt know how to listen to what she was saying all she did was speak over me, and after getting me into such a state she then said you will recieve futher letters about the legal action that will be taken ..... talk about being made feel like a criminal!! they have no customer skills what so ever and they should be ashamed of themselves for making people feel worried and reducing them to tears over the phone.

IM from and living Dublin yes .... :)

The reason we ask is because then the appropriate advice can be given, for instance they cannot obtain a court order against you here on the mainland, they cannot send bailiffs or any of the usual rubbish Triton comes out with. ;)

So they cant obtain a court order against me in Ireland?? and yes they have already threatened me with sending someone to my house... they are a disgrace they really are.. scaring people the way they do, its very upsetting and very worrying.... it makes me wonder how they can get away with there attuide.... the girl i spoke to was so nasty.. speaking over me and telling me i didnt know how to listen to what she was saying.... she sound take her own advice.. cos she was not one bit interested in what i had to say..

So should i just start making payments of the 150 i offered them??

Have a read through http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/205113-capquest-ccj-letter-northern.html & you'll see how restricted Triton are.

For the moment just pay what you can comfortably afford & send them a CCA request http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter and we'll see whether they can provide an enforceable agreement in any jurisdiction. ;)

Guys thank you all for you rkind advice i will be following up on these links they you have given me. My debt on my credit card is 2165 euro which im sure is only a small amount compared to other debt I would hate to see how these kind of companys treat them people, The one i spoke to on the phone was so rude to me and told me it was all my fault that im in the suitation... How dare they think they can speak to me like that i work to supply for my young child and have always paid my house hold bills before credit cards to ensure my child was looked after, I hope the staff in that Triton sleep well at night knowing how muvch pressure they have put people under.

That member of staff i spoke to told me i didnt know how to listen to what she was saying all she did was speak over me, and after getting me into such a state she then said you will recieve futher letters about the legal action that will be taken ..... talk about being made feel like a criminal!! they have no customer skills what so ever and they should be ashamed of themselves for making people feel worried and reducing them to tears over the phone.

Precisely, DUBLIN GAL. Some really disturbed people must work for those companies - with a lot of psychological problems! The only reason they do it is that it works. People that unfortunately don't know their legal rights, have no idea where to turn for help, and are not aware of these forums, end up getting pressured and pay more that they can afford to pay, ending up in even more trouble. They treat us like criminals, whereas they are behaving like criminals! Remember it is not a crime to owe money. It is how the credit industry works. Unfortunately, at times things get out of hand and we can't afford to pay as we'd like to for some period of time because of how our circumstances change... but that does not make us criminals! Also, remember how all these financial experts and institutions manage to screw up entire economies. So what if you mess up with one account of just 2000 or so?

By the way, in my experience, the more you owe them the better! It's the ones I owe around 1K that are the most nasty and one account with 10K or so they have been very nice about - go figure! It's like someone famous one said (can't remember who): if you owe a bank 100 pounds it is your problem, if you owe them thousands it is their problem!!

you are all so helpful and very kind with your advice thank you so much :):D im so happy i have found this website cos it has really opened my eyes on my rights and just how nasty this company can actually be

You give people money for every payment they secure and leave them to it. You'd be suprised how nasty people can be when they are earning money!

Seriously get the writen communications only letter off along with the do not trespass letter. Everything in writing so if they lie or bully you have proof and remember always sign over a pattern or just print a signature. You'd be suprised how easy it is to copy and paste a signature to - oh lets say a credit card agreement.