Repossession. Very scary but unavoidable. Help & advice needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many thanks to Tawnyowl for helping me to post a new thread. Sorry all, but I'm a bit on the computer illiterate side, so hope that this is the right place and thing to to for my problem.

In a weeks time my mortgage company will be able to get a warrant to evict me from my house. To be quite honest I am fairly resigned to the fact and due to a lot of things that have happened it isn't necessarily going to be the worst thing when it comes to ridding yourself of a fairly useless and controlling ex! There really is little to nothing I can do to prevent the eviction so in a vain attempt to keep my sanity I am just going to have to go with the flow as they say. It is fair to say though that I am very scared about getting back on my feet, finding somewhere for me and my children to live and affording it all on a low salary. I am really looking for any advice about remaining sane, getting the right information and keeping myself out of a never ending spiral of debt should there be a mortgage shortfall. I have found a third party, similar to CAB who are willing to act on my behalf and negotiate with the mortgage company should it be necessary. I have even found myself some temporary accomodation until I can find something more permanent, but I have spoken to my local council about private renting and I just found myself becoming more and more confused about how much they would given me towards rent. I also have pets (cats) and wonder what my chances are of finding a landlord who will accept them - has anyone had experience of that kind of thing? I could go on forever at the moment with all the thoughts running round my head, but if anyone can offer anything, even if just moral support, then I would be extremely grateful.

Hi Mrs Blackadder,going to try to break your post down a bit and try to answer a few things the best i can as i see your situation.I personally am not brilliant on computers but i can find myself round this site,probably due to the fact i came on here in a right mess and with much help from many people here, slowly i have come through it all,i think.You never know.You will find after a little time you will get as much help as you need.Right 1---I am sorry you are having a breakdown of your relationship,but you seem to be saying it isnt just money troubles that are causing this problem,as sometimes happens.You say there is little you can do to stop the eviction.Well there are some government schemes that could possibly help. I will post the details up later today,unless someone else does in the meantime.I am trying to answer your thread as i read it so please excuse me if i get things slightly off target. 2--I understand your feeling scared of getting back on your feet.but a long journey begins with a single step,and you have started the journey by coming here,as we all have.It takes some doing,so well done.3--As for somewhere to live for you and your children,something will turn up,i am sure.Whether on a low salary or not. 4-A mortgage shortfall,have a look of this it will explain a few things Debt Factsheets - Mortgage Shortfalls You have found a third party to negotiate for you similar to CAB,very good Payplan and CCCS are very helpful to.But if you find yourself needing any advice there are many people in here who are very experianced when needed. 5---You have found yourself temporary accomodation,see youve started the journey all ready.You have strength to do this,good on you. Many start their new lives this way. 6----The confusion about private renting and how much you may receive towards your housing costs try this Benefits adviser : Directgov - Do it online just try it out ,put estimated figures in if you are not sure ,it will give you some idea. 7--Pets,well some will,some wont.Personally i have had no problem.My dog is with me now,with her head resting on my foot.Took one yaer nearly but i have now got perfect accomodation.And at the moment 3 weeks,am on benefits.The landlord is great .I believe the price you pay for accomodation,there should be a end to ,no pets,no dogs,no smokers mentality.Some will disagree,but thats my view anyway.A family is a family including pets.I understand all the thoughts running round in your head,feelings,doubts,confidence shattered,but slowly things will become clearer and if you decide the way you are going is right for you,go for it.8-I hope this will help you slightly,it was a bit late when i found your thread,but will keep looking for any questions you have ,or just to help you throught this,you are not on your own now.You are amongst friends.:):) Bye for now Tawnyowl.

• Haha 2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking before of tracking down people who owe a few pounds.Well this chap seems to be making a few bob out of doing it,may his foundations move and create a tidal wave when his swimming pool is installed,and take him on a journey to xxxx:D--business is business ok,but trading on misery,get a life,your downfall will come.Some of you may recognise which DCA he owns. Boss of a debt-chasing firm Link Financial to build £20m mansion - mirror.co.uk Sorry Mrs Blackadder got carried away for a moment.

Most men are stupid :p my wife seems to think along similar lines;)who am i to disagree,shes watching me writing at the moment.:eek:My apologies to all the nice, caring and genuine men who are on here ,thankyou apology accepted;)That's if you really exist :grin:)Last time i looked i am still here,i hope.Unless im in a parrallel world.:confused: Some may think i am allready. MMM better go just letting you know i am following your thread and hoping everything comes together for you.Will take a little time but i can feel the strength building in you.Whatever happens with the justice system i am sure some are allready thinking of possibles for you that will lead to a happy ending to your your troubles.:) PG tips time.Bye for now Tawnyowl.

Edited by tawnyowl

The court order

If the judge decides that your home is to be repossessed, the court order will set a date for you to leave. If you have not left by that date, your lender or freeholder must apply to the court for a bailiff's warrant. The bailiffs will write to tell you when the eviction is to take place, and when they will come – they also have the power to remove you from your home.

Suppose Mrs Blackadder as i remember, when the repo was granted, due to the baliff being quite busy and the legal work, took about two weeks for the letter from the baliff to be hand delivered. Then 28 days to get all cattle, goods, etc removed before eviction date. Quote--- Good grief, don't you just feel better when you've had a good grumble and put the world to rights :lol: Sure does :DBye for now Tawnyowl

From breaking my suspended repossession order to the solicitors advising me on behalf of Kensington that i had done so was about 4 months.2 weeks later the solicitors applied for the eviction date.Which was set for 28 days later.The baliff then posted the details through the door,which i knew about allready having had correspondence from the solicitors.So in my case it was 28 days from the application for possession in court.Tawnyowl.

• 1 year later...
Ok. As you can see from the date of this thread, this has been threatening for a while! However, it looks like the inevitable will happen in the next few weeks and I am packing up the house as best I can. Ex has not been forthcoming with any money now for nearly 3 months, so it's time to bite the bullet and just get on with it. Frankly I can't take the stress anymore.Hi Mrs Blackadder,Tawnyowl here.Nearly two years since your thread began.Long time to have so much stress.Seems like the time is coming for a new start for you.No money from ex for 3 months,seems like he has vanished from the scene for now.Perhaps sooner or later he will resurface to help you.

What I'm really looking for here is tips, advice and help on how to get through this and how to handle the mortgage company etc. I have got somewhere to go, but do not want them hassling me there because it is with an elderly relative. I am hoping that the local community welfare people will act as a third party for me, and will make an appointment to see them asap.I suppose letters will soon start arriving from the mortgage company,solicitors,court etc.It would be nice if the local community welfare people would act as 3rd party for you or perhaps CAB or CCCS or some other service.Can only see letters arriving for you at you new addrress.

I am worried about how long I will get once they put the suspended repossession order in place. Hopefully not just a few days.Ell-enn has answered this Allways there at difficult times.

I'm also concerned because ex has made himself very scarce indeed. Mobile phone number no longer exists, so can't phone or text. No address for him, don't have any idea where he could be. No replies to emails to known email address. As a result, I suspect the mortgage company will try to make me responsible for anything that remains outstanding once they get rid of the house. Fat chance they will get anything as I'm hardly a high earner and am currently not receiving any child maintainance. We are just getting by as it is! I am sorry ex has vanished but if there is a shortfall he would surely still be liable for half.Its no use hiding from it.They have 12 years to track people down and they can soon find people when the really want to.Do you possibly have any equity in the house as Ell-enn asked.Many shortfall letters on site when that time arrives.

As I am pretty much on my own with this one (a couple of friends are helping me pack, but it's down to me to get everything into storage, clean the house and get out on time - and carry on with all the other stuff life expects you to do like look after disabled parents!) and whilst I know I just have to get on with it, it is beginning to overwhelm me.Nice that a couple of friends are helping you prepare for when the time comes to leave.As you say you have to get on with it as you seem to have now accepted the house is going.As someone said to me,its only bricks and morter.Home is wherever you are with your family.

To be honest, I don't really want to fight the repossession because I have no way of saying when finances will be available, and if the house goes then it breaks yet another tie with the errant ex. So, any general hints, tip etc will be much appreciated - especially if you have been through this yourself. Really Mrs Blackadder just letting you know i am supporting you through this difficult time and will watch this thread as your new start develops.And i hope everything works out for you.Bye for now Tawnyowl

Hi Mrs Blackadder, I will never forget my last day in my old house.I decided after finding somewhere else for my family to live i would stay and guard the place till the repossession happened.Only had my cockatiel in its cage ,my dog the memories etc.It was about midnight on the first day when the mists were rolling across the fields and the house felt so cold and empty that finally i let go and walked out with my dog and bird .Strange sight that must have been.I heard this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODojJTdVaaE which at the time slightly meant something to me,kind of how i felt about the house at that time,must have been the words,made me laugh nearly cry even, a mixture of emotions .Made me laugh since i can tell you..Found it hard letting go.I have to go down that street now.The house is a complete mess,gardens destroyed.Whos bothered.Went on Google eath at first to check it out.If anyone wants to check out their old address just tap it into google and have a look.May shock you. Miss it yes,only due to the fact i felt it was mine.But was it. Mortgaged for the next 25 years.with no real chance of paying it off. I may now only rent and perhaps not feel so secure,but i also feel free.Able to move around easily,which we may well do,who knows..I hope this post has not depressed you,your thread as it progresses brought back a few distant memories,that is all.Will follow your thread into your happier future.And as Priority one says a more peaceful place.Best wishes Tawnyowl.

Hi Mrs Blackadder, If you are moving out before the date of repossession maybe it would be advisable to have someone witness your final readings.If you are worried about electricity gas been used when you have moved,maybe give your supplier a ring explain you want a proffesional meter reading due to difficult circumstances.I am sure they will understand. I have found this guide about what to do about readings when moving.I hope it is some help Bye for now Tawnyowl. http://www.which.co.uk/switch/energy-advice/moving-house-guide

Edited by tawnyowl

Just a bit of info and a few answers about what happens after repossession .http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/repossession/ordered_to_leave/sale_by_a_mortgage_lender Some companies have teams that go in after repossession skip everything general clean up then sell.