Support Your Bailiff/high Court Enforcement Officer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As an enforcement officer I believe that we have a very important role within society .. Whilst fully supporting the need to ensure that any form of enforcement is properly regulated one must in the first instance as the question

Why do we need to have any form of enforcement ? Be it relating to debt , fines , taxes , food hygiene, behaviour etc . You can answer the question yourselves

The main thread which appears to be prevalent on many of the boards is that people who do my job are bullies with a badge .

As an experienced officer I can categorically state that in the last 10years the industry has changed substantially -- For the better

Yes we still have some rogue elements ( which industry doesn't) -- but our clients be they the courts or commerce soon identity operations which are likely to tarnish their reputation.

Consider this -- A visit by an enforcement officer is a last resort --- If you ignore previous notifications -- its your own fault -- Why should other people end up paying for your inablity to address a problem of your own making .

I am not saying that our circumstances don't change which cause us problems be it loss of job , matrimonial or health which are mainly out of our control . What I am saying is don't bury your head in the sand --- If you are ill you go to the doctor -- If you have money problems contact one of the many advice agencies ---

PS -- I also do voluntary work for a groop of Advice Agencies

Hi!

Well, apart from a quite antagonistic title to your thread, I think you have come across pretty well for your opening post. Unfortunately Bailiffs / Enforcement Officers will always be tarred with the bad brush simply because people have had - and continue to have - bad experiences with them....a bit like Social Services! And people with money problems don't want to face up to it - not because they don't want to, but just that they are scared as I am sure you can appreciate as you work with advice agencies. So when they end up with one of the 'rogue elements' of your industry knocking on their door it is no wonder you have a bad name.

Hopefully as an experienced enforcement officer you will be able to help out occasionally if someone is having difficulty with a bailiff - we do have a couple of bailiffs registered who have posted in the past and their help has been useful.

(And if you have any bank charges you want to claim back, you're in the right place ;) )

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Guest Zooman

May I ask what you are, I am thinking from you title High Court Enforcement. And if that is the case face it you are tarred with the brush of the Certified Bailiffs.

As a footer I prepared papers for a costs hearing against a High Court Enforcement officer that charged 1,700 on collecting a debt that had transferred up that was for 1,300 they settled within 2 days of be served.

Hi Collector,

Can I ask a couple of questions?

I had a creep called Paul who bought a car off me he, because I knew him I let him pay weekly, he never paid the full amout so I took him to court, he never replied so I had a CCJ against him, I then paid extra & had a bailif call on him, the bailif was crap & only managed to get £50.00 off him, then gave up, I chased them & in the end I gave up, he still owes me £280.00.

I had another creep called Lewie who I took to court & won he owes me £1,500.00 & this time I got the CCJ but havn't bothered with the bailif how do I get this money off the 2 creeps?

Regards,

Chris

I am pretty angry but I'll keep this civil as I wouldn't be so presumptious to generalise as you have...... I will only speak about my own personal experience......

Your quote "A visit by an enforcement officer is a last resort --- If you ignore previous notifications -- its your own fault -- Why should other people end up paying for your inablity to address a problem of your own making ."

My parking ticket was in dispute.........There may be a question of validity!

I received NO replies from the said Council to my plees for them to rethink their issuing of the ticket in the first place.

My plees were ignored.

I am a loan parent with 3 children and the youngest is disabled.

I am not going in to my persoanl situation but life's been very tough for a long time now, with constant visits to clinics and hospitals and together with nursing my disabled Mum too, who sadly died 2 days before my youngest daughter's first birthday........I've been on my knees more times than I care to remember and to top it all with the bank and their charges etc....spiralling my financial situation into the deepest void ever.............sometimes it's all you can do to keep your own head above water..fight for your disabled child's rights and pray that they get through whatever they're in hospital for this time.....................

Don't make judgement mate !

You walk a mile in my shoes and show me how you'd cope.

And don't bother coming back with any smart answers or suggestions what I should or shouldn't be doing.... I am now amongst friends on here, who look out for me and I value their "real" solutions and support.

Before you come on here making sweeping generalisations about people who find themselves in unfortunate financial situations...take a look around you and really think about people'es situations in life.....we're not all perfect..maybe not even you !

Freebird.....don't get me started....

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Firebird --

Sorry you took umbridge -- but I stand by my comments and observations

The issue you have is not with the Bailiff but with the person/organisation that took the action against you

As far as presumption is concerned I never presume and if you read my original post again -- I hope you will agree

PS -- I didn't sign up to be antagonistic but to try to bring a different view to the debate --

and I stand by my post, this was your generalistic quote,

"Your quote "A visit by an enforcement officer is a last resort --- If you ignore previous notifications -- its your own fault -- Why should other people end up paying for your inablity to address a problem of your own making ."

Umbridge didn't come to mind.......you making presumptions , did.......

And I wasn't aware we were all in a debate......

this is a consumer action group, where we as consumers can of course debate with each other, but usually we are giving each other some support, and or maybe advice and direction as to the best course of action to help each other out of our mis- fortunate situations.

Judgemental comments and critisim isn't only unhelpful but it's down right tactless when some of us on here are crying our for help and possibly at our most vulrernable, bearing our souls to complete strangers for their help !

Just have a bit more tact mate and your input may be welcomed if in fact you are here to offer advice and support rather than judgemental comments and general put downs.

Freebird.....not umbridged just on to ya!

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

and by the way I actually do have issues with the bailiff and the Council, but that's my business

Freebird

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

Very well put free bird:)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Let's have a look at Zooman's post again. Most of the time we don't have a problem with the Court Bailiffs. Court Bailiffs are professional and helpful beings for the most part.

No, the problem arises from Certified Bailiffs, who are private companies collecting debts which have not necessarily been enforced by a Court. These are the ones who cause problems for the most part... because they are antagonistic, bullying boors.

HOWEVER...

I do agree that Collector could have been more tactful; people don't "ignore" debt and financial problems. What happens is, their brain closes off that part of life because it's too big to cope with. That part of their head simply shuts down and refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem. This isn't a choice; it's a protective, instinctive response - there are many psychiatric studies out there of just such behaviour. So - it's not "their own fault"... and if organisations did not indulge in irresponsible lending in the first place, and then levy unlawful punitive charges against people when they couldn't pay their debts, there would not be a problem; more people would save instead of borrowing, and there would be less suicides, less debt and generally a better place to live.

• 1 month later...
As an enforcement officer I believe that we have a very important role within society .. Whilst fully supporting the need to ensure that any form of enforcement is properly regulated one must in the first instance as the question

Why do we need to have any form of enforcement ? Be it relating to debt , fines , taxes , food hygiene, behaviour etc . You can answer the question yourselves

The main thread which appears to be prevalent on many of the boards is that people who do my job are bullies with a badge .

As an experienced officer I can categorically state that in the last 10years the industry has changed substantially -- For the better

Yes we still have some rogue elements ( which industry doesn't) -- but our clients be they the courts or commerce soon identity operations which are likely to tarnish their reputation.

Consider this -- A visit by an enforcement officer is a last resort --- If you ignore previous notifications -- its your own fault -- Why should other people end up paying for your inablity to address a problem of your own making .

I am not saying that our circumstances don't change which cause us problems be it loss of job , matrimonial or health which are mainly out of our control . What I am saying is don't bury your head in the sand --- If you are ill you go to the doctor -- If you have money problems contact one of the many advice agencies ---

PS -- I also do voluntary work for a groop of Advice Agencies

Hi

I have been reading the forum for sometimes now but never bothered to register. however upon reading yours i felt the urge to reply to your post.

In many years of working with bailiffs i can conclude that the bailiffs are the **** of the earth. they have no feelings and they are the lowests of creation. please spare me with your JIgJO junk

the best way to enforce the fines debts etc is not through the bailiffs but we need a proper regulations and better fairer enforcements. bailiffs are the core cause of the UK debts.