Student loan out of the blue..

henryhill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I'm very very confused. Today I received a letter for my old student loan which I think I last paid something towards in 2003. Maybe. Anyway shortly after finishing uni the automatic payments stopped and every p45 I have received since had the 'Is he paying back a student loan ('Y' means yes)' part completley blank. So admittedly in blissful ignorance, because I never graduated I naively thought it was all written off or something. (Silly I know) EVERY p45/p60 I have had since 2003 has had that part blank.

So today i receive a letter entitled FINAL ANNUAL STATEMENT saying my 'balance was bought forward' in april 2008 with 'debit XXXX'. The it says in March 09 'balance adjusted' and 'debit a whopping 4 x XXXX' and then 'repayment recieved from HMR & C (paye) for tax year 08/09 (the amount paid was 0.00)

Then a HUGE amount of interest added.

The amount owed is more money than I could ever ever hope to have. Can anyone shed light on what is going on? It also says this is 'statement no 9' but this is the first i've received.

Please Help!

Thanks

Don't panic. You are in the right place.

I'm more into the old style student loans but what I do know about the new style loans, which I assume yours is, is that there are issues with balances being bulked out with added charges etc which you can claim back.

Have a read around the forum and then let us know what your balance is made up of.