Next Letter??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Does the below letter look okay to send in regards to my second round with the BoS, they have repaided my first claim, although neglected to pay the interest and costs as I have mentioned below...

Is this all I need to say or do I send an identical LBA as before and just subtract the amount they have paid so far?

Dear Sir/Madam,

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Thank you for your payment of £738.00 received on the 4 August 2006 in regards to my claim for Repayment of Charges from the dates of February 2003 to February 2005.

I ask you to note that you have neglected to pay the £105.64 of interest that has occurred since the date of the first charge also my costs of £39.00 totalling £144.64. I will be prepared to close this claim (Ref No. xxxxxxx) for the charges occurred between February 2003 to February 2005, after receiving full payment of the sum mentioned above within 14 days (£144.64).

The outstanding balance of the remaining charges from March 2005 to May 2006 is now £1,942.64 (not including further interest and costs if court action is required) and I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming.

I will require repayment of this money in full within 14 days, if you do not fully comply then I shall begin another claim against you for the full amount plus interest, plus my costs without further notice. In this eventuality, I would require you to lodge in court, financial vouching for the actual loss sustained in my case, together with your full financial accounts revealing how much income is generated from your bank charges, as against the cost of administering dishonoured transactions.

Yours faithfully,

BoS - £2536.00 - 1st Letter sent 20/06/06

BoS - Standard reply received 24/06/06

BoS - LBA sent 24/06/06

BoS - Reply received offering £400 6/07/06 (Refused)

BoS - Offer upped to £1,200 via telephone 7/7/06 (Refused)

BoS - Court Action Raised 10/07/06

Store Card - £87.56

1st Letter sent - 24/06/06

Reply Received with full repayment of charges! - 04/07/06

Guest BlueRuby
the £105.64 of interest that has occurred since the date of the first charge also my costs of £39.00 totalling £144.64. I will be prepared to close this claim (Ref No. xxxxxxx) for the charges occurred

I don't know enough about legalities in Scotland to advise you properly Roxanne but I would use the word accrued instead of occurred. Hope that helps a bit. :)