Advice Needed

needsleep1990
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oops , sorry needsleep - didn't mean to hi-jack your thread - :oops:

Hope you've got enough info to help you for the moment ........ if not just come back and ask ....... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

[/size]

So , when you complain to FSA about the Waiver , they say , thanks for telling us , - you can go to FOS with it - (who you say are for 'Hardship' cases) , - they'll say "if it's about the waiver, refer it to the FSA," and so the circle goes on ...... :-)

If I complain about the waiver, I am not looking for redress, for example, I may think that the FSA Waiver provisions are not reasonable but I haven't suffered any loss so they may or may not refer me to the FOS. If however, I believe that my refund under the provisions of the Waiver has not been looked into properly I might contact the FSA in error after all, FSA/OFT/FOS are commonly used jargon and easy to mistake one for the other. They may take this on and also refer me to the FOS for redress, ie financial loss.

Is that not reasonable? One single complaint to the FSA about a firm's behaviour may not warrant action but a continuous stream of complaints may indicate an insitutional issue or cross institutional issue needing action to be taken in regards to this. If I say you said I am an antelope and you say I am a deer then it is my word against yours but if someone else calls me a deer when clearly I am an antelope then evidence begins to build up over time and they would take action reminding the firm that I am an antelope.(apologies but couldn't think of another analogy that wasn't bank charges related).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hee hee !

white_flag_surrender.jpg

I surrender !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

wow... i enjoyed that

well a wee note for need sleep...

i too would go straight to court.. forget the hardship.. they do not listen,, have a read of my thread and many others likewise.

goin to court protects YOUR interests. thats what your after.

The HSBC flouted all fsa guidelines with my account.. They just do not care.

Taking it to court is a wee bit scary at first.. but eh if i can do it, so can you, and you will get alot of help from here. and mabe the sleep your after!!

• Haha 1

wow... i enjoyed that

well a wee note for need sleep...

i too would go straight to court.. forget the hardship.. they do not listen,, have a read of my thread and many others likewise.

goin to court protects YOUR interests. thats what your after.

The HSBC flouted all fsa guidelines with my account.. They just do not care.

Taking it to court is a wee bit scary at first.. but eh if i can do it, so can you, and you will get alot of help from here. and mabe the sleep your after!!

Under the FSA waiver you are protected already. Going to court, well, not a fan unless the claimant is on benefits cos of fee remission.

Can you link to your thread so I can take a look, cos I know my stuff albeit HSBC are difficult ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

there you go yb - nieve's thread :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/173776-new-need-advice.html

I like that "HSBC are difficult" - :) understatement of the year LOL!

Nemo me impune lacessit

there you go yb - nieve's thread :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/173776-new-need-advice.html

I like that "HSBC are difficult" - :) understatement of the year LOL!

Lloyds are even worse ;)

EDIT: I can skim read most posts since hardship comes up blue. Have you got any post where it is mentioned cos I can find Bank charges, CCA, OFT Test case, fulll and final and nothing on hardship.