CCJ and a 6 year plus debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just to happen and checked me and my wifes credit file and I see a CCJ has been issued, this I know would be on a old address.

We have not received any paperwork or contact against this debt for over 6 years plus so my questions are......

Is this legal to issue a CCJ with no contact?

Can I get it removed?

Can I get the debt written off?

Any ideas!

Regards

you need to apply for a set aside on the basis you did not receive any paperwork and was only made aware recently because you checked you credit file:

You need to ask the court for a general application form called an N244. You should fill in the N244 to include:-

• The claim number of the case and details of the creditor or "claimant".
  • The reason for your request to set the judgment aside in PART A on the front of the form.
  • In PART B you should tick the box saying you rely on the "Evidence in PART C ".-
  • In PART C on the back of the form you need to include any evidence you have to support your case such as proof you have changed address or were out of the country. Any information you have about your possible defence should also be included.
  • Sign the "Statement of Truth" on the bottom of the form.
  • Send the form back to the court and remember to keep a copy.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Guys,

Just to happen and checked me and my wifes credit file and I see a CCJ has been issued, this I know would be on a old address.

We have not received any paperwork or contact against this debt for over 6 years plus so my questions are......

Is this legal to issue a CCJ with no contact?

Can I get it removed?

Can I get the debt written off?

Any ideas!

Regards

was the ccj applied for more than 6 years after any payments were made on the debt?

Yes it was and I think what has happened is the debt was sold on and the company whom now owns it applied for the CCJ.

I only found out after seeing the CCJ on the credit file.

Regards

was the ccj applied for more than 6 years after any payments were made on the debt?