PeteD v Natwest

thepeted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Steven and fendyweather for your thoughts and advice and also for helping to explain the interest issue here.

In principle I agree with Steven, however I know that whats important is that I begin this action and get it done! I would also rather keep things simple and at a level I can understand.

Therefore I have composed my premlim. letter and left out the bit about interest.

I presume that this is still the correct address to send the prelim letter to via recorded delivery:

NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC

135 BISHOPSGATE

LONDON

EC2M 3UR

If someone could confirm that I'll post the letter from work tomorrow and of course keep you this thread updated.

edit - thanks also scott, I do agree with you and will reserach further the interest issue and get my head round it for when I take on Cahoot in the future, but I really want to get the ball moving right away with Natwest.

Natwest: Claimed back £635

Cahoot: Next!

hi again

im about to start another claim against nat west the claim dates from June 2000 to Feb 2001

claim £3378

claim + 8% £5114

claim + CI £20,134

is it still not worth waiting a few days...............................................................

Scott

i do respect your decision either way

My point is look at it if u cant work the spreadsheet find someone who can as u can claim alot more dosh..

Scott

Are you claiming back the interest they charged you or are you claiming CI on teh charges as if they had borrowed the money from you at, say, the unauthorised overdraft rate?

Steven

Michael thanks for the correct address. Scott thanks for the figures - that does illustrate that this is definately worth considering. My main issue is that I want to be sure I understand everything thats going on myself so I'm confident in what I'm doing.

If I get time over the next couple of days I may give it a go. Its great so many such as yourself are here to help out.

claim £3378

claim + 8% £5114

claim + CI £20,134

I think you should claim + CI and + 8%. That is claim your charges and the interest they put on top of the charges. When it goes to court add 8% on top.

Steven

I think you should claim + CI and + 8%. That is claim your charges and the interest they put on top of the charges. When it goes to court add 8% on top.

Steven

Steve youve lost me !!!!!!!!

as far as i know (im 99% sure u cant claim CI + 8%)

u can claim all charges

if it goes to legal stage u can add 8% on top of claim............

Or u can start your claim with CI But u cant also claim the 8% on top of CI

Apologies if im wrong

Could someone confirm this as if u advise someone that they could claim that way u need to be 100% sure

Scott

This was the reasoning behind my question to you in post 12. If you are charging them interest as if you were lending them money, then I think I agree.

However, if you are claiming back the interest they charged you on the charges (as overdraft interest on the proportion of your overdraft composed of charges) then that interest is an integral part of the money you have been unlawfully deprived of, and should form part of your claim. The rate you use is the contractual rate they used.

Once you submit a court claim you can put 8% on your total INCLUDING the interest you have claimed back.

I hope this clarifies.

Steven

Scott

Are you claiming back the interest they charged you or are you claiming CI on teh charges as if they had borrowed the money from you at, say, the unauthorised overdraft rate?

Steven

Hi Steve

im claiming at the unauthorised overdraft rate of 29.5% CI

Scott

Scott

In that case, you are right not to add the 8%. In our claim against NatWest we claimed back only the interest they charged us. Then we added 8% onto that which is different (and legitimate).

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, the 14 days are up and all I've heard from Natwest is an acknoweldgement letter from Mr Higley and my claim is being investigated. So, I'm off to send my LBA recorded delivery tomorrow.

Presumably I should amend the template to say that I am disappointed that they haven't responded 'positively' rather than not at all?

• 1 month later...

In which case, I do believe

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

are in order!

Well done mate - another fine win. Enjoy every penny!

Best wishes, hedgey xxx :D

Won your claim? Please complete the bank charges survey:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/survey.php

Every little helps!:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.