Greetings....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody,

I have been reading this site for a while now and have decided it's time to get proactive!

I've had numerous problems with my accounts since I have been living abroad and have had huge troubles trying to resolve them.

First of all, Orange made a 'human error' on request to disconnect my account. They failed to cancel my direct debit and charged me 4 months line rental before I discovered. (I had no need to check my bank or so I thought as all DD had been canceled). This led to my Halifax bank going into debt and charges being incurred. I informed Orange of this and they offered to refund the money, all I had to do was copies of my statements.

I requested these from Halifax via Email, and via phone calls on MANY occasions. Always being told that they are in the post and on there way 'thank you sir'. I have spent a large amount of money on overseas calls but unfortunately do not have any records of these, however I remember hearing at the beginning of each phone call a recorded message stating 'calls will be recorded....'

I am wondering how best to go about my claim.

I realise Orange are liable and have offered to pay for the first 7 charges incurred due to their 'human error'.

I also have recently come to believe (after reading this site) that Halifax should refund the money and interest on it, as the charges are unlawful.

Since these charges occured nearly 2 years ago now, I have had great trouble trying to keep up with my credit card payments, and have incurred many charges from Halifax and from my Credit Card companies.

Any advice as to where to start this claim/ these claims would be greatly appreciated.

As I have mentioned I have had a great deal of trouble attempting to just get statements of my accounts from Halifax, never mind a refund of charges.

Thanks in advance,

Julian Darius Rutherford.

Since I am living abroad, how does that affect my claim? I understand that I may end up in court by starting this legal battle, and from what I've read Halifax *usually* give in just before the court summons.

If I end up in court, will they pay for my return fight?!

And are there any other considerations to take into account with a claim from overseas?

Thanks in advance,

Julian Darius Rutherford

If you get to court you can claim back all costs ie £10 data protection fee £120 court fee etc. I cant see why your flight tickets should not be any different as if the bank had not made these unlawful charges then you would not have to fly back to sort it out.

The link below is in the HSBC forum, However, the process and the letters are the same so go get em

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

HI tinkerbelle

This is MCoffey just saying hi and do you know anyone who has claimed off of HSBC.

Thanks for the welcome email

In your first post you said the Halifax bank now you are saying HSBC, is it both ir just the one?

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Tinkerbell,

Thanks for the email address, much appreciated.

Should I use this address just for a general requests and inforamation,

or to 'start the claim ball rolling'?

Also I (Joolz threadstarter) am claiming of Halifax,

no idea about MCoffey.

I am also claiming of Orange and potentially Egg too, though I've heard no success stories from Egg customers and they owe me the least by a long way.

More details are given in my original post.

Thanks once again.

JustJoolz (choosing to be informal !)

Hi Tinkerbell,

Thanks for the email address, much appreciated.

Should I use this address just for a general requests and inforamation,

or to 'start the claim ball rolling'?

Hi Joolz,

I would suggest that you start a thread for each of the organisations. You will find these on the main BAG Site.

With regards to the email link, I suggested you wrote to her as you said that you were having problems receiving data from Halifax.

Unless of course you are now requesting a full DPA of 6 years worth of statements. If this is the case, then don't bother to email her. Have you sent a formal DPA request including £10 fee to the Halifax? If not, then you may want to start with that as a way of starting hte ball rolling on your claim.

There is a huge list of Contact Address at the top of the Halifax Forum. It seems that Trinity Road in Halifax is the one to use.

Good Luck!

Hi Tinkerbell,

I think I will just go straight for the full 6 year DPA request. I've had enough of wasting time and money asking politely.

I am currently living in South Korea but am moving back to Thailand at the end of this month, I think I will wait until I am settled to start my claim.

Thanks for the encouragement.

JustJoolz