Rios897 -V- HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

starting the long but worthwhile process of reclaiming bank charges against HBOS. Just before I do, I just want to clear up a point that could make me look fairly stupid!!!

The collections and charges letters come from Trinity Road, Halifax (Halifax HQ), but the Head Office of BOS is The Mound, Edinburgh. Bearing this in mind:

1) Does it matter which I write to (and serve action to accordingly if it comes to that....which it probably will!)?

2) are there any differences if I have to deal with their Edinburgh office due to Scot's Law?

Im 99% sure of what I should do, but just want to make sure of the above as I dont want to mess it up at the first stage!

Thanks for your help,

Rios897

Write to the head office.

Are you in England or Scotland? - Meaning, where will you be suing them?

If you sue them in England then you will benefit from the higher Small Claims limits of E/W

hey BankFodder, thanks for the quick response.

Now living in England at the moment, so will be filing in England down the line.

Was going to write to Edinburgh office as it was a BOS account to start with, even though Halifax have been dealing with the collections/charge notifications on the Overdraft.

Prelim Letter in the post today, didnt bother with an SAR as I thankfully have all my statements and dont want to delay the process further......

So they have until the 24th to reply, will keep you updated!