style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought a bed frame and mattress from dreams end of December last year. Had an absolute nightmare getting them delivered, but eventually they did deliver, having to ship the bed frame over from belfast. My problem is we paid and deposit and were accepted to pay off the remainder over 12 months interest free. To date, no payments have ever been taken from my bank account, even though they were due to start 1 month after delivery. Have tried contacting them several times and been told, we will look into it and call you back. But of course they never do. Am concerned 1 day we will get a demand letter a couple of years down the line from a debt collection agency or something. I suspect they have lost the credit agreement and therefore have no way of claiming the money. What should I do?

I suspect they have lost the credit agreement and therefore have no way of claiming the money. What should I do?

I don't think that is the case here as the agreement is covered by the cca 2006, which they don't need a signed cca to attempt enforcement in court.

I suspect their billing dept is just incompetant. Can you not make a payment over the phone/online etc for the months not taken?

Edited by Nagasis

Have called them a few times trying to sort it out. At first they can't find my details, then eventually say we will call you back. Never hear from them again, until the next time I phone them. Will give them another call tomorrow.

You may want to call the finance company, you should find their number on your copy of the finance paper work. They will be able to check and see if you are on their database and let you know the status of the aggrement. It may turn out you are on a BNPL (buy now pay later) or a fixed 12 months it may be the case it could be pending and awaiting activation. I have had too call a retailer helpdesk to be told many a time the error is down to there data entry team...Arrggghhh! I work in the furniture biz and have been a showroom manager for over 6 years and have delt with s**tloads of stuff like this.

Hope this helps you out.

Called "Nightmares" yesterday and they have told me finance was applied for and approved, but that they forgot to return the paperwork to Barclays (they providing the finance) Are dealing with it ( does'nt install a lot of confidence in me) and next I hear will be from barclays to set up direct debit and payment date. The 12 months interest free will not start until we make the first payment.