• Tweets

• why waste money on scammers? all you need in law is to prove something was sent. use a 2nd class stamp and get free proof of posting from any po counter. dx  
    • Tracked is NOT necessary. 1st or 2nd class will suffice. Just make sure you obtain free proof of posting and KEEP IT SOMEWHERE SAFE...
    • I've given it a try, I expect alot of work required so will give my eyes and brain a rest as I'm getting word blind.. and I'll come back later following your initial bashings Thanks IN THE ******** County Court Claim No. [***] BETWEEN: LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L CLAIMANT AND [***] DEFENDANT ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF [***] _________________________ ________ I, [***], being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;   I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim.   1. 1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much-reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimants witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card agreement between the Defendant and Bank of Scotland plc. Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that the Defendant has had contractual agreements with Bank of Scotland plc in the past, the Defendant is unaware as to what alleged debt the Claimant refers. The Defendant has not entered any contract with the Claimant. 3. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. 4. The Claimant claims a Notice of Assignment was served on the 22/02/2022. This is denied. 5. The Claimant claims a Default Notice was served on the defendant. This is denied. 6. The Claimant is put to strict proof to verify and confirm that the exhibit *** is a true copy of the agreement and are the true Terms and Conditions as issued at the time of inception of the online application and execution of the agreement. 7. The Claimant further claims that the documents are sufficient to pursue a Judgement and are therefore copies of original documents in their possession. 8. Point 3 is noted and denied. The Claimant pleads that a default notice has been served upon the defendant as evidenced by Exhibit [***]. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 9. Point 5 is noted and disputed. 10. Point 6 is noted and disputed. The Defendant cannot recall ever having received the notice of assignment as evidenced in the exhibit marked *** The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 11. Point 11 is noted and disputed. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. 12. Point 12 is noted, the Defendant doesn’t recall receiving contact where documentation is provided as per the Claimants obligations under CCA. In addition, the Claimant pleads letters were sent on dates given, yet those are not the letters evidenced in their exhibits *** (dates are wrong) 13. Point 13 is noted and denied. Claimant is put to strict proof to prove allegations. 14. The Claimant did not provide a true copy of the CCA in response to the Defendants request of 21/12/2022. Conclusion 15. Without the Claimant providing a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA, the Claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt. 16. The Claimant has been unjustly enriched at the expense of the Defendant by purchasing bulk debt at a greatly reduced cost and subrogating for the original creditor in trying to recuperate the full amount of the original debt 17. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter into settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter into such negotiations with the Claimant. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant by way of a Section 78 request. The Claimant failed to comply. I can only assume as this was due to the Claimant not having any enforceable documentation and issuing a claim in hope of an undefended default judgment. Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _____________________
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Court Action Started Against CRA and Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:D After having a ruling from the information commisioners office and then sending a letter before action to Lowell and Equifax without reply i have now just issued a CCJ request for costs incurred and also for an order of compensation for damages to my credit file.

I will also be posting a useful telephone number for the PA to the cheif exec of Equifax as they inadvertantly gave me the number early. Shame she didnt answer as i have issues the summons now.

I have asked for an order to remove all disputed information lol

As this is getting heavy I have now paid for solicitors to reduce stress lol!, they also have looked at numerous credit card ageement lol - 5 credit cards and 1 bank loan - None comply and all are uneforceable lol. Will post reasons later for each and maybe if you hold one u should check lol.

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update the item is classed asserved from the 7/06/09. the court summons has now been sent, they have till 21st to resolve the matter,

Equifax were made aware that the LBA time expired on day of issue, they were given the county court claim number, i am presenting the ICO report as part of the claim which clearly states that Lowell have no record of the account yet registered two defaults maintaining these were accurate (two for the same account) The ICO considers this to be a breach of the Act. Not posting court info on here yet but both parties are cited as defendants let them sort it with 500 costs lol

SBFIDO

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

Will also request when we go to court for an order placed on CRA to stop processing disputed data until legal complaiance is asserted (i have 6 disputed accounts) awwwwww

SBFIDO

:D Equifax have filed acknowledgement of service 28 days to explain themselves. :D

Lowell not responded yet lol

If they dont anyone know any good baliffs when i issue judgement. lol

SBFIDO

Well still no update, got details of the legal advisor for equifax today gonna enjoy the fun, i think they haven't read information commisoners report, silly people.

Think the judge will find it quick, had enough of playing around now though so appointed legal action on six breach of cca.

Costing me 1100 in legal bill - but will be writing off 20000, so good investment

Made my day when they said they will claim costs back lol, so even better.:D

AQUA Breach of CCA

Barclaycard Breach

Vanquis Breach

MBNA - Breach

Capital One Breach

Black Horse unsecured Loan Breach

______________ So i notified Equifax of Breaches asking them not to process and provided with solictors details and offered copy of report ________ Still processing it lol - Judge gonna love it!

SBFIDO

• 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to report that I have now requested Judgement against Lowell. I also recieved a letter stating that i wrote to them prior to the conclusion being received from the ICO. What a shame they wrote to me on the 30/04/09. Sent them letter on 12/05/09 ICO wrote on 20/05/09.

Summons served on 09/06/09

Judment Requested 23/06/09

Does anyone want to become a certified baliff and go collect a few PC from Lowells office lol. I believe the scrap value of £50 per PC is about the Limit with a £250 fee and collection charges lol.

thats in excess of 15 computers lol - I also wonder if it is worth sending it to REDDIE collections and Hampbums legal lol - Now i have judgement should i consider bankcruptcy proceedings against them. Oh the options are endless.

If anyone know who there main bankers are happy to email the public info as will affect there credit rating lol.

As you can tell i am enjoying them squirming compensation claim next. That was for my costs answering them.

SBFIDO

Send them an SD :D

A what:p

SBFIDO

Judgment was issued at Northampton County Court 23rd June 2009

They have a CCJ now lol.

I hadto phone to gloat and wonder if i should phone them 10 times a day demanding payment lol.

Whats the best way to go for SD then someoe give us a clue more than happy too!

SBFIDO

I intend to pursue this matter and now applying for compensation. The amount owed was for my costs pursuing the matter i am more than happy to chase them for more if they wanna play.

I have also notified the ICO of the letter they sent saying that the information i got from the ICO was not the way they wrote it and that i still need to pay. mmmmm sad that as the matter has just opened the case and that the ICO will ensure they remove the information about me if needed. I had a really helpful chat with them (for once).

This will no doubt generate further evidence for court as well so i get a win / win situation lol.

They can apply to set aside but will fight it also.

Finally the agreement doesn't have my name on it - So i hope they ready for the fun, 5 years of a default that was unlawful - how much compo is that worth.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I do hope equifax and experian are also prepared i have contacted my house insurance as have legal protection and feel this is a personal legal dispute, i also have a director policy too and as a member of a large institute that provide legal support. one or the other will no doubt assist with legal costs and challeneges.

Watch this space i will update as much as possible.

:):):):):):)

SBFIDO

• 1 month later...

Have defense from CRA Equifax.

They ask for a strike out on the grouds that myclaim against them in respect of breaches of data protection act is not enforcable as they are Only Data Processes. (they are registered as data controllers)

Further more that i should have raised the issues with the ICO and they stated i didn't - Opps they didn't read the emails i sent them including the ruling of the ICO.

They also claimed i should have taken the person providing th information - opps they are the second defendant. the claim is against both parties.

Further more the other default they publish was removed after court action.

Think the solicitor needs to do her homework.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SBFIDO

A reputable company like them wouldn't try to deceive would they? ;)

They think they have a statatory right - however the law is there for us all, and as my MP has now ask the ICO if they treat all data controllers the same - i am sure the CRA's are going to be in for a little ride. this is not about £500 costs its about my rights to be protected from private limited companies avoiding thier legal obligation and hiding behind facticious information that is not in legilsaton.;

hope they complied with the 8 principles. As they registered they would,

Information is accurate ????????????????? mmmmmm may be not looking forward to court in Rotherham.

SBFIDO

I have just got off phone with information commisoners office -

EQUIFAX are joint data controllers and they therefore must comply with the principles of the data protection act.

They are confirming this in writing to me, there statement that they are data processes jointly with the providers.

It would appear that MP's have earned my respect on this occasions :lol:

SBFIDO

Ive Not Enjoyed A Thread In Months

Sbfido, You Are A Credit And Inspiration And Take My Hat, If I Had One, Off To You

Still Cant Stop Laughing

Will post court details to be held in Rotherham in the very near future

Planned 3 hours - i only need 20 mins lol - can't wait to see the face of the soicitor l

SBFIDO

Can I book a ticket?

GK

will post date on here lol

SBFIDO

Have Lowells settled the CCJ yet? Or applied to have it set aside?

No they haven't settled it

and no they haven't applied for it to be set aside, hwoever can't see them doing this as the ICO investigation concluded they acted unlawfully.

SBFIDO

BUMP

Caggers -

As you may be aware my legal dispute in relation to the relationships with third parties and CRA's has resulted in a formal complaint against the ICO for the two tier standards.

This investigation has concluded and i can now inform you that the ICO consider CRA as JOINT DATA CONTROLLERS!!!!!!!!!

THE DPA STATES IN SECTION 4(4) THAT IT SHALL BE THE DUTY OF THE DATA CONTROLLER TO COMPLY WITH THE DATA POTECTION PRINCIPLES. (I HAVE THIS IN FORMAL LETTER FROM ICO)

THEREFORE THE CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES AND THE SUPPLIERS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE PRINCIPLES.

A LITTLE LATER IN THE LETTER IT THEN GOES ON TO STATE: WHEN AN INDIVIDUAL DOES SUPPLY THE CRA WITH CLEAR EVIDENCE OF INACCURATE INFORMATION THEN WE WOULD NOT EXPECT THEM TO WAIT FOR THE ORGANISATION BEFORE ACTING UPON THE REQUEST. IT IS CLEAR THE CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCY SHOULD INFORM THE PROVIDER OF THE ACTION THEY HAVE TAKEN.

I WILL BE UPLOADING THIS INFORMATION ONCE I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS WITH THE SITE TEAM. THIS HAS SERIOUS IMPLICATIONS FOR CRA'S AND ALSO FOR THE COURT CASE I HAVE ONGOING WITH EQUIFAX. THERE ENTIRE DEFENSE HAS JUST MELTED.

WE ARE ONLY DATA SUPPLIERS

THE CLAIMANT COULD HAVE RAISED A COMPLAINT WITH THE ICO

OPPPSSSSSS WELL LOOKS LIKE I DID AND GLAD OF IT TOO.

SBFIDO

More than that though, it may make the CRA realize that they are not an extension of the banks (even though most of them have links with them) and the law is there for everyone to obey. Not to pick just the bits they can use to cover themselves!

Well there defense is now gonna cause them a few problems lol.

In summary - the defendant role is merely as a processor of information supplied by the data suppliers.

The defendant has no means of verifying the data.

the defendant therefore has no authority to amend the information.

The ICO consider them as Joint data controllers, that must verfy the information when disputed and when the data subject provides evidence must take action.

As a joint data controller what more authority do they require.

Should i publish this in the press

SBFIDO

Asked Lowell for chair persons name today so that i can start getting him struck off as a director.

Experian still claim they have no authority to amend data so maybe they should get advise from the ICO. (as joint data controllers they are required to comply with the proncipals of the data protection act)

SBFIDO

hehehehehe bet he aint smiling later

SBFIDO

• 2 weeks later...

send experian a copy of the letter stating they have no file they would then have to act on that information

• Haha 1

SBFIDO

UPDATE COURT DATE SET

2.5 Hours

CRA and Lowell - Lowell have not submitted defense.

CRA state 4 reason why claim should be struck out.

1. The defendants role is merely a processor of information - OPPS - ICO STATES in formal letter - They are joint Data Controllers.

2. The defendant has no mean or requirement to amend or delete - OPPS - ICO letter states that if claimant submitted information they should act.

3. They have no authority - I agree - I haven't given them permission to process and they are the data controller so they have authority to remove it.

4. Unable to delete - Well need i say more. LOL

OK they further claim - In rspect of accoun A that they were informed on 10th of special date that the data was correct, thre own letter makes alternative statement. OPPS admin error.

They also stated that the claimant me should have followed other legal routes and this is the funniset bit " The claimant should have directed his complaint to the FOS / ICO and the claimant has not made any complaint.

So the court case in relation to case 1 that i won - Does that not count and judgement was received on 11 of special month.

1 day after equifax remove my notice of correction that had the court numbr on.

The ICO letters sent to Equifax when i raised the dispute - Yet they claim i did not follow any other route - Thats the other two accounts lol

I have all he letters for the judge. I am starting to feel they are not aware of what they are doing and this claim could set an example for them :D

Nearly forgot to add in the defense pack thy have submitted notes as there evidence - this also states clearly the ICO ref number i sent when i disputed the data - hahahahahaha - The Judge has got to agree they are foolish.

• Haha 1

SBFIDO

Hope you win mate :) Just want to share what the ICO state in an assessment they carried out in relation to incorrect information on a Experian Credit File. And bare in mind this information was incorrect for 10 months and had an adverse effect imo.

So What Im gonna do is use Equifax 4 reasons for the case to be struck out and insert the ICO opinions regarding Experian :

1. The defendants role is merely a processor of information

2. The defendant has no mean or requirement to amend or delete

3. They have no authority

4. Unable to delete

With regard to the fourth principle, the credit reference agencies store information that is sent to them by organisations who subscribe to their services. As such they do not 'own' the data and are unable to amend or remove data without instruction from the comapny who has recorded it.

They are joint data controller with the organisation and therefore need to take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information. Because the information is supplied by them by the organisation. we accept Experian are taking reasonable steps by writing to the organisation on the consumer's behalf to ammending or removal of the data then Experian can then carry out any necessary changes. During this process, it is necessary to show that a challenge has been made to the accuracy of the information and by placing a notice of dispute against the particular entry.

The above also refered to the first principle as well as the fourth.

I would'nt be surprised they defend themselves with some sort of correspondence between themselves and the ICO.

They will be a tough nut to crack imo, but good luck.

Cheers Spark1

Yes I am aware of this statement from the information commisoners office and so raised a formal complaint against the ICO for not regulating the act independantly, tis resulted in another formal response that places the duty on the CRA when information is provided to them. Such as court case and also ICO report. Sadly for them this was provided as idnetified in thier own defense thus they have a duty to remove the data and notify the supplier of thier actions lol. I also have a letter from the ICO with that information in it.:-D I also have several MP's ready to jump on the ICO and the matter has recently been raised in Parliment. I love it

Thus the reason Equifax and Lowell were summon'd together. They can fight amongst themselves

SBFIDO

Who did you raise a complaint with against the ICO, because thats what I need to do aswell.

I asked the information commisoner office to provide me with a written explanation to wy the principles of the data protection act do not apply to credit reference agencies - thes eprivate limited companies appear to fail regularly to deal with issues claiming they cant

I invited my MP in Sheffield (NICK CLEGG) and MP rotherham to write to them also - they did the response came within 3 weeks and amazingly so did all the other outstanding matters.

Will post it all on here after court case -

SBFIDO

I going to write to the ICO and ask them to re-examine my complaint against Experian, especailly when it was obvious the information was incorrect.

Contact your MP - They dying to get a dig in re financial servcoes ect, ask them to complain for you you get a faster response too. 3 weeks compared to 18 months.

Also state that as a goverment agency this could be a breach of your human rights to live free from harrasment and if the ICO are allowing special favours to CRA it would also be discrimnatory. (MMMMMMM)

SBFIDO

If anyone knows how to write draft orders

I would like

The court to order how many complaints they have has in relation to the concerns I have raised and details of how they have safeguarding the public when using these companies.

For them to stop processing disputed data

For compensation

And to attach additional information including contracts and the indemnity provided by the data supplier.

SBFIDO