CSL Sofas Problem, help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I need help, I'm not getting anywhere with CSL or Trading Standards

Forgive me, I'm writing this in rage and the time line might not be that accurate.

I bought 2 sofas from CSL on 15 November 08, they were delivered 7th December 08 by the beginning of January 09 the cushions were half as firm as when they were delivered and one of the bases was showing signs of sagging on one side.

I reported this to them and they sent out a "Technician" who saw the cushions and thought they were fibre filled they were that soft when in fact they are foam filled cushions, thats how soft they had become. He reported that the cushions would need to be replaced and then CSL said we would have to wait 6-8 weeks for new cushions to arrive.

By the time the replacement cushions had arrived the sofas looked terrible and were terribly uncomfortable. When the new cushions were installed, I said they were no better than the original ones were when I complained originally. I was asked to wait and see, well I wasn't given a choice.

A few weeks later I contacted them again, and they sent the "Technician" out, again, and he ordered 4 more cushions again.

Here we are in May, 2 weeks ago, the "Technician" arrived with 4 new cushions, installed them in the sofa that was the worst of the 2 and could clearly see that there was something wrong, not just with the cushions, but with the base. These cushions were thicker and firmer than any of the previous ones but they were still slumped down on one side. He sat on the sofa, and changed sides repeatedly, it was obvious that one side was sitting a good 6 inches lower than the other. He took photos of the sofa and took a bunch while sitting on the cushions showing clearly how little support the sofa was giving. He said it wasn't worth installing the other 2 cushions as there was clearly a fault, he just wasn't sure what it is.

Now CSL are saying that they aren't happy with his report, that it or the photos don't tell them anything and that they have to send another different "technician" to come, examine the sofas and give them yet another report before they can make any decisions as what to do next.

In my opinion he will just be a yes man who will tell them what they want to hear so they wont have to take any further action.

For the last 3 weeks I have been asking them to take the sofas away, cancel the credit agreement and give me a refund, I have no faith in the product or the company and don't want anything more to do with them. They are being evasive, promising to call back and not doing so, and having spoke to at least 3 different people, contradicting themselves in each phone call.

I contacted consumer direct, they pretty much said CSL can do what they want and I have no chance of a refund. The only advice they could offer is that I should write a letter to CSL, explaining the situation (again) and asking for a refund or a resolution.

This isn't going to help me, they know what's going on repeating it isn't going to solve anything and ultimately consumer law is allowing them to do what they want.

Now my mother and I both suffer from back problems and they have been aggravated by the furniture. I didn't take the purchase of these sofas lightly, I had been round all of the different retailers trying out furniture and when I found these sofas in CSL the sofas in the show room were so comfortable and supportive and after 45 minutes of sitting on them we had made the decision that they suited our needs.

After 6 months of discomfort and pratting around I just want this over.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You could also try speacking to the finance company that CSL arranged your finance with, in my experiance they may freeze the account due to the dispute and also withdraw the payment that they have made too CSL. Look in the terms and conditions for unsatisfactory goods and services. Trading standards should be more helpful and point you in the right direction and help you get an independent inspection done also. I am also pretty sure there is an independent furniture company out there who can also step in, I can't remember their name at the moment but I will get it when i am at work later today. Don't worry I am a manager within this industry. I will post this company details when I get back tonight.;)

• 1 year later...

HERE IT IS ,iAM A FURNITURE EXPERT WITH ALL THE CERTIFICATES UNDER THE SUN AND i EVEN PUT AN ADVERT IN THE Newspaper offering my expertise to the public to avoid such problems and I got one phone call.

The problem we have , is that we have decimated the furniture industry because it was expensive.

Those, old enough, must remember the British Kite Mark of quality that used to stamped on the bottom of furniture assuring quality and fit for purpose.

But this was remove and cheap inports were encouraged,this resulted in no quality control or fit for purpose, the furniture itself is detrimental to world ecology ,ie its not from susstainable resources, thus not green.

The producers are poorly paid, the consumer at home here still pay the equivalent ,as though they are manufactured here in GB, AND THE ONLY LAUGHIN BOY IS THE MIDDLE MAN.

Now we come to the prescription for these poorly manufacture items.

THE CONSUMER CONPLAINTS TO INSURANCE COMPANIES, THAT INFACT SELL FURNITURE RESTORATION FRANCHISES SUCH AS FURNITURE PRO AND FURNITURE MEDIC, AND THEN THEY EMPLOY THEM AS FURNITURE EXPERT WHO HAVE ATTENDED A 6 WEEK RESIDENTIAL COURSE TO COME AND EXAMINE YOUR £30000 SUITE

FUNNY OLD WORLD, GET AN INDEPENDENT EXPERT AS MYSELF AND CHECK THEIR CREDENTIALS. IE QUALIFICATIONS.

CHECK OUT diamondrestorationco.uk