Parking without displaying a valid season ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The other day I had parked in my local station car park. I am a season ticket holder and pay by monthly direct debit. Every month I recieve a new parking permit. The other day I recieved the attatched notice fixed to my windscreen. The PCN states that I am in controvention of not displaying a valid parking permit.

The permit displayed had expired on the previous day. I had not recieved the new permit in the post and hence had not had the opportuntity to display it. Should i ignore this letter or appeal explaing that I had not recieved the letter in the post until the day after the previous ticket had expired. The PCN staes it is a NOTICE OF BREACH OF RAIL BYELAWS at the top of the notice.

The car park is operated by NCP car parks. The guidance seems to suggest that I should ignore this notice as it could be invalid.

I find it strange that the NCP staff issueing the ticket would not check my licence plate before issueing a ticket, given that I have a valid season ticket albeit not displayed.

Edited by sisqokid

I decided to go down to the station and photograph the signs and read over the terms and conditions. I can not see anywhere in the terms and conditions or the bylaws that you are required to display a ticket.

As far as I can tell as long as you have paid you can use the car park.

Although at the bottom of the bylaws they do state they will charge you £50, for not displaying a ticket or not parking in the correct place.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/340/img0275g.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1720/img0274s.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/791/img0273p.jpg

Os the answer just to ignore these guys then and treat the charge as an unsolicited invoice ?

Edited by sisqokid

"Although at the bottom of the bylaws they do state they will charge you £50, for not displaying a ticket or not parking in the correct place." the railway byelaws don't actually say that. 14 (3) "(3) No person in charge of any motor vehicle, bicycle or other conveyance shall park it on any part of the railway where charges are made for parking by an Operator or an authorised person without paying the appropriate charge at the appropriate time in accordance with instructions given by an Operator or an authorised person at that place."