• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Beachy's OH v Egg Card

beachcomber60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi..had quick glance and it seems enforceable. Any reason you think it may not be ?

The important 'prescribed terms'

Amount Of credit

Repayment schedule

Interest

all appear to be there.

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Posted up the agreement so it could be checked by someone more knowledgeable then me, just looking for flaws as they have made a complete hash of my SAR & cca requests.

This agreement has my personal details & loan amount correct but carries a different account number.

Beachy

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Andy,

Posted up the agreement so it could be checked by someone more knowledgeable then me, just looking for flaws as they have made a complete hash of my SAR & cca requests.

This agreement has my personal details & loan amount correct but carries a different account number.

Beachy

You could send it back and point out its the wrong number and question wether if its the right account.

I have sent several CCA requests, all delivered and signed for except the one to egg.

Have you managed to get one delivered yet to egg yet?

I sent to the Riverside address in Derby.

Anyone confirm if this is the correct address for CCA requests?

I am going to use special delivery for a new request to egg.

Hi RTR,

Yeap used the Riverside Road Address.

They are an absolute nightmare to deal with, just posted off dispute letters & SAR non compliance letters.

Hope you have better luck.

Beachy

Edited by beachcomber60
Spillin mistook

One thing we are absolutely disgusted with is that OH is on an agreed payment plan with Egg, they agreed to freeze interest & OH pays £42 a month, on OH's statement of account for the past nine months the debt has reduced by just £9 ! ! !

Starting to think we'd be better off with a ccj.

Aye, these 'financial giants' don't have a moral concience but we are expected to do every thing they demand with bells on. Egg kept bumping my apr up and up, was almost every month.

Finding this site has been my best ever discovery on the internet.

blimey, sorry I have digressed somewhat!

Aye, these 'financial giants' don't have a moral concience but we are expected to do every thing they demand with bells on. Egg kept bumping my apr up and up, was almost every month.

Finding this site has been my best ever discovery on the internet.

blimey, sorry I have digressed somewhat!

No worries, we're all in the same boat (if you know wot I mean).

Since finances took a nose dive last year I have found two things that saved my sanity

1. CAG

2. True Call - Only those we want to hear from are able to ring us :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update to OH's SAR.

Received a letter today from EGG reqarding DSIR.

Three options on the form, tick one box, sign and return :-

Option 1 :- Copy statements, copy statements can be provided at a charge of £2 per sheet.

Option 2 :- SAR, can be provided with 40 calender days (subject to terms & conditions), a fee of £10 is required (They've already been sent this by PO, and the time scale has expired for compliance), we also require proof of identification, dated within the past three months.

Option 3 :- Copy of cca will be provided within 12 days subject to receiving a fee of £1 (again they have already received this fee and are way outside the 12+2 days and have received dispute letters).

Beachy

Hi.

I had a phone call from egg two days ago asking for payment. I said I had done everything in writing etc etc. The girl said there was a 30 day turnarouns for written corresponsence. Presumably they consider themselves way above the laws of the land. (Not hijacking your thread just reporting on the 30 day turnaround thing, appears to fit with your timescale?)

Good luck, it seems like egg are way understaffed and very good at losing things.

Hi.

I had a phone call from egg two days ago asking for payment. I said I had done everything in writing etc etc. The girl said there was a 30 day turnarouns for written corresponsence. Presumably they consider themselves way above the laws of the land. (Not hijacking your thread just reporting on the 30 day turnaround thing, appears to fit with your timescale?)

Good luck, it seems like egg are way understaffed and very good at losing things.

Thanks RTR,

No worries, nice to know someone out there actually reads postings :grin:,

Beachy

Well after receiving the letter in post #13 above, OH received her SAR, but they only supplied statements for her c/card & nothing else.

For some reason they returned the £10 PO (which they claimed they never received) - not sure what we can do with this as it was made payable to Egg?

Non Compliance letter going off today for the rest of the Data.

Beachy

They've tried the "need proof of id" trick with me - just ignored them and sent them the "address has been fine for 5yrs, etc" letter.

Not heard a thing until a "secure message is waiting for you" email this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fellow Egg CAGGERS,

OH has just received cca for an EGG loan taken out in 2005, interesting I dont think its enforceable as it states a) APR b) monthly payment & c) loan 'principal' no mention of charge for credit or total amount payable.

Beachy.

After much letter writing the OH finally received a reply to her second Egg card cca request.

Apart from the 'agreement' stating the 'Approved' limit as opposed to the correct prescribed term 'Credit limit', the agreement they have sent is a photocopy of a microfiche slide.

Can this be classed an enforceable agreement as it can clearly be read (leaving the approved limit aside), it dates from c.2001.

As always

Beachy

Beachcomber, have a look at the link below where PT2537 outlines what he thinks is wrong with Egg Card Agreements. He is highly qualified in the field of litigation. This should give you more pointers to throw at them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html

Hiya Beachy,

Yes good post above, and if it ever went to court you can use the Civil Evidence act 1995 to make them prove its authenticity.

Have a look at this by Alanalana

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/162535-documents-court-civil-evidence.html#post1743527

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think if law correctly applied they should be able to get away with Microfilch copies!

As you say when it suits them bankers will say a copy will do when trying to harrass someone into paying an unenforcabe agreement but they soon change their tune and say a copy will not do when it comes to anything else concerning their banking,

As i saw on another forum this point was made

- A copy birth certificate is unacceptable to obtain a pass port and driving licence.

A copy of divorce papers is not acceptable to obtain a passport or driving licence ,

A copy of land deeds are not acceptable as proof of ownership of land

you cant send a copy of your driving license to prove you passed your test even if you swear on oath to say you have passed it.

You must produce the original,

So why should this be any different for something as important as a credit agreement? .

It can be argued on this basis that a copy of an agreement is not acceptable as proof of a debt

!so this argument can be brought out in court as well and which i will be doing

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/131345-getting-mbna-before-they-5.html This thread of BRW goes over some useful points when banks try and rely on microfilch copies!

• Haha 1

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Aso as that thread pointed out banks are very reluctant to accept faxed copies of documents themselves so why should it be differennt for us!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I love it sunflower

I will find your thread and read it with interest.

Surely a microfilch could be acceptable in certain circumstances?

Don't get me wrong I dare not disagree with that statement.

Pedross

Hi Pedross!

It is Bankerrhymeswith thred! I find his threads very informative and helpful!:) really under a credtit card agreement it is wrong to accept a microfilch copy,and is backed up by the fact that under cpr 16 paragraph 7.3 the crediter is compelled to being original into court.Plus it can be pointed out that bankers themselves dont accept faxed copies of documents! so why should it be different for us:) plus the other points i raised.

Also another quote taken from a thread -Also if you read the Wilson v First Counties Trust it says in this ruling and says specifically " a document" signed by the debtor NOT a "copy" of a document signed by the debtor... and as everyone knows a comma can make a difference to the meaning of a sentence and especially in law and this is very significant.

Quote from Wilson case- IN effect- the crediter - by failing to ensure that he obtained a document signed by the debtor which contained all the prescribed terms -must (in the light of the provisions in section 65(1) and 127(3) of the 1974 Act) be taken to have made a voluntary disposition,or gift , of the loan monies to the debtor,The crediter had chosen to part with the monies in circumstances in which it was never entitled to have them repaid.

The conclusion to be drawn from this quote is case law and consumer law meant - A "Document" signed by the debtor containing all the prescribed terms", not a copy.If you have not got the document you not got an agreement.

Edited by sunflower99