Unenforceability Cases on hold until further notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

So in a nutshell can they now come after us even if no agreement is produced?

no no no

Sorry to disagree Baggio but yes, yes, yes, they can come after you & probably will! I think what Baggio means is that the court will not be able to enforce an agreement if one doesn't exist - you can't call a pig a pig if no pigs ever existed can you? However that won't stop DCAs making demands of you & even trying to take you to court - it will be up to you to fight it off :(

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess you have to talk to yourself when no-one else will, OT :D

Thanks for the info.

Edited by foolishgirl
typo

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

here we go, HSBC paper pushers apparently already have changed their tactics based on mcguffic case. see example here

HSBC (& others) have been sending this & similar for a while now, Readalot, in the hope that it may persuade the reader into paying up but it's nothing to do with McG. Mark 'file in bin'. :D

That ruling may not have changed much but they are certainly getting braver .

Or maybe they are just getting desperate to pull in their debts. Maybe it has nothing to with the judgment & everything to do with diminishing profits on loans & credit cards. :|

I am very pleased you won yesterday SEW & would be interested to read the judgment when it comes through.

However, just to clarify, as the case was heard in the County Court unfortunately it doesn't set a legal precedent although it could be referred to by other claimants/defendants but a DJ is under no obligation to take notice of it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks