Court Claim has been on hold for 2 years - what options do I have?

danlat1415
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I went through the process of reclaiming my bank charges back in 2007, and oike many others, my claim got put on STAY while the test case ran.

It's currently been on stay for 2 years.

Does anyone know a time frame to when or if I may get my money back?

Is there anything I can do to get the claim reopened and looked at?

I'm not exactly in 'hardship' yet, but the money would come in really helpful in paying off debts (credit crunch isn't good at moment :()

When my claim originally got put on STAY I had (I think) 21 days to object, but I missed out on it as I was working away and didn't get the post until it was too late, and now I've just waited patiently for 2 years for it to make some progress.

I'm sure there are probably other threads similar to this, but I've tried my best to read through some threads to find the answers, but none really match my circumstances.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

My claim is for approx £1000, so it's not a massive claim, but it would help pay off a credit card, and stop me getting hundreds of pounds interest charged each year...

Hi Danlat,

See here for discussion on the OFT case - Cases stayed pending the OFT test case - The Consumer Forums

I'm not aware of when it should be over but you're still earning 8% interest on your claim, and thats the best rate you'll find anywhere !

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)