BM chasing for Shortfall - Does it ever get better?? PLEASE HELP..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I had my house repossessed by the lenders as my ex (party to the mortgage) had upped and left, leaving me to maintain the cost. I managed for about a whole year after she'd left and then struggled after that.

The mortgage was taken out in May 2006, and I didn't miss a payment until I was forced to reduce the payments significantly. As per someone else's thread, I also had little help from them as my lenders, and eventually the house was repossessed early this year.

I now live in rented accomodation, albeit paying rent to a family member. I am now the proud father of my baby boy, who, I don't get to see, save through a contact order which allows for a few hours a week. The ex has been and is on benefits. At the time the lenders last spoke to me, they refused to take a forwarding address for her, and stated that it was against DPA.

The last I heard from the lenders was the court orders for reposession, and that was it. I'd moved out myself a few months before the repossession.

I have now received 3 letters from HL Solicitors and they are stating that I owe them £36k. There is no mention on their letter of her name, and they are threatening court proceedings.

After pondering, worrying and losing sleep, (already having lost my house and the £20k that I'd put into it thus far) I have managed to draft and send off a letter to HL.. I was lucky that I found loads of resourceful and help on here, and some of you will see that it is similar to one of the template letters offered by barracad (thank you).

I have a few concerns however:

:idea:Will I be stumped with paying the majority of what little expendable income I have left in life-long payments to the creditors?

:idea:Will they even bother chasing the ex, who apart from losing £5k, got away squeeky clean by literally leaving the house, and all the bills in my name?

:idea:Is there something else I should be doing that is not obvious to me?

Any advice, help or support would be very much appreciated..

A very dismayed member.. :(:(:|

thank you all in advance.

forumletter.doc

I don't have any savings or assets. My car is worth about £600 if that. I'm currently renting my brother's house and am paying him rent. Am I wrong to assume that worst case, they will ask me for me income/expenditure and then work out how much they can take off me? will that amount have interest on it, or will it be so much a month off the fixed 36k. Also, will they make me pay the whole amount or will they chase her for any of it too?

thanks all in advance.