MMG VS A&L "Give me back my money!!!"

MMG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone!

After reading about the successes of many people in their fight to reclaim their money from the banks I have decided to follow suit and get my money back from the A&L.

I have sent off the letter requesting my statements by recorded delivery yesterday 1st/08/2006 so now the 40 day wait is on!

I am no expert in reclaiming back my money but I’m sure with the help of you all I will be fine!

MMG

Hello everyone!

After reading about the successes of many people in their fight to reclaim their money from the banks I have decided to follow suit and get my money back from the A&L.

I have sent off the letter requesting my statements by recorded delivery yesterday 1st/08/2006 so now the 40 day wait is on!

I am no expert in reclaiming back my money but I’m sure with the help of you all I will be fine!

MMG

Welcome MMG You will & you will

Hi and welcome MMG. While waiting for your statements make sure you read the FAQ's, step by step instructions etc as the more you understand the easier it will be further down the line.

Good luck

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, SInce sending My initail letter requesting my statements on the 1st of August They have still not arrived! I will get on the phone to them but is there another step i can take?

thanks!

LBA for non-compliance in bank templates library.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

The statements finally arrived on the last of the 40 days!

I've had a look through and the charges add up to nearly £900.

A few things that I would just like to get clear about which charges I can claim for.

1) unauthorised overdraft charge £25.00

2) Paid Item Charge £25.00

3) Monthly Overdraft Charge £25.00

4) Failed Cheque charge £29.50

Can I claim for all the above charges?? I think that Paid Item Charge refers to Failed DD charges??

Thanks,

MMG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have now calaculated the Amount of money I am owed not including any interest at this stage to be £999.00. A&L have ripped me off for the last time!

I have sent the letter requesting back all charges together with a schedule of charges in spreadsheet format.

Again it was sent using recorded delivery.

Now the 14 days wait has begun............

Like always I will keep you all updated!

MMG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It has been a long time since i last posted. But just to update you all I have filled the Money claim online form on Friday 11th May 2007 for a total of £1105 which was charges plus the interest.

Now its a waiting game to see how long it takes!

I took a long time before I did my MCOL too, but it was quite quick then to get my cheque settling it.

HI,

The court claim was issued on on 14th May and will be deemed served on 19th of May.... The defendant has until the 2nd of June to reply.

I have just had a recent set back though, although the claim is still in process A & L have closed my account i think due to me missing more late DD payments and unauthorised OD that sort of thing and with the claim going on also they have closed the account and thier representatives have asked for the bank cards and cheque books to be torn up and sent back to them...

Although this does concern me a little will this affect my claim at all, I shouldn't think that just because they have closed my account that I am not owed the money they took from me??????

CARO, well done on claiming back your money! lets hope i get mine back quickly too!

I gather that recently A&L are submitting proper defences so your claim may not be quite as straight forward, but if handled properly unlikely to be a cause for too much concern.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Wragge and CO have sent a letter claiming that they intend to defend. I have not yet recieved the defence letter yet. On the MCOL website they have also stated that they intend to defend. So the whole process begins. Although i am intent on getting back my money the nerves are beginning to kick in.

I think a lot of us are at the same stage - with the sol defending and some preliminary hearings.

Just keep reading everyday because when the next one wins we will feel a little more confident.

Jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi All,

Wragge and CO have sent a letter claiming that they intend to defend. I have not yet recieved the defence letter yet. On the MCOL website they have also stated that they intend to defend. So the whole process begins. Although i am intent on getting back my money the nerves are beginning to kick in.

When you get your defence, if Wragge state that you haven't "particularised your claim", just send them your charges list, stating that you've already sent this to A&L and you hope this now clarifies your claim. Then sit back and wait for a hearing date and directions from the judge, when you'll know exactly what you have to submit and the timescales involved.

Come back here for help with the court bundle info. you're asked to submit by the judge and you'll get lots of assistance. icon7.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Thanks MimiJane, You support already has restored some confidence. I am expecting to get the defence today. I will keep you updated and will take you up on the offer of help regarding the court bundle.

Thanks again,

MMG

No problemicon7.gif By the way, keep an eye on my thread below ... it's all happening (or not happening:rolleyes:) this week.

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

As expected Wragge and Co have stated that I have not particularised my claim. is there a letter to send to them with the list of charges stating that i have alreeady sent these to A&L and had asked for them to be attached to my MCOL court form?

• 3 weeks later...

hi All,

The transfer of proceedings was recieved on 9th June 2007. It states that the case has been transferred to the loacl court covering the area in which i live. i am not sure now what to do ? do i need to contact them?

It also states that " the filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless jusdge at the court of transfer orders otherwise.

it also states that ay party may apply to have it varied stayed or set aside?

this has totally confused me in what to do next.

can anyone pls help?

thanks in advance.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thanks, Jansus,

i am still unsure as to what to do. The date the order was drawn was 08/062007. Have i missed an important 14 day deadline? Please help.!!!