Is This Debt Written Off , Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all ,quick recap, debt passed to blair/oliver then 1st credit, then connaught, recieved letter from judge and priestly solicitors, reducing debt, but still wanting full and final settlement ,respond within 10 days to connaught. while all this going on i sar halifax and put in complaint for mis-sold ppi just recieved reply (THIS CAN;T QUITE UNDERSTAND) ' further to our previous letter i note that your loan was infact written off in dec 2008, ' the letter goes on to say they are currently formulating a new policy deal with written off loans and the payment of redress, . When this procedure is in place they will write to us to update situation, and re-iterate right to refer to FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN,, what does all this mean? do i have debt or not? is this loan in dispute ,enforcable , can any one advise , what should i do about judge and priestly letter? thanks :!:

They would have had to write the loan off prior to claiming tax relief & selling the debt on to a DCA. I suppose that they are now trying to determine who is in fact responsible for any PPI or unfair charges claims. No doubt their line of thinking is that it will be the DCA because after all, when a DCA buys a debt they also acquire the 'rights & responsibilities'. :rolleyes: