Peter V Barclays a few questions

avon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted my Letter asking for my charges to be credited to my account, end of june asking for £600 of penalty charges and got a letter back from Mr White @ barclays saying he would give me a goodwill payment of £280, I got this letter on July 6th.

One question before I send my LBA, I forgot to include the interest? is this hard to calculate? should I include this in my LBA and say I forgot to include it in my original letter. Or should I just forget about it, its probabaly not very much anyway.

Also my charges go back to march 1998? Are charges before the 6 years not allowable to be claimed for? Mr white does not mention it in his letter.

as I am always overdrawn towards the end of the month will this be a problem?

Many thanks

Guest Mumofthreeboys
One question before I send my LBA, I forgot to include the interest? is this hard to calculate? should I include this in my LBA and say I forgot to include it in my original letter. Or should I just forget about it, its probabaly not very much anyway.

Also my charges go back to march 1998? Are charges before the 6 years not allowable to be claimed for? Mr white does not mention it in his letter.

Many thanks

If you haven't calculated the interest yet try Vamp's spreadsheet (second one down) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

You'll see on the second sheet it also calculates your 8% interest (not to be used until you file for court though).

I wouldn't bother pointing out that you forgot to add the interest in your previous letter, because they probably never read it anyway!! Just state in your LBA how much you are claiming in charges and how much in interest.

As for claiming more than 6 years - there are arguments for and against this, but this really should be treated separately to this claim. My advice would be to wait until you've got your money from this claim and then try for more than 6 years. Hope this helps. :)