• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dean v RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If i send rejection letter, how long shall i give themto reply. On the template its not clear as it refers to LBA and i have not sent one yet.

:grin: WON

GOLDFISH £291.90

MARBLES £174.47

RBOS VISA £232.19

AMEX (BLUE) £148.40

BARCLAYCARD £251.31

AMEX (BA) £151.50

RBOS M/C £222.00

RBOS (MY ACC) £430.00

BARCLAYS £505.00

MBNA £250.00

RBOS (JOINT) £2975.00

:grin:

stick to the original 14 day timescale from your prelim letter

:-x Royal bank of Scotland :-x

£2391.82 + 8% + legal costs £220.00 = £2911.88

Data Protection Act request - 01/07/06

Prelim Request - 25/07/06

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

AQ Received by court 12/10/06

Copy of RBS AQ received 14/10/06

Now We Wait ................

:-x Capitol One MasterCard :-x

Data Protection Act Request - 15/10/06

:-xCiti Bank Visa Card :-x

well it finally happened .... have requested a judgement by default this morning so now im just waiting for them to come back and say

sorry your judgement has been declined because cobbetts have entered a defence at the lat moment as is there MO it seems

any one else had that problem ? did it let you even file for your judgement at all and then reject it

please let me know as im on the edge of my seat waiting :)

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

Hi Zeus

I filed for judgement on Moneyclaim in the morning, but MCOL had received their defence that afternoon by post, so my request for Judgement couldn't continue. I hope that yours is the exception:) but if not, then expect a defence through the post tomorrow along with a request for further information!

Wxx

Fingers , toes , hair and everything else crossed

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

have just received the defence form cobbetts in the post which means the court will have as well which means i am now waiting for an allocation questionaire

cobbetts are requesting information form me and demanding it be sent to them ny 09oct

do i have to comply with them or do i wait for the court to contact me first ?

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

Hi Zeus,

There's a debate about this issue going on at the moment, look for the thread in the RBS forum re: cpr part 18 requests.

If you write back and state that the request is not revelant to the small claims track etc etc, they'll write back to you with an even more intimidating letter going on about 'being on an equal footing' and quoting this that and the other to you. So, why don't you beat them to it and send a similar letter that I sent to them in response:

I refer to your request for further information.

It is my understanding that part 27.2(1)(f) applies subject to paragraph 3 of part 27.2, which states that the Court of its own initiative may order a party to provide further information if it considers it appropriate to do so. I have every intention of supplying all the information that the Court needs, if and when the Court requires it. I see no evidence in your request for further information that this was indeed initiated by the Court but if it is the case that you have been asked by the Court to collate this information from me, then could you please supply me with correspondance stating this.

I believe that I have supplied you with sufficient particulars of my claim and at every stage of my claim I have always tried to provide you and the defendant with all the information which you have required form me.

The Court is bound by an overriding objective to deal with cases justly and ensure that parties are on an equal footing. If the court decides that I need to provide yourselves and the defendant with more information to ensure that the case is dealt with justly and that both parties are on an equal footing then I will satisfy your request.

Yours Faithfully

HA!!!! there goes there next box standard letter and hopefully you'll get an offer even earlier!

Send another copy of your spreadsheets etc along with this and always duplicate correspondance and forward to the Court.

Wxx

That is great - when i send my letter to the court do i send it to the moneyclaim court ?

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

no Zeus wait until you get the allocation questionaire and return it to the same court as that.

Stacy x

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

oh my god what a knightmare these people cause !!!

heres the letter to cobbetts im sending :

I refer to your request for further information.

It is my understanding that part 27.2(1)(f) applies subject to paragraph 3 of part 27.2, which states that the Court of its own initiative may order a party to provide further information if it considers it appropriate to do so. I have every intention of supplying all the information that the Court needs, if and when the Court requires it. I see no evidence in your request for further information that this was indeed initiated by the Court but if it is the case that you have been asked by the Court to collate this information from me, then could you please supply me with correspondence stating this.

I believe that I have already supplied you and the defendant with sufficient particulars of my claim and at every stage of my claim I have always tried to provide you and the defendant with all the information which is necessary.

In light of this I would be more than happy to again supply the details which I have previously sent to the defendant and I would suggest you approach your clients for a full and proper breakdown of my charges if you feel the information I supply is insufficient.

The Court is bound by an overriding objective to deal with cases justly and ensure that parties are on an equal footing. If the court decides that I need to provide yourselves and the defendant with more information to ensure that the case is dealt with justly and that both parties are on an equal footing then I will satisfy your request.

I will be including this when i send back the allocation questionaire ... is this a good idea ?

letter included with allocation questionairre :

Dear Sir/Madame

Please find enclosed my court Allocation Questionnaire. For your consideration I have also attached the original breakdown of charges that I have sent to the defendant and their legal representatives.

This Breakdown shows each individual charge, the date and the reason given for this charge. If the court requires any further information with regards to the particulars of this claim then please do not hesitate to contact me

With the defence filed by Cobbetts on behalf of the defendant is a request for further information, I have re sent a copy of the charges along with the a letter that I have also included.

opinions comments queries ???

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

Guest willowb

Hi there,

I think most, if not all of us think it best to duplicate all correspondance between parties and forward it to the Court for their records, so yes, send copies with the AQ to the Court.

Good luck honey, I hope it's quick for you!!!

Wxxx

i have now filed my allocation questionaire, sent my cheque for £100.00 and received a copy of the questionaire that cobbetts have filed.

does anyone know how long a court date takes to be allocated ? am i looking at 1 month 2 months etc ?

thanks

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

Think it was about a month for me, was 2 months from filing court claim to receiving cheque if that helps!!

Stacy x

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

the cheque i sent in with my allocation questionaire has been cashed ...

does that mean i should be expecting a date soon or does that mean the court is happily sat on my 100.00 ?

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

Guest willowb

Depends how busy your allocated Court is, I've been waiting 2 months for a date and still haven't got one. will more than likely be next year before i get a date. Don't worry, like I said, it depends on the Court and how many Judges they have etc.

Wxx

• 3 weeks later...

OK guys a new development on the court front so need some help here

recived a letter from the court advising that i have been allocated to the small claims court which i think is good.

also received what i think is the normal request which is as follows

1. Each Party must send a copt to everyone involved of all documents i am going to rely on in court - this is all letters etc sent back and forth

2. send a statement of evidence of the party of which is intended should be adduced at the fianl hearing - Have no idea what this is ? any one help with this

3. it asks for any written contract - is this what i signed with the bank when i first joined ?

Apart from all the the letters etc that have been sent between us what do i need to send ??

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys i am sending my response to the court today and really need to someone to let me know what

"send a statement of evidence of the party of which is intended should be adduced at the final hearing"

means as i have no idea

my papers need to in by 16.00 on 17/11/06 so im sending hem next day today so they are there in time

really need some help here just to make sure

any Mods out there ?

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

please any takers as i dont want to mess up this late in the game ???

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

Guest willowb

Hi Zeus:)

It doesn't look like barracad is about so I suggest you link this thread in a PM to another mod......don't worry.

Wxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Sorry for no reply for ages but had internet problems .....

So i sent off the papers and have had a reply from the court ...

I have to make a factual statement in support of my case .. now i have no idea of what to write so does any one have any idea's ?

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06

Hi Guys

I've not had any response from anyone but I have downloaded a pack with lots of useful stuff in it.

Still not sure what to put in the statement of facts so if anyone does read this and has been through a similar stage then please let me know

LBA - 08/08/06

Claim filed - 22/08/06

Acknowledged - 25/08/06

Defence filed - 25/09/06

AQ sent 10/10/06