• Tweets

• Morning,  I have recieved a reply from my request for information. They have replied with the credit agreements for my 118 loan and two Captial One cards.  They have said thay as Vodafone is a telecommunications account it is not regulated so the original creditor is not obliged to provide a copy of the agreement.  What are my next steps?  Thank you 
    • Treasury rubbishes Rishi Sunak’s £2,000 tax hike election TV debate claim   I see Sunak and his crew have been shown to be liars at the first outing, including lying about what senior civil servants have said (all on top of Sunak trying to deflect some their own DEFINED budget black hole onto labour) No surprises there then Treasury rubbishes Rishi Sunak’s £2,000 tax hike election TV debate claim WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK In a humiliating moment in the election for the prime minister, a scathing letter from top Treasury officials revealed that the figures...  
    • Three Trump allies charged in Wisconsin fake elector scheme   "Last year, the 10 fake electors from Wisconsin disavowed their attempt to overturn Trump’s defeat in 2020, recognized the legitimacy of President Joe Biden’s victory, and pledged not to serve as real electors in 2024 or any election when Trump is on the ballot – or to act as sham electors in any future election, as part of a civil lawsuit settlement. The 10 fake electors issued a statement acknowledging that the phony certificates they signed in December 2020 were “used as part of an attempt to improperly overturn” the lawful election results."   Three Trump allies charged in Wisconsin fake elector scheme | CNN Politics EDITION.CNN.COM The Wisconsin attorney general on Tuesday filed charges against three allies of Donald Trump accused of taking part in the effort to...  
    • Thanks all. Think I have come to a plan dx please correct me if I am getting you wrong but I am going to go down the route you suggest. simply stop payments for now until I receive a DN and it gets marked on my file. Then contact each lender and start making token payments to each one. i then assume most like they will then at some point sell to DCA. Once they are sold I’ll be coming back to see how best I deal with it.  Let me know if I am making some error in judgment or missing anything with my plan 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

is this enforceable??

robnfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will also point out that I do not see a total charge for credit, ar anything telling you what the amount of interest you are paying anywhere, which I think is a prescribed term....if it is and its missing it should be unenforceable.

Having a quick count up...I think you are looking to reclaim around £2500, plus all the interest you paid on those charges PLUS statutory 8% pa that a court would award.

Tidy wee sum coming your way methinks :D

Stewie, look, no total charge for credit and interest CLEARLY charged on the acceptance fee lol (arrggghhh my head hurts!)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

thanks for the reply dippy , i sent the sars off on the 17th so ill wait and see , dont know whats happened to the statements they were ment to be sending me , guess ms wright must have something to do with them , oh the waiting game , i hate it!!!!!! , have there been many cases of getting defaults removed with welcome ?

They rarely agree to do it themselves, need to be forced but as far as I can see you have a rock solid case for that....the default amount etc needs to be accurate....their balance would have included loads of wrongly applied charges...not to mention them [causing problems] you on your entitlement to an insurance payout that probably caused the defaults!

Take time to sit and write a list of complaints and we can build your letter around that, ie:

Missold/useless insurance

wrongly applied charges

Defaults applied wrongly

Debt collections procedures against OFT guidelines

Blatant disregard of your rights under the Consumer Credit Act

Causing you severe financial hardship

etc :D

Had an idea, have you requested a copy of your agreement from them at all?

If not, send the formal letter away asking for it along with your complaint. If they know why you are complaining they may be tempted to 'amend' your agreement to suit (and as you have the original they would be goosed!)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

"amend" wouldnt surprise me after the other thread ive just been reading , i sent a request for the agreement along with the sars so hopefully should get that soon , on another note ive heard of welcome actually coming on cag and looking at post ect ... would it be a good idea to take the agreement off the thread or doesnt it matter

As long as you have blanked all your personal info, and there is nothing to identify you, then its fine.

And, oh yes, they are watching. I even had one of them at my door, claiming to know nothing about a complaint then started asking about info I had posted on here lol.

They are so arrogant its funny, they really do assume we are all powerless. I you really want to wind them up, post what you want them to know....or want them to think hehe

Hopefully you will start to enjoy a bit of payback :p

Dipply75

oh that would be bliss , lol just noticed as well they havent even got my address right on this letter , good job the post man knows who i am.

sorry to keep asking questions but the basis of getting a default removed , is that because the agreement isnt enforceable and if they send me a copy of the default in my sars and its not the original default notice does that count aswell.:confused:

Its not down to the agreement, its that any default notice has to be correct:

contain certain info

be accurate

give correct dates and timescales (ie, you ahev 28 days from the date on the letter to remedy this...but they write the date you have to remedy it by wrongly (27 days)

See what it says when you get it thourgh but in your case the accuracy is the winner...the figure on it will be WAY OFF!

Did you ever receive a default notice from them? (ask away btw, I love getting it right up them hehe)

Dipply75

• 3 weeks later...

ok i started this so ill try and keep it going , so far i have had sweet fa from welcome apart from a letter saying it had been passed to the recovery centre??? that was a month ago , have pinged off an email to t/s and to the CRAs to say this is in dispute , CRAs have done their part and put a note on my account , nothing from t/s in over a week, any advise where i can go from here.

• 1 month later...

ok need some advise , ive come to a brick wall now , bascially welcome are now completely ignoring anything i send them , i have reported them to to every regulatory body i can think of and still nothing , i thought id tackle the cras see if i can get the default removed , so far theyve all emailed me back saying that they have contacted welcome who still havent replied that was 15 days ago , am i right in thinking that if they havent produce the docs to prove the default that the cras have to remove the default after 28 days, i ask cause credit expert have said without permission from welcome they wont remove it

Got a letter from welcome today bascially saying " the default has been registered correctly".

no copy of the default

and nothing relating to the claim for charges

and it also says this is a final response to your complaint.

So im now gonna fire another letter about default cause they obviously havent got it , but i also wanna go the whole hog on the charges cause theyve really p****d me off , but i wanna go down the compound interest route and see how they like 50.9% interest thrown back at them (probably very unlikely to happen but may aswell give it go) , i could really do with some help , im assuming ppl are using the sempra metal case as guidance but im struggling to see the connection , im sure someone will fill me in on that , any ideas?

many thanks

Edited by robnfc

• 4 weeks later...

got statements , fired off a letter on the 26/05/09 registered post asking for charges back (its actually around £2200 theres duplicate fees capitalization and all sorts of other stuff which i didnt notice at the start) , still nothing back , took a wild stab at an email address and bingo it worked , got one back saying the complaint had been closed ??????:mad: , spoke to a lass at the welcome office who said she would get someone to call me , not happened , email sent to Mr. Adrian Cummings , see what happens..

Hi Rob, I think Mr Cumming may have been one of the dodgy directors suspended lol. Be interesting to see if you get a response.

They are doing to you what I got, the ridiculous run around. I have passed mine to the FOS and am gathering the info and paperwork for filing in court, had enough of the games.

Will try and get back on later n help out. let us know if anyone replies to that e-mail though!

Not sure what you should do next, the FOS taking an age to do things right now :(

Dipply75

• 3 weeks later...

think you are right dip , never got anything back from mr cummings but i did get a letter with an offer , just the charges and ppi , no interest added.

so im going to write back however i could do with a bit of help with regards to the whole interest thing , i would like to claim the charges and ppi back but also claim the interest charged on the charges , is this compound interest? if it is i might think twice and just go for the 8% however it seems wrong cause surely if the charges are unlawful so is the interest paid on them , i went on a dmp in 2007 and interest was stopped so can i claim the interest on the charges upto the point when they stoppped charging me interest.

Edited by robnfc

Hi rob, excellent news about the offer, its a start - most of us are still being told to bog off!

Did the lett have any 'wothout prejudice' or not admitting any liability bits in it - have they said offer only in goodwill etc?

Trying to figure out if they have basically admitted liability and its only a haggling issue now. You are certainly entitled to that interest - you've paid it for no reason. Have included the ppi interest?

Dipply75

they said they didnt agree with the points and it was good will , so doesnt look like they are admitting liability , but at least i know they are looking to settle now ,to honest like you say i didnt expect to hear anything back