Lloyds TSB and Me

hammyhound
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well folks just thought I would update after my CCA to Lloyds in October 2008.

Matter passed to DCA - BLS, told them to bugger off with an account in dispute letter.

Matter passed back to LLoyds who say "due to high volume of requests we will take an eternity to get back to you".

Matter passed to Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell who say I should pay in 7 days otherwise they will chop my legs off" Sent them a "who do you think you are letter" - said they would hold the account whilst waiting for the CCA.

Still no CCA not even a "cut and paste job" nor present terms and conditions.

Got a letter from Lloyds today saying that they have given me an official complaint reference referring to my account in dispute letter and if I feel appropriate I should report them to the FOS (that's kind of them)

Never received anything like this with anyone else.

Bearing in mind my account is 27 years old :D

Do you think they will reduce the balance.

What would be the argument with the FOS - would I be acknowledging the debt if I made a complaint.

Will sit back and watch the world go by in the meantime.

HH

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

I received what appears to be an application form for a card I have allegedly opened in 2000 and my previous balance was transferred. Everything is in order on the form except I did not go ahead with the transfer as at the time they wanted to charge a monthly fee so I cancelled.

I knew something was wrong as on the application form it stated that my original balance would be closed and transferred to the new account number. I was still using the old account number up until last year.

Rang up LTSB and spoke to a very helpful person (not many of them around) who said that I was correct and that the account was dormant with no transactions.

I asked him if he could tell me when my account was opened. He said it was definately before 2nd February 1990 as that's all we go back to on computer :D

Bearing mind I opened my account around 1988 this is possibly good news for me but shame on you LTSB for trying to pretend an application form is a credit agreement and sending me details for a dormant account of 2000.

Nasty letter going back to the solicitors (sorry inhouse lawyers) explaining yet again what I wanted and not send me an application form for a dormant account.

HH

Received in the post today another letter from LTSB saying

I am sorry for the delay in responding to your request for documentation under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Unfortunately we have recently received a high volume of such requests but I can assure you that we will respond shortly to your request.

blah blah in the meantime feel free to complaint about us etc.

I wonder if they obviously realise now that the application form they sent was indeed false and know they can't produce that at court.

Or did Sechari find this application and not told LTSB what they have done.

Maybe another letter to Sechari to tell them that good communication within the same company is an important feature to any company and if one person does one thing they should note it on the computer.

I have noticed on other threads that people who asked for their CCA after me have received something.

HH