• Tweets

• I purchased the vehicle using finance through motonovo under a HP 60 months agreement. I have now amended the document ensuring all is in black. Unfortunately, this email has now been sent. However, I have not sent a letter to big motoring world. Also, I have taken the section of the firealarm issue. I am struggling to convert to PDF. I am not tech savy at all. My mistake was that the the salesman was very fussy on a sale. We went down a quiet road for a little test drive and not for a lengthy road test. The water issue was not present at this moment of time. However, it only became prevalent after driving away, after all docs signed. I did stated to Audi I wanted a diagnostic report. However, they carried out an Audicam which is footage of the issue. Audi have diagnosed the issue as a common issue where coupes/cabriolets accumulate water in the seals. However, I did state beforehand for no issue to be rectified due to me wanting to reject the vehicle. I am awaiting a report from Audi through email from the branch manager in relation to the issue. The issue so far is the water still being present in the sills. Audi tried to fix the issue however the problem is still prevalent. Regards 
    • First begging letter received from Overdales   ;Blah blah blah, our client's are going to win this blah blah blah we supplied all your documents under CPR   PS you can stop all this by paying £1200 less in a lump sum
    • Right,  so the court hasn't send out the Directions Questionnaires/N180s yet. PE's one is a false one, meant to intimidate you into thinking your defence was rubbish and they are confident with their claim. This is par for the course.  The PPCs do this regularly. However, PE have gone further and written that "a copy has also been filed with the court" which is a lie as the court haven't even sent out the papers yet. Keep a screenshot of MCOL, later on in your WS you can draw attention to their lying and abuse of court procedure. If you've got time on your hands, then complain to the BPA about one of their members lying.    
    • We need documents to be uploaded in PDF format. Uploading in Microsoft Word format discloses personal details relating to you which you should not be sharing. Click upload – to understand what to do. How did you pay for the vehicle? You start by saying that you should have walked away – yes you should. Not only because of the reputation of this company but also if the transaction isn't perfect you shouldn't get involved and you certainly shouldn't be taking the word of some used car dealer. Big fail! Why are some of your letter in black and some the in red? When you get some of the ideas in there – have you use a template from somewhere else? They aren't interested in a delay caused by some fire alarm or something. They certainly aren't interested either by the distress you are suffering. They have hundreds of customers who become victims of this kind of thing. All of those customers suffer distress. Big Motoring World don't seem to be very bothered. What are the faults which exist with the vehicle now? Is it just the splashing? Where is the splashing? What is it that is splashing?   Do I also understand that you purchased the vehicle without trying it at all and the first time you were in it and had splashing was after you had made the contract?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Where do I start?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

subbed is when people subscribe to your thread so they receive incoming mails everytime someones posts up or you post up, its for a variety of reasons, so that they can support you, assist you, learn from you and the other caggers.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry it takes ages to grasp it all, taken me years and I still dont understand some of the abbreviations. Read, read read, as much as you can, it will consume your every evening, but you need to learn and understand as much as you can. Write to your cards (the letters are on here) officially request your consumer credit agreement send 1.00 postal order. DONT SIGN ANYTHING give them 12 plus 2 days for them to send it and when they dont, dont pay anymore and send them a letter to say account now officially in dispute. Clearly if they do come up with your agreement and it has all the prescribed terms and conditions within the four corners of the doc along with your sig and other information needed (again look this up on site) you will have to pay again as usual but until they do send this to you dont pay them anything. you are at the beginning of a very long road

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Definately very positive, I can understand why you would want to go to an agency to help but heed Roosters post, take a read of it... you can do this yourself Im sure.. I cant say I have done this and won as Im only 3 months into it myself but no enforceable agreement sent so far.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I know, 'cos we've got the switch. ;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Esile,

Welcome to CAG, I am pretty new to this also, but I will do my best to help you.

I think what I should be doing is sending all the credit card companies a CCA request.

I know I need to do it quickly but I'm scared to do it until our new mortgage is through.

Yes, I agree you should use Template letter N, you will find it here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Requesting your CCA is your right under the law, and financial institutions are not allowed tp punish you for this. But without those copies, you will not be able to establish what your position is with the cards.

Banks/Card Issuers are usually not that quick in updating the Credit Reference Agencies when you initially fall behind in repayments, so if you haven't missed any payments yet - it is unlikely to affect your file for about month.

Do the credit card companies inform each other once I request CCA's? Do they 'mark my card'? Once I request it and if they then supply it and it is enforceable do they then carry on being awkward?

I need to know what the consequences for my actions are likely to be.

Some companies may get a little difficult with you, but I don't see what alternative you have. If you read through the CAG site, you will see that some creditors can be very helpful if you write to them and explain your situation. [if have read threads where some have even frozen interest for 6 months or more]

It is my opinion that the companies likely to be helpful to you, won't punish you for seeking a copy of your CCA.

...Also, I have another post on here to do with the sub prime lender and the contract I have with them

Should I have been given a key facts letter (like the normal menders give)?

Should I have been told about a 14 day cooling off period?

If I pay off the 2nd charge with the remortgage can I then make a claim against them if I go on to find they behaved incorrectly?

I am sorry I can't help you with the final questions, it is something I simply haven't read up on, perhaps someone else can offer you advice in this area.

I hope this helps

toto

How many have you requested?

barclaycard

mbna x 2

marks and spencer money

shortly tesco

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

One more question (then I promise to turn my PC off until tomorrow!)

Thinking back to when I applied for my cards (many moons ago!) I remember filling in application forms (some of which asked me what I wanted my credit limit to be) and signing it. Does that count as the agreement (it had lots of small print) or should I have received something else? All I remember getting was the paper that my credit card arrived on.

Hya read around other peoples threads you will get the gist of what is and what isnt enforceable. an application is not the signed agreement, you need a copy of your original agreement and then you can post it up for knowlegeable people (not me) who know what it should look like.I have received things that are not enforceable to date

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hi Esile

There are many ways in which people here have fought back, so you need to find threads that best suit your circumstances, believe me, you'll find plenty to read up on.

The CCA request is just the first step you'll be taking. Once you've decided your best option, (IE, they dont send anything, so you stop payments, or its unenforceable, so you then wait for them to issue court threats.)

This company offering you peace of mind for £395 still wont get you any further than you can here by yourself. Also, if you have a counterclaim, you'll get the full amount instead of having to hand over 10%. This company, whoever they may be, are on to a winner, you'll get all the hassle if they mess it up for you.

IMHO, its better for you to be in control of all the paperwork for your situation.

Thanks!

Muffintop

I'm sure I will get my head around it soon!

Bazaar

When you say counterclaim do you mean claim back charges?

They wanted £349 plus 10% of outstanding balance plus they then kept any charges they could get refunded!! I didn't worry too much about that because I have had very few late charges etc over the years but can they also claim back interest?

OK Esile, lets see if this scenario fits.

They issue a claim against you (they have), you then request the correct paperwork (Youve done that too).

They dont supply the agreement. You then send em an account in dispute letter along with informing them they are in default of your legal request.

Now you are not obliged to pay them until such time they give you the paperwork.

Thats most likely what this company will be doing on your behalf for your £395.

Its not going to stop any harrassment from the creditors, it certainly wont stop them issuing a court claim.

If they did issue a court claim, you have no papertrail to show that you were trying to see a statement of account and agreement so you could negotiate ,because you had a 3rd party deal with it.

I wouldnt think this company would assist you with the court stuff (If it got that far).

So you would end up having to go through all this letter writing yourself

to get the info you required. You'd have wasted all this time getting to a point that you can get to yourself.

My point about counterclaim, would be IF it ever went to them claiming, you have ammunition to throw their claim off kilter. ( charges, fees etc.)

If ultimately, they lost or discontinued any claim against you, you now have a shed load of letter writing time and research time that was wasted due to their claim and you may ask the court to consider this.

I'm learning all the time!

My only concern is the remortgage I am waiting to go through. We are just at the stage of prooving income, the advisor then says it's approx 10 days until it goes through but having been trying to do this since September I'm not counting my chickens!

I really want to send the CCa's but I don't want any bad things coming up on my credit rating until I know the mortgage is finalised in case I need to go elsewhere.

Does this make sense? Should I wait?

Yes, wait

I'm learning all the time!

My only concern is the remortgage I am waiting to go through. We are just at the stage of prooving income, the advisor then says it's approx 10 days until it goes through but having been trying to do this since September I'm not counting my chickens!

I really want to send the CCa's but I don't want any bad things coming up on my credit rating until I know the mortgage is finalised in case I need to go elsewhere.

Does this make sense? Should I wait?

In this case hang tight then.

Its usual for them to retaliate if you go with CCA, so hanging on until your mortgage is sorted would be advisable

Hi Esile,

If you are still in doubt about going ahead yourself or going through this "Company" you should find out if they are registered with the Ministry of Justice.

'Google' CMR: Claims management regulations, and then go to the paragraph headed 'New guidance on the marketing of claims for unenforceable Consumer Credit Agreement Claims'. Read and inwardly digest.

Ask yourself, and them, are they a regulated company?

Edited by Viano
Additional para

• 2 weeks later...

I confess early on in my cca requests I had so many requests initially that I got scared and paid a company 180 to take on two of my biggest cards and two that I was the most unsure off. They would only take on over 5k for fastrack so they can get costs.... its all starting to look very wobbly.... and beg to wish I hadnt dont it, i have still kept a handle on the two cards and in fact on of them isnt officially in dispute and Iv kept paying it as I wasnt sure. the other is one of the easier ones and Iv continued with it myself even though their solicitor has it... basically they ahve sent me out a terms and conds from their solicitor that doesnt match what we agreed... I am now very sceptical about this company as there seems to be costs they didnt tell me at the time, I will let you know how it goes but not signing anything to them until Im sure and may end up loosing the 180 that I paid out, thank god I didnt do all of them

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Do YOU pay the £349 plus 10% or is Bankfodder implying that you receive that amount????

I have been approached by a similar company and am going to a meeting about it next week so will hopefully have some more info.

Fact 1 - Any company that does not hold a Consumer Credit Licence cannot legally buy, sell, or do anything with a regulated Consumer Credit Agreement.

Fact 2 - In any case, a debtor cannot "sell" his debt to anyone without the agreement of the creditor - and that is hardly likely to be forthcoming.

Fact 3 - There are many solicitors firms around that will take on cases where an Agreement is likely to have been improperly executed and may be unenforceable. Providing these companies hold a Consumer Credit Licence, and are prperly regulated by the Law Society, then you have a sporting chance of getting proper legal advice and help.

I am fairly new to this site and have been trying really hard to get my head around all the information I have learnt but today I have taken a real beating and at this moment in time I cannot see the wood for the trees!

We are in serious credit card debt and have a 2nd charge on our home with a sub prime lender.

We (being myself, my partner and my father) have several properties between us and if we could sell everything today would be able to pay everyone off with a little (not much) left.

We have 2 young children who after a very bad experience at local school were taken out last year and have been home educated since (therefore terrified of them getting upset by phone calls and knocks at the door).

Having been trying to remortgage several properties since September (no luck with any!) we have sold everything we can to keep making the minimum payments on credit cards.

We thought we were virtually there with Abbey. They started a remortgage application for us in January and we were told if we could prove earnings they would be happy to lend. That was 4 weeks ago and they have now, today decided they cannot!

So now we are stuck with sub prime lender (12.1%) whose small print is scaring me rigid. i.e as soon as we come to an agreement with a creditor they have the right to sell our home!

Having learnt what I have on here in the last couple of weeks we intended to CCA all our credit card co's (approx 20 between us) but didn't want to do that until the remortgage was through.

What should we do now? We do not want to loose our home and I just don't know what we should do first.

I have been trying to identify where we stand with the sub prime loan (another thread) but it appears it is unregulated therefore we have no protection from their actions.

Should we just start CCA ing all creditors?

I feel like I want to run away with my kids and hide in a hole! What upsets me most is we are only just getting them back on track after the terrible experiences they endured last year, I don't want to move them away and lose all the friends they have around here!

Sorry if this is all over the place but my mind won't think straight any more!