• Tweets

• TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
    • Hi,   I am not sure if I posted this already here but I don't think I did. I attach a judgement that raises very interesting points IMO. Essentially EVRi did their usual non attendance that we normally see, however the judge (for the first time I've seen in these threads) dismissed the notice and awarded me judgement by default because their notice misses the "confirmation of compliance" paragraph. in and out in 3 minutes (aside from the chat at the end with the judge about his problems with evri) Redacted - evri CPR loss.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Suz V Abbeysharks

leighsuz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

Your threads have been inspirational and so I have decided to jump on board and try to recoupe my money from Abbey.. it would seem from your threads, thats it's a hard going journey but not a fruitless one!

I had to stop working when I bacame ill with cancer, I'm a sgl mum so all the family finances fall under my belt alone.. the monthly bank charges (of up to £120 per month) have constantly thrown me into the red every month and now as a result I am finding myself and my children about to be made homeless. The senseless thing about it all is that had I not been so overcharged then my finances would have been able to stay in the black during this time, and my younge family and myself wouldn't be facing homelessness now! I have to admit to accepting defeat quietly till now.. your threads prove that I'm not alone, I'm not a bad person for having these charges and that there is something I can do about it! Tomorrow I intend opening another bank account (just in case) before taking my letter to abbey requesting last 6yrs statements with £10 cash.. So please please please keep your threads going, as your inspiration is invaluable to newbies like me who are feeling very alone and intimidiated by the system...

Keep up the good work everyone! and I will try to follow in your foot steps.. Im right behind you LOL..

Suz xx

28th July 06 - Data protection request taken into ABBEY branch with £10 cash... clock's started ticking!

05th August 06 - Microfiche arguement letter sent... In reply to first letter from Pam Speed, received from her this morning.

***I will gladly be donating 5% to this site!***

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okey Dokey!

I feel like I've just jumped aboard a very slow train lol... but I've just taken my data protection letter directly into ABBEY asking for all the required info and handed them £10 cash for my receipt... so my clock starts ticking today!! bought a calander just so I can watch the countdown too LOL..

Her goes.... Watch out ABBEY... Suz is on a mission.

The tellers face was a picture, got the feeling mine wasn't the first she'd been handed recently... Have I just joined a revolution I wonder, here's hoping..

40 DAY'S AND COUNTING! stage one

Suz x

28th July 06 - Data protection request taken into ABBEY branch with £10 cash... clock's started ticking!

05th August 06 - Microfiche arguement letter sent... In reply to first letter from Pam Speed, received from her this morning.

Well here's a turn up that I wasn't expecting after having read through previous threads... ABBEY called me this morning to ask if I'd tried requested my last 6yrs statements the 'normal' route, and wanted to know why I'd jumped straight to the data protection request? I've not seen anything in anyone's previous threads to announce this procedure before hand lol.. Simply told the man that I knew that the bank would stall and so decided to go straight to plan A, they don't send me nice requests when I'm overdrawn afterall!

Has anyone else here received such a call? If so, please advise me of what happened..

Suz

Hey Suz,

Just wanted to say good luck with everything. Like you, I've just started out trying to get my ££'s back from the lovely Abbey.

I haven't read any posts saying that someone's gone into the bank with their £10 fee to request statements, although it does sound like a good idea - perhaps if we all march on various branches of Abbey they'll get really scared and pay up with no stalling!! Doesn't mean that no one's done it tho, there really is a lot to read through!!

What's your plan? Did he say whether they were going to give you your statements? Anyway, how else would you ask if not under the data protection act?? Hmmmmmm, they are an annoying bunch and that's for sure!

Good luck and keep posting,

Lou

Hi Lou

So we're at the same starting mark then LOL! nice to find someone at same point as me and with the same bank too..

I took my £10 cash in purely so I would know the exact start date I could start counting from... and seeing the look on the cashiers face was an added bonus! From reading other threads and posts looks like we're in for a long haul doesn't it, but sure it'll be worth it in the long run, especially if it eventually forces the fat cats to resist charging £35 for the charge of a postage stamp and piece of paper... daft when you hear of people finally receiving their back dated statements all in seperate envelopes and including loads of abbey junk mail in each envelope to boot! I take it our over charges are helping to finance such rubbish and over spending by them?.. now let me think... they charge me £35 to tell me i'm over drawn for each seperate incident, but i pay £10 and get 6yrs of statements all in seperate envelopes including adverts for loans and more over drafts etc... hmmm. I think their house keeping leaves a lot to be desired! At a guess I'm probably going to be trying to reclaim around £4000 so I can thank them come Christmas for having looked after it for me so well when I'm using it to take my children away somewhere nice. Won't be thanking the swines for having made me homeless in the process tho.

Good luck Lou with your quest... Please keep me updated it would be interesting to see how we both get on having started proceedings at the same time?

ps.. thanks for posting... was beginning to think my thread was either invisible or just plain boreing lol

Suz x

Juat a thought Lou, but have you opened a parachute account elsewhere yet?

You may think threads go unseen or ignored but I suspect that everyone going through this reads as many as possible. I've spent hours reading other people's stories already.

I'm in a similar position - struggling to pay rent and bills because I pay so much to Abbey and I've got the kids' birthdays and Christmas to plan for. At least we have a light at the end of the tunnel!

I haven't heard about this 'normal' route. I thought the normal route was sending the DPA letter, arguing about whether or not microfiche records are covered by the DPA and hoping that you get your information.

Good luck Suz

Data Protection Act letter sent 11th July 2006

Microfiche argument received 17th July 3006

Response sent 24th July 2006

14 months statements received 26th July 2006

Microfiche data received 28th and 29th July 2006

Prelim letter sent 1st August 2006

Sorry you're not happy letter received 11th August 2006

£175 refund unexpectedly appeared in bank account 16th August 2006

LBA sent 16th August 2006

Claim served 5th October 2006 - Abbey acknowledged 16th October and defence filed.

hya kirstypops

I think by the 'normal route' they ment to simply ask without the dpr.. just another stalling tactic I think... tough.. didn't work... 39 days and still counting! good to see there's more like me... good luck with your claim too! go get em!!

suz

Hey Suz,

They truly are rubbish at Abbey aren't they? What makes me really mad is that they charge me £20 for going over my over draft (husband gets paid weekly which can be a pain when everything comes out monthly!) and more for clearing each payment and yet, and here's the goodie........... they NEVER send me a letter telling me about it so....................... what the hell is it costing them? What do they spend the money on? Like you say, housekeeping is not one of them, although photocopying and envelopes seems to be very likely. My request was for info on 2 a/c's and they sent me a response for each a/c seperatley - what's that about? Grrrrrrrrr.

Having said all that though, I really feel for you - it must be so hard knowing that because of them you may be losing your house. Can't really repay you for that can they? It's like they know how to make the most money out of you. Perhaps they use the money from our charges to pay people to sit and look at our accounts and work out the best days to take charges from us and to make sure money always goes out (usually to them!) before it goes in.:mad:

I think I'm looking at about £2500 from 2 a/c's, I've got a thread going (LouMat v's Abbey) too, Karnevil has been v helpful - although I do think I may be asking the same questions as others, but I've been trawling through as many thread as possible and can't always find what I need. Never mind, hopefully we'll get there in the end!

Lou

PS Sorry, meant to say, haven't got a parachute a/c just yet, but plan to sort it out this week if poss. Probably with Lloyds if I can. How about you? Also, not a boring thread at all - I think there's just so much going on that loads get read just not all replied to. Mines pretty dull, only me and Karnevil! ;)

Hya Lou

Yes have made application for a parachute account elsewhere.. so just waiting for the final acceptance for that.. Better safe than sorry after hearing some of the horror stories here about abbey closing accounts!

Damned banks!

Just received letter from proposed parachute account informing me that they are unable to offer me with a current account at the present time. Could that be as a result of word of mouth from my present bank 'ABBEY'? Although all I've done to date is give them my Data Protection request for last 6yrs statements..

Any advice out there for a 'winner wannabe'?

I'm getting twitchy now! it's been a week 'today' since i gave in my Data Protection request for last 6yrs statements and my £10 cash... and I havn't even had any achknowlegement of it from the Abbey!

The clock's still ticking Abbey so pull our fingers out!!!

All these success stories are really spurring me on, but I'm wondering if there are any unsuccessful ones against Abbey out there?

And how many Abbey account holders have had their accounts closed out of spite?

I may as well be armed with all the nitty gritty eh lol

I am also trying to get charges back from Abbey (at the court stage) but in a reply to my initial letter to them they did 'warn' me that if i continued to try and claim they may close my account....

Thanks for replying emmajay... would be interesting to know how many have actually had their abbey accounts closed? Good luck with courts! please keep me posted how its going :rolleyes:

Hi leighsuz, I got my money back a couple of weeks ago, had filed in court & they settled before I sent in my AQ. My account has not been closed, I took a chance as looking at the forums they are all as bad as each other. My account still seems to be running ok. Apparantly they have to give you 30days notice if they are going to close your account, sure I have read this on another thread somewhere.

Good luck with your claim - keep going - it is worth it in the end. Got my sons money back too from Natwest - it was like xmas in our house for a couple of days!! x

7th June mcol £30 + 276.00 + int17.37=£323.37 Abbey

Accepted £291 chq cleared 28th July

7th June mcol £120 + 1135.02 charges + 83.42 chq for £1438.44 paid to bank 2nd Aug

Thanks Lips

Just been reading through your thread... well done! Hope for us mere mortals yet then! It all looks so complicated, makes me wish I'd taken up accountancy at uni instead of human molecular genetics LOL! Did you use MONEYCLAIM? I've read so many threads and still not sure which path to take myself?

Some good news today... council have finally offered us a house so no longer classed as homeless, no thanks to shabbey.. will be few wks till I can move in tho due to needed repairs.. but still, at least now some of the problems caused by the overcharges are slowly easing. Just need to find a nice man with a van now heehee..

How many of you Abbey claiments out there have actually had your accounts closed as a result of your claim?

And has anyone been unsuccessfull yet?

Don't want to be a grim reaper, would just like to know all of the possibilities.

YES YES YES! I'm in the game at last!!!

Just received my letter from Pam Speed.. Pretty much what I've been expecting after having read all your guys threads.

Thank you for your letter dated 28th July which we received 2nd August.. Which brings me to my first question. I took my DP request into bank by hand and gave them £10 cash in return for a dated receipt.. So does my 40days begin on the 28th or the 2nd (when they say they received it)?

The usual microfiche arguement.. just that they can only send me the information that they presently hold on their system, and that any other info is not covered by the the Data Protection Act and that these archived transactions will not be supplied to me under the Data Protection Act request and will not be subject to the 40 day ruling. They can however supply details of the transactions held on microfiche on payment of an administration fee blah blah blah...

Ooooh and here's the really good bit! "Please can I take this opportunity to assure you that any delay this may cause is unintentional"... ROFLMAO!!!

What now?.. can I send the microfiche arguement letter to them today? and can anyone tell me when my 40 days officially started? The cashier at the bank on the 28th assured me that the letter would be passed on by internal mail same day and they didn't have to wait for a cheque to clear?

Any and all advice for my speedily shrinking brain gratefully received :oops:

Thanks Karnevil... I guess they'll be very quick to take away my £1000 overdraft then... still trying to open a parachute acc, no joy there yet :|

Which is a bummer cos I'm into my overdraft to the last penny... OUCH!

Thanks for that Karnevil. I'll send the mirofiche letter to them this morning recorded delivery... oooh oooh I'm soooo excited now!

My boyfriend came over yest and thinks that I've completely lost the plot if I think I stand any chance of getting any of it back.. He was so patronising.. "well if this makes you feel better, you should go for it, just don't want to see you land on your face and be dissapointed" GRRRRRR... He'll be eating those words before long! (gulp! I hope?) LOL.

Ok, just got back from the Post Office.. letter has gone 1st class and recorded... Chew on that Pam Speed!!! lol! Won't catch me using any outdated stall tactics.

Thanks Karnevil... Here's hoping!

I don't understand why they stall so much, unless they're hoping to get some legislation through at some point to counteract our claims? In the meantime, I'll continue to read through all of the threads in search for inspiration and advice.

Many thanks to everyone on this site! It really is a God send for all of us 'little' people at the mercy of our banks;)

I've already told everyone I know... including a few thousands that I don't using my MSN account.. and my son (14) is setting up a web space on MSN and filling in all of the blanks for me so I can shout about CAG from the roof tops. Don't you just hate it when you have to ask your children for technical advice? I still have to ask my baby 4yr old how to record on the DVD player/recorder. I never was technically minded, I'm more of a cheif cook and bottle washer LOL..

I was just searching in good old google to find out more about this microfiche filing system used by our bank for back dated materials and came across this....

title2.gifWith over 15 years of document conversion and document scanning experience, Microfacs is your best solution to convert your original documents into a digital format. Microfacs specializes in paper and microfilm conversion, microfiche conversion, and aperture card conversion to various digital formats including TIFF & PDF. Microfacs has state of the art equipment and experienced personnel that will produce the highest quality output. With a 24-hour full service facility, our around the clock staffing will get your document conversion projects back - when you need them.

.... Perhaps we should suggest this company to our banks for future reference lol :rolleyes: It would seem that 99.99999% of these microfiche filing firms ALL offer the quick response promise!!!

I had to stop working when I bacame ill with cancer, I'm a sgl mum so all the family finances fall under my belt alone.. the monthly bank charges (of up to £120 per month) have constantly thrown me into the red every month and now as a result I am finding myself and my children about to be made homeless. The senseless thing about it all is that had I not been so overcharged then my finances would have been able to stay in the black during this time, and my younge family and myself wouldn't be facing homelessness now! I have to admit to accepting defeat quietly till now.. your threads prove that I'm not alone, I'm not a bad person for having these charges and that there is something I can do about it!

Hey Suz,

Welcome to the site.

Its makes me extremely angry when i read stories such as yours. Many lives are affected in different ways through these unlawful charges. I hope that just the knowledge that you can get your charges back is enough to give you a sense of empowerment. Just look at the litigation conlcuded section of this site. There are many people receiving refunds.

shABBEY have to be the worst bank of them all....

On a brighter note you will eventually get your money back, it could take a while but a bit of patience is all you need to stick this out. Dont rely on the money for anything until you have it in your bank, as you dont know how long its gonna take to get it back.

Good Luck and ill be cheering you on...all the way........:D :D

LIP

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006