14 services - Illegal Parking Enforcement Bristol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh Wayne, people here are far to clued up up to fall for this. "Captain of a ship" - the Titantic maybe. Except your arguments have bigger holes than the Titanic. Wayne must be having a laugh and hoping a few innocent souls will believe him (maybe takings are down in PPC land, I wonder if it was anything we said). May I suggest we stop feeding.

no worries then ay, i wonder if they are actually keeping photographic evidence. maybe i can sort some of this stuff out get some emails to the council tomorrow. request some information about who they think is responsible for the public and private places in this area.

CIEOS(Civil Independent Enforcement Officers) take the power invested in them to issue parking charges very seriously' date=' and would not issue one lightly [/quote']#

urmmm. what "power invested in them" are you referring to? They have no power whatsoever.

However, using recognized termoinology gives the public peace of mind and ensures consistency of enforcement both on and off-road.

should read,

however using recognised terminology ensurers we dupe as many of the public as possible into thinking the invoice we have issued has some legal standing and the stupid ones just pay up the dosh.

Hi,

I have also received a parking ticket from this company.

I emailed the council and they said this:

'Unfortunately, Bristol City Council do not have a database of privately

operated parking enforcement companies so other than searching the

internet, as you have done, I can not confirm the legitimacy of 14

Services.

That said, privately operated parking enforcement agencies should be

registered with the Security Industry Agency who can confirm companies

that are regulated. Welcome to the SIA - Security Industry Authority

I am sorry that I could not be of more assistance. '

I used the information that hardcore provided regarding the details of the website of the

company by this george cox guy. I typed it in the sia website and found this:

https://portal.the-sia.org.uk/web/st...ETS=1235268177

Below is the Licence holder that your search returned.

Licences Found

George Cox Vehicle Immobilisation Frontline 22/04/2006 Expired

George Cox Vehicle Immobilisation Frontline 23/04/2007 Expired

George Cox Vehicle Immobilisation Frontline 20/06/2008 Expired 21/06/2008

So it appears that he has not renewed his license of his company.

Im just wondering the old company...CHP associates? When did it go bust?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad I've found this post. A long story cut short is that I've parked in the harbourside area (Lime Kiln Road) for quite a while now and have had a number of tickets issued over a period of months. I've done a bit of digging into '14 services' and requested details on the 'parking enforcer'. They stated that their operators are not registered with the s.i.a and do not need to be as they don't clamp or tow vehicles. I then checked into their link with Crest Nicholson- i was surprised as well that they had employed them. However when I was speaking to their representative he stated that 'Crest Nicholson had employed 14 Services to patrol the area's around their development (double yellow lines etc).' i questioned where their boundary ended and they stated the parking bay on Lime Kiln road is not within 14 Services capture area for Crest Nicolson. Therefore the signs around this area are fradulent. When I requested Crest Nicolson's representative to put this in writing, he became very distant and siad that he would call me back. I never received a call back and the signs/parking tickets remain.

The long and short of it is that 14 Services have no right to place these tickets on your car, are not governed to cover the parking bay on Lime Kiln Road and do not pay any parking tickets from them!

a true knowledge pimp has surfaced.

nice one mate, their website does state they are registered with the s.i.a.

bunch of lazy mufferfuzzers for not doing things by the book. just get the certification to operate properly, then maybe they'd get more business operating properly, could build a reputable business, and they wouldn't have to liquidate 'companies' to stay afloat with new names.

idiots.

cheers again 14_services for taking the time to dig deeper

Consumer Regs 2008 Claiming to be a signatory to a code of conduct when the trader is not is an Unfair practice and amounts to a criminal offence. Codes of conduct. In relation to codes of conduct as defined, there are two scheduled offences: falsely claiming to be a signatory to a code of conduct; or that the code has an endorsement from a public or other body. ‘“Code of conduct” means an agreement or set of rules (which is not imposed by legal or administrative requirements), which governs the behaviour of traders who undertake to be bound by it in relation to one or more commercial practices or business sectors (Regulation 2). Public or other body: e.g. falsely claiming that a code has been approved by the DVLA

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, i have been stung by these guys on cannons way (in a layby shortly after the zebra crossing. can somone advise whether i should have been issued with a PCN and whether i should pay? if not what is the proceedure?thanks in advance

Hi, i have been stung by these guys on cannons way (in a layby shortly after the zebra crossing. can somone advise whether i should have been issued with a PCN and whether i should pay? if not what is the proceedure?thanks in advance

Ignore and do not pay. Its an unenforcable invoice and not a PCN as issued by the police/councils. They may send you letters and also may pass things on to a DCA but they will give up after 5-6 'threatograms' :)

thanks DD Wales,couple of issues- the car is a hire car therefore any notices/letters will be sent direct to hire company hard for me to stop them paying on my behalf then slapping an admin fee on.-bank holiday weekend, if i appeal there is going to be 4 postage days lost (no email appeal).- If they send it to a DCA surely they can issue CCJs and black marks on credit ratings ect?sorry if these are dumb Qs, i ajm determined not to pay it but will not jeapodise my credit rating etc.thanks

thanks DD Wales,couple of issues- the car is a hire car therefore any notices/letters will be sent direct to hire company hard for me to stop them paying on my behalf then slapping an admin fee on.-bank holiday weekend, if i appeal there is going to be 4 postage days lost (no email appeal).- If they send it to a DCA surely they can issue CCJs and black marks on credit ratings ect?sorry if these are dumb Qs, i ajm determined not to pay it but will not jeapodise my credit rating etc.thanks

I would certainly have a word with the hire car company and explain the situation regarding unenforcable invoices to them. A few posters have done the same-the hire company suitably ignores and thats it.

A DCA CANNOT issue you a CCJ-only a court can do that and PPC parking matters do not affect your CR.

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, is there an update from this?

A visiting friend got a ticket from these chaps when parking in the bays outside of my apartment a few days ago (There are no signs in this area only on a street light post immediately before you enter the grounds.) This george cox guy is now a registered on the SIA site...

I was wondering what to do? I assume ignore

Additionally, although petty the sign isn't in line with a couple of points on the BPA code of practice. Nor does their ticket hit every point on the CoP

Edited by jc2005

• dx100uk changed the title to 14 services - Illegal Parking Enforcement Bristol