Car turbo Inlet fixed at gaage, now Turbo Blown.

Memnoch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Last week I had my car serviced by Nationwide Auto Centre.

A few days after I noticed smoke coming from the engine, I took it back and they said that this was just coinsidental that the same time as service, something went wrong.

The problem was that the Turbo inlet pipe was clogged with old oil so it had forced oil through the gaskets on the top of the turbo. They fixed this at a quite expensive charge and said they would run oil through the system and fixed it for me.

When I collected the car they also said that the turbo was slightly worn but had around 2 years worth of wear and tear left in it.

When driving home I noticed lots of smoke from the exhaust, which I ignored as I was told to expect it for just old oil that had dripped into the exhaust. I didnt drive the car over the last few days then last night whilst driving home, I lost all power and loads of smoke started pouring out the exhaust, also the engine light and emissions light came on.

I took it back to the garage today and they said it was the turbo and would cost a further £1300 to be fixed.

I am going to the garage in a moment to ask them about their complaints procedure and to speak to the manager, but I intend to take things further as a part they have worked on and supposedly fixed has failed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click the scales in left hand corner if this post has helped you.

Click on the Below Links for more Info:

1, Step By Step Instructions

2, F.A.Q.s'

3, Templates Library

You cant fix turbos, without a complete rebuild IMHO; usually best to another s/hand or replacement rebuild or even new.

Seems they had you on the first time! check with with a garage that deals with your particular car and see what they say.

Just replaced the turbos on mine, werent smoking just whining a lot. £100/pair + 2hours to fix.

The clogged turbo feed will be nothing to do with the garage or the service. It is to do with the frequency and quality of oil and filter changes.

It's also not the garage or service fault that the gasket on the oil feed went either.

Unless you can show that they blocked the oil feed when they changed the gasket, then there is nothing you can claim from them.

You're unlikely to show it was a gasket blocking as the oil wouldn't have got through to burn when the turbo decided he had had enough time on this planet.