RBS bank charge

invmatt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In December a D/D caused my account to go overdrawn by a huge £0.93 :eek: Since then RBS have charged me £28 for the initial £0.93 and another £28 due to the previous charge making my account overdrawn again, at the end of the month I'll be charged again as the latest charge put me over (none stop cycle)

I've contacted RBS and hoped to get a refund due to being on job seekers benefit. When you're living on next to nothing and having the bank take £56 it makes the situation near impossible. I went down the hardship route only to have the call center say they can't do anything. I spoke to the floor manager who placed a note on the system and asked me to visit the branch (they couldn't help either)

Is there anyway I could get these charges back and stop all future charges related to the £0.93 and if so does anyone have any advice?

• 1 year later...

Open another bank account with a different bank. Have your funds deposited into this new account and then you can tell the RBS what to do with their rip-off charges.

What they are charging you equates to thousands of percentage points more than any loan shark or pay day loan company would charge. But the authorities in there wisdom will not curb them.

Since the test case where the fos lost in his attempt to set the rate that they can charge, they have upped the fees ten fold thinking they now have carte blanche to charge whatever they want.

Edited by Conniff