A + L Ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am wanting to start to claim my PPI back on a loan I took out with Alliance and Leicester. I have found my agreement and realise now that the premuim was added to the loan and so I paid interest on that as well. This was a small loan for £1,000 paid back over 12 months in 2004. I did not need PPI but as far as I can recall I could not proceed with the loan online without "ticking" the box. What is the first step I have to take to claim this back and can I claim interest for the 5 years as well. The amount I borrowed for the PPI is £92.48. I am quite clued up on claiming back bank charges but have no idea about claiming back PPI

Thanks Hils

Hello Hils,

Hello, I am wanting to start to claim my PPI back on a loan I took out with Alliance and Leicester. I have found my agreement and realise now that the premuim was added to the loan and so I paid interest on that as well. This was a small loan for £1,000 paid back over 12 months in 2004. I did not need PPI but as far as I can recall I could not proceed with the loan online without "ticking" the box. What is the first step I have to take to claim this back and can I claim interest for the 5 years as well. The amount I borrowed for the PPI is £92.48. I am quite clued up on claiming back bank charges but have no idea about claiming back PPI

Thanks Hils

Have a look at this and although it is 2004 you can bet your life the fiddle was in place then before th FSA took over so you could use this as ammunition in your fight to reclaim mis-sold PPI.

good luck;)

aa

Alliance & Leicester to pay £7 million fine for PPI failings

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

:) Thank you for answering my question aa, much appreciated. I applied for my loan online and when I tried to complete it I was unable to proceed without ticking the box for PPI. Can I claim interest on my PPI and also do you think an e-mail to the address in the info you posted asking for the return of my PPI will be sufficient?

Thank you for answering my question aa, much appreciated. I applied for my loan online and when I tried to complete it I was unable to proceed without ticking the box for PPI. This is obviously mis-selling but they will deny that it is. Can I claim interest on my PPI Yes you can claim the interest and also if you go through the Financial Ombudsman Service they will also probably get 8% statutory interest added.and also do you think an e-mail to the address in the info you posted asking for the return of my PPI will be sufficient? IMO I would stick to letters as you can readily keep track through royal mail recorded delivery or special delivery and you can keep copies to send to the FOS with your complaint if you go that route rather than Court.

Best to keep copies of all correspondence as numbered items so the pattern is readily understood by the FOS;)

aa

• Haha 1

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...
:D Ok folks move this post. I have accepted an offer that I received today for all my PPI and the 8% interest, not a lot I know, £118, but that is every penny I paid plus my interest. I cant believe how easy it was. I am going to tackle HFC now, they must owe us a fortune. Thank you CAG and alanalana

:D Ok folks move this post. I have accepted an offer that I received today for all my PPI and the 8% interest, not a lot I know, £118, but that is every penny I paid plus my interest. I cant believe how easy it was. I am going to tackle HFC now, they must owe us a fortune. Thank you CAG and alanalana

Wow, good for you HF,:grin:

get your success posted on the success forum for all to see:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Hils,

:grin: Ok folks move this post. I have accepted an offer that I received today for all my PPI and the 8% interest, not a lot I know, £118, but that is every penny I paid plus my interest. I cant believe how easy it was. I am going to tackle HFC now, they must owe us a fortune. Thank you CAG and alanalana

**Well Done**:D

A win is a win is a win your own money back where it belongs;)

Please pass the word I will be back to help soon on CAG. Just lost my lovely dad last thursday so not up to being able to do to much at the moment.

Congratulations a success and post in stickies to boost others:)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from