S142 (1)

tendogs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My recent claim against Barclays for PPI on a credit card also included a request for a s.142 declaration.

They were begging to write off the cards entire balance even before their return date. :D

This I found was unsusual. In previous jousts wuth Barclays for charges, they would enter a defence then make an offer of settlement after I had recieved their standard template defence.

In my PPI claim they were on the phone asking if they could speak without prejudice iver a week befire return date.

Made WP offer for full amount of claim. I pusjed it a bit and said wipe debt plus court fee and neg CRA markers.

This was agreed to with indecent haste, looking back.

They were very keen to do all negotiation by phone and WP.

No demands in writing for alleged arrears were recieved during the entire dispute, even during two months of harassment by scouse-a-matic phone calls, no Mercers threat-o-grams were ever recieved.

Edited by noomill060

evening noomill do you have a thread for the barclaycard claim? Is your name Pete? I spent 30 years waiting for a Pete to come along and then >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 at once.

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

Nope, not a pete . sorry.

What dio reckon, PT? Were they running scared of a s.142 dec on an account with no enforceable CCA...?

Actually i believe they were, it is nice to see people actually going after creditors for a change rather than waiting for the lender to sue them

I would suggest that they considered the costs implications of losing plus paying your costs and their own, dont forget barristers dont come cheap

Subscribing here as I am trying to fight an old ccj for a friend where I doubt very much that there is even an application form. Going for set aside of SD on Tuesday morning.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

And you can call me Petra if you want to:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

"Actually i believe they were, it is nice to see people actually going after creditors for a change rather than waiting for the lender to sue them"

"Do what the enemy least expect. If they expect you to run - advance on them, all guns blazing"

Andy McNab in Bravo Two Zero

For the last 2 1/2 years, I have had this blue tacked to the screen in front of me.

I have had plenty of threat-o-grams and letters telling me of the awful fate that will befall me if I dont do as Im told, but no one has the b@lls to issue any proceedings against me.

(All weaponry and ammo provided by CAG.)

Edited by noomill060

"Actually i believe they were, it is nice to see people actually going after creditors for a change rather than waiting for the lender to sue them"

"Do what the enemy least expect. If they expect you to run - advance on them, all guns blazing"

Andy McNab in Bravo Two Zero

Hmm yes, but the Bravo two zero mission went horribly wrong so im not sure that is a good analogy there noomill

:razz:

Yeah well, it was a traditional British cock-up! :D

Remember the human shields, the Brit civilians that Saddam took prisoner and held in the Baghdad Hilton- my friend was among those who made a break for it and legged it as fast they could towards the Syrian border.

They were captured in the same place (directly over the underground Iraqi base) as Andy McNab and his chum were, a few months later.

If my friend had been asked, he could have told MI6 about the underground base!

(If he had been asked!)

I guess a few tons of DCA threatograms pale into insignificance when you have dealt with Saddam and his kind:D.

BANK CHARGES

Others

I really want to get these b@st@rds to cough up the agreement. Is there any way I can compel them so to do? Even at this late date?

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

For Pete's sake

I thought I'd try again before the thread, peters, out. Anyone

If they haven't got the agreement then you are not going to get blood out of a stone. I am sure Pete is not going out in the near future:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

Morning noomill060 that's what I thought, hoped. I'll do some work on POC and post it here to see what people think.

By the by noonmill is your good mood and lack of debt a result of leaving Bolton?

However, not waking up in Bolton is reason enough to put one in a good mood

hear hear lol and darwen godfosaken hole of a pigsty of a place grimy doity and full of cockerroaches reminds me of bank managers

patrickq1

there again its just as bad in wales lol