style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum and I need to admit that it has been very helpful so far.

I have a problem with Optical Express. I ordered some spectacle glasses and I have made a down payment on them. They were late to be delivered and when I went to the shop to pick them up they were all disformed not as they were supposed to be. It's like someone fall on them. When I complained about it, the woman started to twist the frame with her hands! I was quiet upset about it and she started to be rude to me and I requested a full refund of my deposit. She told me that she wouldn't give me a refund. She kept the glasses and threatened me to call the police. I had to leave the shop without the glasses and without the money. Could you help me to write a letter (as my english is not so good!) do I can request a full refund of what I paid. Many thanks.

Edited by LadyGospel

Hi LadyGospel

Sorry to hear about your problems, can you go back to the shop and speak to the manager /optician ( take some one with you if your english is not so good) tell the manager you want a new pair of glasses or your refund back - there is a act in the Uk called the 'sale of goods' act which I cant quote but you could google I think it states on there that goods must be fit for the purpose for which they were made for IE glasses with a twisted frame cannot be worn and therefore are not fit for purpose - I am sure someone will come on here and give you better info.

Were the glasses wire framed - if so the assistant may have been trying to correct the problem, but you needed to be able to put them on to see

if they fitted your face correctly - did the assistant offer this?

Dont be fobbed of - I also believe that opticians have to be registered with some sort of authority again you can check, threaten to report ther opticians to this authority if they wont help you

Please keep calm and polite when dealing with these people - it makes you look stronger and more authoritive if you do