Default Old Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've received a letter from a debt recovery company - with reference to a debt which is in excess of 12 years old at a previous address. The correspondence states :

We have been attempting to contact you at a previous addressheld. However we have been unsuccessful.

We have accessed puplic informaion in order to ascertain your current address (as shown on this letter) and believe that this is your current address.

It is important that you now telephone us on the number shown, as we hold the above agreeement at the address shown and we need to explain this in detail to you.

If you believe this is not your account then please telephone us within 21 days to avoid this account being registered against your name at the Cedit Bureaux.

I thought that a bad debt where no correspondence has taken place or no payment has been made within 6 years is not enforceable? Is this correct? And, can they transfer the debt from my previous address even though I have not lived there for 12 years?

Thanks for your help

hI,

If no payment or acknowledgement of a debt is made in a 6 year period, it is statute barred and the can bog off.

This letter should suffice:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162366

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE